PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

LHS
08-29-2014, 03:20 PM
For a Beretta noob can you elaborate on what standard-configuration means in this context? How would it compare to, say, a 92A1?

No rail, full size frame, integral front sight. My source was unsure if they'd have straight or angled dust covers, but assumed straight. In other words, it'll look exactly like a 92FS, but will only have decocking capability.

s0nspark
08-29-2014, 03:49 PM
No rail, full size frame, integral front sight. My source was unsure if they'd have straight or angled dust covers, but assumed straight. In other words, it'll look exactly like a 92FS, but will only have decocking capability.

Gotcha - thanks much :)

I'm pretty much sold on the idea of a 92A1 full size or compact with the G conversion and Wilson Combat goodness. It would be awesome if Beretta came out with a G variant that is closer to that while I'm saving up my pennies.

Jeep
08-29-2014, 03:49 PM

Do you know if there is any chance of them doing a DAO run?

Dave J
08-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Do we know yet who the distributor will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LHS
08-29-2014, 05:00 PM
All I know is that they made a run of Gs. They haven't even bothered to advertise them yet, in true Beretta fashion. I haven't heard anything else yet, but if I do, I'll post it.

LHS
08-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Gotcha - thanks much :)

I'm pretty much sold on the idea of a 92A1 full size or compact with the G conversion and Wilson Combat goodness. It would be awesome if Beretta came out with a G variant that is closer to that while I'm saving up my pennies.

A run of G compacts, with or without the rail, would sell like hotcakes.

Jeep
08-30-2014, 09:13 PM

Yes it would. So, I think, would a run of Vertec G's.

GardoneVT
08-31-2014, 01:38 AM

The $64,000 question is whether Mr Cletus will buy one too. The gun counter would be a Viking feast of great guns to buy if popular taste alogned with product quality.

Suvorov
08-31-2014, 11:15 AM
The $64,000 question is whether Mr Cletus will buy one too.

Has the 92 series pistol even been on the radar of Mr Cletus since the last Lethal Weapon movie was filmed in the 1990s?

If tricked out compact G models do make there way to civilization, I hope it is before end of year when my ability to obtain them in Kalifornia has the kabosh put down.

Jeep
08-31-2014, 12:11 PM
Has the 92 series pistol even been on the radar of Mr Cletus since the last Lethal Weapon movie was filmed in the 1990s?

If tricked out compact G models do make there way to civilization, I hope it is before end of year when my ability to obtain them in Kalifornia has the kabosh put down.

Is there any chance that California will return to sanity, or does it seem to be locked permanently into the status of being a peoples' republic?

Suvorov
08-31-2014, 12:17 PM
Is there any chance that California will return to sanity, or does it seem to be locked permanently into the status of being a peoples' republic?

I'm hopeful but realistically pessimistic. The problem is that the legislature is able to make new laws faster than the courts (who have been where most of the pro-gun victories in Kalifornia have been won) can strike them down. I do see the roster going away or at least being modified to the point that it allows newer guns back on, but it will most likely take years.

As it stands right now, my intent is to pick up at least a new 92 compact with rail before end of year, but with the reports of new 92 goodies on the horizon, I may just wait a month or so before placing my order.

Clobbersaurus
09-02-2014, 10:54 PM
My Beretta love to eat snap caps. Tore the rim off two more A-zoom's today. Never had this problem with my G17. :D

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/clobbersauras/DSC03650_zpse9dbfc45.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/clobbersauras/media/DSC03650_zpse9dbfc45.jpg.html)

1986s4
09-03-2014, 08:07 AM

I was born there, 2nd generation even, attended school in Berkeley. I left for a free state in the early 90's. I have two brothers behind the lines. From what they tell me the status quo is extreme left, so far left that even a moderate political view would be considered far right. The leftist group think that existed in Berkeley in the 80's has taken over the state government. Free speech? Sure, if you espouse a leftist view talk all you want...

Lon
09-03-2014, 10:54 AM
The new 92Gs are shipping:
http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109891

Lyonsgrid
09-03-2014, 02:39 PM
I have one on the way. Glad to see them back in production.

WobblyPossum
09-03-2014, 04:09 PM
The new 92Gs are shipping:
http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109891
Is this the limited run everyone was talking about? I want one but if there's something with an even more desirable configuration right around the corner, I don't want to be disappointed in two weeks.

YVK
09-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Is this the limited run everyone was talking about?

No, it is not.

Timbonez
09-03-2014, 11:55 PM
No, it is not.

So are you saying this is not a limited run then? If so, any idea when the limited run Beretta everyone has been talking about will be released... or what it is?

Crow Hunter
09-04-2014, 12:21 PM
So are you saying this is not a limited run then? If so, any idea when the limited run Beretta everyone has been talking about will be released... or what it is?

I have no freaking idea but I am going to call it anyway because I bet Langdon is involved plus it is what I want.:rolleyes:

A 92 Compact with a replaceable front sight and the G conversion.

If so, I am going to buy one.

Or two.

And if I really like it as much as I think I will, three.

But since I never get what I want, I probably just jinxed it.:(

GJM
09-04-2014, 12:30 PM

It is a good run, and latest info is it will be unveiled in October when pistols are in hand.

Mr_White
09-04-2014, 02:26 PM
My Beretta love to eat snap caps. Tore the rim off two more A-zoom's today. Never had this problem with my G17. :D

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/clobbersauras/DSC03650_zpse9dbfc45.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/clobbersauras/media/DSC03650_zpse9dbfc45.jpg.html)

My G34s eat A-Zooms the same way. Now I use ST Action Pros with the primer pocket filled with Shoe Goo so the firing pin still gets some cushion.

GJM
09-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Gabe, just another reason you need a 92. The 34 and 92 are simpatico.

Jeep
09-04-2014, 02:39 PM
It is a good run, and latest info is it will be unveiled in October when pistols are in hand.

Can you give us a hint at what type of pistols will be in that run?

Clobbersaurus
09-04-2014, 04:29 PM
My G34s eat A-Zooms the same way. Now I use ST Action Pros with the primer pocket filled with Shoe Goo so the firing pin still gets some cushion.

It's quite possible that they just reached their failure point all at one time. I've only been dry firing the 92 for the last month and a half, before that it was 95% all Glock. I had to reset the G17 much much more than the 92, so the rims got more abuse with the G17.

I have more coming so we'll see what happens. I will say that primer strikes are much deeper with the Beretta.

irascible_joe
09-04-2014, 06:04 PM
The new 92Gs are listed on Lipsey's site (http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=BEJ92G300M) but aren't in stock yet. The guy at my local gun shop wasn't able to find them listed with any other distributors.

Lon
09-04-2014, 08:29 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/xpd54/1905422A-0A2A-4240-80B7-5302E95A1E2F_zpsynl7smvg.jpg

Bobbed hammer from AGW and low pro single sided WC safety installed tonight.

hufnagel
09-04-2014, 08:36 PM
rumor has it a LGS has a couple of the new 92G's.
IF I can get out there tomorrow...
IF they actually have them in stock...
I might be breaking a promise to myself and buying another firearm this year.

DGI
09-05-2014, 04:59 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439378529

New 92G on GB... $650 BIN

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439440033

$599 no CC fees

YVK
09-05-2014, 08:33 AM
AD:

Looking for a qualified professional to remove a stump of a sight, weld up and dovetail cut for a front sight on a Beretta 92G.

okie john
09-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Not the latest and greatest, but Robertson Trading Post has 92FS police turn-ins starting at $419.00.

Okie John

irascible_joe
09-10-2014, 05:04 PM
The 92Gs are "allocated" at Lipsey's and may be hard to get ahold of. I'm debating between snagging one from Gunbroker or waiting for this mysterious special edition model that's supposed to come out next month...

Jeep
09-11-2014, 03:33 PM
The 92Gs are "allocated" at Lipsey's and may be hard to get ahold of. I'm debating between snagging one from Gunbroker or waiting for this mysterious special edition model that's supposed to come out next month...

Any idea about what it might be? Any chance of a Vertec?

irascible_joe
09-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Any idea about what it might be? Any chance of a Vertec?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. If you read back a few pages in this thread, there are comments from members who apparently know but aren't at liberty to say.

msstate56
09-13-2014, 03:22 AM
Yesterday I tried to be patriotic and bought a Beretta 92 FS compact (w/ the M9A1 type frame), due in no small part to this thread. I'm a Glock guy, not by choice, but due to being issued one for most of a decade. Since it was my duty pistol, I purchased several Glocks for backup, off duty carry, and personal practice. I can run Glocks very well, and am the defending two-time department pistol champion. However, I started my pistol shooting with a Sig P220 DA/SA years ago, and shoot DA revolvers regularly. I wanted something different than a Glock (I've already been down the M&P and XD roads) and decided to give Beretta a try.

That said I have some questions to those who have run a 92 for a while.

Are there any grips available that are thinner than the stock plastic panels? I have large palms, but short fingers. I am going to order the short reach trigger, and already have a "D" hammer spring on the way.

Is the Wolff trigger spring conversion unit worth the time? I already ordered spare factory trigger return springs just in case (I've already dry fired it at least 800-1000 times already)

Will polishing internals (hammer notches, sear, trigger bar) help smooth out the trigger pull? I've always polished the trigger bar and connector on my Glocks, but this is my first hammer fired pistol to work on.

Has anyone used the Wilson Combat Beretta 92 rear sight? It looks like it gives a very 10-8/ Warren Tactical type sight picture (I run Warren Tactical rears on my Glocks).

Kyle Reese
09-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Mine was a phone call away and arrived at my FFL the following day. Look at it this way- if you get one, and don't like it, you should have very little trouble selling it.

JTQ
09-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Are there any grips available that are thinner than the stock plastic panels? I have large palms, but short fingers.

The VZ grips are supposed to be a little thinner. https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/beretta-92

I received an email from them yesterday, telling me they are having a three day sale. I forgot you said "compact". I don't know if VZ offers their grips for the compacts.

I've seen a few posts over the years from guys with smaller hands recommending the Hogue rubber panels, not the wrap arounds, just the side panels, as something that helps them. http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_72_613&products_id=4197

Clobbersaurus
09-13-2014, 09:11 AM
VZ grips are a little thinner. I have a set of the golf ball pattern and I like them, but for the life of me I don't understand why they only texture the lower portion of the grip. I went back to a stippled set of their OEM panels, I need more texture higher up on the panel.

JSGlock34
09-13-2014, 09:19 AM
For those that are eligible, here's $50 off that new 92G...includes Veterans.

http://www.beretta.com/assets/12/7/BDT-Banner.jpg

Beretta 2014 American Military Program (http://www.beretta.com/en-us/bdt/amp/?utm_campaign=BDT&utm_content=5447184&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook)

YVK
09-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Are there any grips available that are thinner than the stock plastic panels? I have large palms, but short fingers. I am going to order the short reach trigger, and already have a "D" hammer spring on the way.

Is the Wolff trigger spring conversion unit worth the time? I already ordered spare factory trigger return springs just in case (I've already dry fired it at least 800-1000 times already)

Will polishing internals (hammer notches, sear, trigger bar) help smooth out the trigger pull? I've always polished the trigger bar and connector on my Glocks, but this is my first hammer fired pistol to work on.

Has anyone used the Wilson Combat Beretta 92 rear sight? It looks like it gives a very 10-8/ Warren Tactical type sight picture (I run Warren Tactical rears on my Glocks).

Fitting Vertec grips slims it down quite a bit. They should also be cheaper than VZ. You might wanna try that before spending money on short trigger and VZs. I personally find both mods, slim grips and short trigger, excessive. Problem is I can't choose one of them.

I don't like Wolff unit for the quality of trigger pull, and chose to stay on top of preventative maintenance.

Yes, there are some references on Beretta Forum in regards to polishing internals, and Josh at AGW does what's known as a trigger job in a box, when you send him parts and slide only. He also sells triggers with delrin ot stop, many like them.
I personally feel that Elite hammers improve trigger pull too, but that's purely subjective.

GJM
09-13-2014, 10:55 AM
I thought the benefit of the Elite hammer was reliable ignition, not trigger pull?

Trooper224
09-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I use VZ grips (tactical slants) and the Wilson rear sight on my 92FS and find them to be worthwhile additions. The VZ's taper towards the edges and offer a better ergonomic feel. The sight works as advertised. I find the Wolff unit to also be a good modification. Mine didn't change the feel of the trigger at all, mileage varies on that though. I didn't find polishing the internals necessary so no help there.

YVK
09-13-2014, 04:19 PM
I thought the benefit of the Elite hammer was reliable ignition, not trigger pull?

Yes, it is supposed to be weighted appropriately for a D spring. However, my unit with an Elite hammer has a better pull than the one with a D hammer, with both being polished. Samples of one and all.

NGCSUGrad09
09-29-2014, 08:05 PM

So are we talking early or late October? :cool:

GJM
09-29-2014, 09:11 PM
So are we talking early or late October? :cool:

Not sure, but as soon as I hear it is ready for announcement I will be sure to post it on PF.

thatguybryan
10-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Not sure, but as soon as I hear it is ready for announcement I will be sure to post it on PF.

standing by..

GJM
10-14-2014, 06:48 PM

I just got confirmation that the special run Beretta pistols will indeed ship from BUSA and be available for sale in October.

threedogdad
10-14-2014, 08:34 PM
I just got confirmation that the special run Beretta pistols will indeed ship from BUSA and be available for sale in October.

Trivial question that has probably already been answered; if so please forgive me, but do you know whether these will have the slanted or straight dust covers?

GJM
10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Trivial question that has probably already been answered; if so please forgive me, but do you know whether these will have the slanted or straight dust covers?

I am not smart enough to know the difference, can you give me examples of both?

Suvorov
10-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I am not smart enough to know the difference, can you give me examples of both?

The straight dust cover is the original M9 profile that is parallel to the slide rails. The "slanted" dust covers are slanted upwards towards the muzzle. They began showing up early to mid 2000's around the same time or just after the reduced radius backstrap. Supposedly they reduce stress concentrations and thus frame cracking on 96 series guns. AFAIK - they were never approved for military M9s so are only found on civilian/LE guns. Seems they are pretty interchangeable at the factory so you can get one batch of 92s with straight dust covers and one batch with slanted. That said, the slanted covers are a lot more prevalent on newer guns. All that said - it is a moot point if the new releases have accessory rails.

GJM
10-14-2014, 09:02 PM
That said, the slanted covers are a lot more prevalent on newer guns. All that said - it is a moot point if the new releases have accessory rails.

Has an accessory rail. And a dovetailed front sight, with a tritium insert installed. And a bunch of other things folks here will dig.

Suvorov
10-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Has an accessory rail. And a dovetailed front sight, with a tritium insert installed. And a bunch of other things folks here will dig.

Full size or compact? I just talked to the wife about the NEED to pick up a couple new gun a before the SSE ends for us in Kali. The railed compact is at the top of my list but with "one gun a month" I have at most three new guns so I need to choose wisely in the event I'm never able to escape Kalifornia.

GJM
10-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Full size or compact? I just talked to the wife about the NEED to pick up a couple new gun a before the SSE ends for us in Kali. The railed compact is at the top of my list but with "one gun a month" I have at most three new guns so I need to choose wisely in the event I'm never able to escape Kalifornia.

If you can hold tight for no more than 15 days, you will see and be able to purchase this new limited run pistol in all its full size glory. Essentially a modernized version of what many folks believe is the most desirable Beretta variant. That is it on info lest I get in hot water. :)

threedogdad
10-14-2014, 10:58 PM
All that said - it is a moot point if the new releases have accessory rails.

Dang. Didn't realize these would have rails. Already been down that road with Beretta and wasn't overly pleased. I'll pass.

Suvorov
10-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Dang. Didn't realize these would have rails. Already been down that road with Beretta and wasn't overly pleased. I'll pass.

What did you not like about the Beretta rail guns?

My large fleet of them are all straight rails except for one slant that I picked up as a "rescue gun". Since I use a tick - the slant rail is undesirable.

The only issue I see with a railed compact and a 92a1 or something of that ilk will be the need for new holsters and that Safariland does not make an ALS holster for the Beretta rail guns.

threedogdad
10-14-2014, 11:34 PM
For me, the 92A1 and 96A1 just felt so...big, bulky, I guess. I don't know how else to describe it. The Beretta has always been a large pistol, but I learned to love them anyway and put a lot of accurate rounds downrange over the years. But that rail just changed the feel of the pistol for me. It was like tying a weight onto the muzzle. Just felt wrong; unbalanced. I shot mine for months and could never get comfortable with the (to me, at least) muzzle heavy feel of it. I know others really like the feature, but I never warmed up to it.

Suvorov
10-14-2014, 11:37 PM
For me, the 92A1 and 96A1 just felt so...big, bulky, I guess. I don't know how else to describe it. The Beretta has always been a large pistol, but I learned to love them anyway and put a lot of accurate rounds downrange over the years. But that rail just changed the feel of the pistol for me. It was like tying a weight onto the muzzle. Just felt wrong; unbalanced. I shot mine for months and could never get comfortable with the (to me, at least) muzzle heavy feel of it. I know others really like the feature, but I never warmed up to it.

Thanks, makes since.

BTW - I meant to say straight dust cover, not rail, but you figured it out. :o

GJM
10-15-2014, 06:38 AM
1) per the BUSA website, the weight difference between the railed M9A1 and 92FS is .6 ounce. I shoot railed and non railed models all the time, and while I notice the difference in handling between a Centurion and full size, don't notice the difference between railed and non railed.

2) Bill Rogers will be making a 7000 series ALS holster for the railed models. I haven't checked lately, it was slated for July, so may even be done now.

rauchman
10-15-2014, 09:50 AM

Interest is very high on this.

MD7305
10-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Saw this link on another forum. Beretta 92G Vertec at AUSA.
https://www.facebook.com/HighPortApparel/photos/a.1532765386955041.1073741828.1532448226986757/1537694759795437/?type=1&theater

If that's the forth coming announcement from Beretta USA, put me down for one!

Rack
10-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Interest is very high on this.

I'll say.

Fire-Medic
10-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Saw this link on another forum. Beretta 92G Vertec at AUSA.
https://www.facebook.com/HighPortApparel/photos/a.1532765386955041.1073741828.1532448226986757/1537694759795437/?type=1&theater

If that's the forth coming announcement from Beretta USA, put me down for one!

Maybe this is the big secret that's suppose to be announced this month............

GJM
10-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Maybe this is the big secret that's suppose to be announced this month............

Nope. That is another sign Beretta USA is on the move, but this isn't the product I have been referring to.

Fire-Medic
10-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Nope. That is another sign Beretta USA is on the move, but this isn't the product I have been referring to.

Well then that's actually good news ;) Means more than one surprise lol.........

GJM
10-15-2014, 12:46 PM
I think it really depends on how successful this new limited run Beretta is. If it seeks quickly, I think we will see more and more cool Beretta stuff. So, do your patriotic duty and buy one (or more) when they become available later this month.

If I were more talented, I would take a picture of the new pistol and do the thing TLG did with his 1911, and uncover a bit each day, until the whole thing was exposed on day of announcement.

GJM
10-15-2014, 01:46 PM
here it is:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/berettapartial_zpsfbc07985.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/berettapartial_zpsfbc07985.jpg.html)

Fire-Medic
10-15-2014, 01:57 PM
here it is:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/berettapartial_zpsfbc07985.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/berettapartial_zpsfbc07985.jpg.html)

Ok so slide says "Tactical" ? Dovetail front sight and railed frame :D

wmu12071
10-15-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't like this game...

Beat Trash
10-15-2014, 03:21 PM
If this is a Centurion length slide and barrel, then you have my undivided attention...

hufnagel
10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
darn. and I *just* bought a brand new 92G :D
(fyi, I don't regret it. I like it a lot.)
(warning! potato quality picture!)

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/tehsota/Firearms/SAM_1194.jpg

Jared
10-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Looks like it's gonna be an updated 92G-SD.

ETA: I'm thinking a Vertec G slide on an M9A1 frame with a 4.7" barrel. At least I'm hoping. I really don't want a Brigadier slide as I don't have a holster that'll fit it.

tomr
10-15-2014, 04:29 PM
92A1 rail has 2 grooves, doesn't it? This shorter barrel, then?

opmike
10-15-2014, 04:34 PM
92A1 rail has 2 grooves, doesn't it? This shorter barrel, then?

This frame is some kind of 92A1/M9A1 hybrid. The M9A1 frame has one groove, like this frame does, along with the oval take-down button. However, this frame has the curved/undercut portion towards the rear of the rail like the 92A1.

Jared
10-15-2014, 04:46 PM
This frame is some kind of 92A1/M9A1 hybrid. The M9A1 frame has one groove, like this frame does, along with the oval take-down button. However, this frame has the curved/undercut portion towards the rear of the rail like the 92A1.

I jumped the gun with my post, you're right about the frame. We already know it's a full size, so that flush fit barrel will be like 4.7" or so, like the Elite II.

GJM
10-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Looks like it's gonna be an updated 92G-SD.

ETA: I'm thinking a Vertec G slide on an M9A1 frame with a 4.7" barrel. At least I'm hoping. I really don't want a Brigadier slide as I don't have a holster that'll fit it.

Tony at JM has my 92G-SD slide now and is tooled up for holsters for Brigadier slide pistols. The Blade-Tech Elite holster also holds the G-SD. Bill Rogers is working on an ALS holster for railed 92 pistols.

JSGlock34
10-15-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm thinking a Vertec G slide on an M9A1 frame with a 4.7" barrel. At least I'm hoping. I really don't want a Brigadier slide as I don't have a holster that'll fit it.

Funny, I know a guy who shoots one of those...

http://pistol-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2517&d=1408383354

JSGlock34
10-15-2014, 06:10 PM
For those wanting to hedge their bets when choosing a Beretta 92 holster, Wilson Combat's Tactical Assault Holster (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical-Assault-Holster-Beretta-92_96-Right-Hand-15-Belt-Black-Kydex/productinfo/TA4BKR15/) is advertised as fitting "all Beretta 92/96 variants, with or without light rail". I'm currently using one with a M9. On sale right now too...

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/TA4BKR15-001.JPG

Jeep
10-15-2014, 07:05 PM

So you're betting it will be a "Langdon Special?"

rauchman
10-15-2014, 08:29 PM
If this is a Centurion length slide and barrel, then you have my undivided attention...

A very big +1

opmike
10-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Guys, this is going to be a full-sized gun. Think updated 92G-SD.

JSGlock34
10-16-2014, 05:48 PM
So you're betting it will be a "Langdon Special?"

Have we seen any indications that Brigadier slides are back in production? Especially now with the Vertec 92G appearing at AUSA, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vertec upper paired with a M9A1 lower (though I hope sans lanyard loop). I seem to recall that Ernie and Todd have been trying to get Beretta to offer that particular combination for years - hopefully they listened. I think most would consider a Vertec slide more desirable than the Brigadier slide - better holster compatibility. Wasn't part of the original motivation for using the Brigadier slide to make the 92G Elite pistols visually distinctive from their FS counterparts (for litigious reasons)? If Beretta is now producing standard 92Gs for consumer sale, I'd say they're over that particular legal hurdle.

I'm interested in learning the nitty-gritty, particularly the price and if any Wilson parts are in this pistol...

GardoneVT
10-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Have we seen any indications that Brigadier slides are back in production? Especially now with the Vertec 92G appearing at AUSA, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vertec upper paired with a M9A1 lower (though I hope sans lanyard loop). I seem to recall that Ernie and Todd have been trying to get Beretta to offer that particular combination for years - hopefully they listened. I think most would consider a Vertec slide more desirable than the Brigadier slide - better holster compatability. Wasn't part of the motivation for using the Brigadier slide to make the 92G Elite pistols visually distinctive from their FS counterparts (for litigious reasons)? If Beretta is now producing standard 92Gs for consumer sale, I'd say they're over that particular legal hurdle.

I'm interested in learning the nitty-gritty, particularly the price and if any Wilson parts are in this pistol...

I'd guesstimate the new gun pictured has a Brigadier slide, G configuration, 4.7" barrel and Vertec frame. Beretta's taken a PR beating for the 92FS being unfriendly to small handed shooters, and with women having a bigger role in the shooting world it makes good business sense to offer a gun which the fastest growing customer base can shoot comfortably.

The holster issue, IMO, is overstated. BladeTech offers one for the Brigadier slide size, and most of the non-pf.com crowd will be carrying these in cases to the competition site rather then IWB anyways. When the average Joe thinks "Carry Pistol", Beretta 92 is the last thing to come to mind.

opmike
10-16-2014, 06:12 PM
The holster issue, IMO, is overstated. BladeTech offers one for the Brigadier slide size

Blade Tech has a holster for a Beretta with a Brig slide and railed frame?

GardoneVT
10-16-2014, 06:18 PM

I have a BladeTech IWB holster made for the Brigadier Elite which does fit an M9A1 & 96A1 ,with some adjustment for the latter. PM me for details .

MVS
10-16-2014, 06:21 PM

I was in a class with Ernest Langdon this past weekend. He and a couple of Beretta aficianados were squealing like school girls about new offerings. Now I wish I had paid more attention.

GJM
10-16-2014, 06:44 PM

the OWB for the Elite fits the 92G-SD as well. You can tighten it down and it works with a Vertec and M9A1 frame but not the 92A1.

GJM
10-16-2014, 06:45 PM
OK, here is another clue:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/Berettapreview2_zpsd06bb24b.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/Berettapreview2_zpsd06bb24b.jpg.html)

JSGlock34
10-16-2014, 07:01 PM
GJM - thanks for the preview, as it starts to answer one of my questions. I guess there is some Wilson in there...at least the grips (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-G10-Grips-Tactical-Slants-Pattern-with-WC-Logo-Dirty-Olive-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/640TS%2DDO/)!

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/639TS-DO-001.jpg

WobblyPossum
10-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Looks like a Brigadier slide. The grips look like VZ grips so I'm guessing its the standard, non-Vertec grip profile. The frame looks like a hybrid of the 92a1 and M9a1 frames. I'm interested.

GJM
10-16-2014, 07:05 PM
GJM - thanks for the preview, as it starts to answer one of my questions. I guess there is some Wilson in there...at least the grips (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-G10-Grips-Tactical-Slants-Pattern-with-WC-Logo-Dirty-Olive-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/640TS%2DDO/)!

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/639TS-DO-001.jpg

That is a good looking pistol in your post -- is that your Beretta 92? I think the grips on your pistol are made by VZ.

GardoneVT
10-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Hmmn..metal trigger, Brigadier slide, traditional trigger guard design....SAO, perhaps?

JSGlock34
10-16-2014, 07:12 PM
That is a good looking pistol in your post -- is that your Beretta 92? I think the grips on your pistol are made by VZ.

No, not mine. That's a pic from the Wilson site - does VZ make grips for Wilson? Perhaps I should've linked this pic.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/640TS-DO-002.jpg

My only Beretta is a stock M9, but I'm very tempted by what I've been hearing, and ever since Ernest let me put a few rounds through his Wilson Custom Beretta I've been looking...

GJM
10-16-2014, 07:21 PM
I have heard Wilson is doing a lot of Beretta work lately, but I haven't gone to their site and pored over the pictures. Have a link?

I think a CZ SP01 Shadow, tuned by Mink, CZ Custom or similar, is a better pure game gun. However, the Beretta 92 is a gun that you can game in Production and IDPA, carry concealed and use as a general defensive pistol, in a thoroughly vetted and supported platform. My buddy, who just made A shooting a P226, was favorably impressed shooting my 92 recently. I believe Ernest Langdon recently made GM with a 92, Willshoot did, and obviously Stoeger kicked butt with a 92.

Jesting Devil
10-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Hmmn..metal trigger, Brigadier slide, traditional trigger guard design....SAO, perhaps?

Check the slide

OK, here is another clue:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/Berettapreview2_zpsd06bb24b.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/Berettapreview2_zpsd06bb24b.jpg.html)

92G :cool:

And if you look at the upper edge of the side of the slide flat just in front of the serrations, it swoops up. $10 says there's a Brigadier slide on this baby.

LHS
10-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Check the slide

92G :cool:

And if you look at the upper edge of the side of the slide flat just in front of the serrations, it swoops up. $10 says there's a Brigadier slide on this baby.

Yup, from the looks of it, definitely a 92G Brig slide. But I shan't say more :)

JTQ
10-16-2014, 09:15 PM
I have heard Wilson is doing a lot of Beretta work lately, but I haven't gone to their site and pored over the pictures. Have a link?

Here is the Wilson link. http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp?utm_source=Wilson+Combat+Newsletter&utm_campaign=5f0f8f2d6b-BerettaLaunch&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7e19171a14-5f0f8f2d6b-309688053&mc_cid=5f0f8f2d6b&mc_eid=04e8246583

For those looking for the VZ grips for the Beretta 92 https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/beretta-92

tomr
10-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Not a Beretta guy at all. By that I mean no experience. Whats a Brigadier slide and why is it apparently desireable?

tomr
10-16-2014, 11:26 PM

I think a CZ SP01 Shadow, tuned by Mink, CZ Custom or similar, is a better pure game gun. However, the Beretta 92 is a gun that you can game in Production and IDPA, carry concealed and use as a general defensive pistol, in a thoroughly vetted and supported platform. My buddy, who just made A shooting a P226, was favorably impressed shooting my 92 recently. I believe Ernest Langdon recently made GM with a 92, Willshoot did, and obviously Stoeger kicked butt with a 92.

Don't you shoot one?

GardoneVT
10-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Not a Beretta guy at all. By that I mean no experience. Whats a Brigadier slide and why is it apparently desireable?

Regular 92= 1500 Chevy Truck

92 Brigadier=2500 HD . Bigger, with changeable dovetail sights as a result.

Its also prettier, in my opinion. Yours may vary.

LHS
10-17-2014, 12:10 AM
Some photos of a friend's Steel I, with VZ grips modified by AGW to fit the Vertec frame and cut for the frame-mounted safety.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10703695_10203071142035588_170905671545212390_n.jp g?oh=b8f51099a0de01fcd525a9646409bdc6&oe=54BC53CE

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10435787_10203071142235593_4689929388880570862_n.j pg?oh=01976010041cc45c1a498b4dd72259a2&oe=54B07DBE

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10614259_10203071142435598_13518343531761530_n.jpg ?oh=18eda210bf7387cd647829190f0c4f21&oe=54C285B9&__gda__=1421479781_77a955b23544b5a7fab351646bbcef7 a

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10501914_10203071142715605_9041352532191398676_n.j pg?oh=cc9dd79f7e35967a52b5f91bcc35d562&oe=54B4A1AF&__gda__=1420909562_c398aa3342c172b71e9d62ffa779fb6 7

LHS
10-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Regular 92= 1500 Chevy Truck

92 Brigadier=2500 HD . Bigger, with changeable dovetail sights as a result.

Its also prettier, in my opinion. Yours may vary.

The Brig slide is slightly thicker, and has a pronounced hump on either side. As I understand it, it was originally designed for the .40-caliber guns used by the Border Patrol, but was chosen for the Elite series because it had dovetailed front sights. With the advent of the Vertec slide, you can have the dovetailed front sight and still fit standard 92/M9 holsters, so there are a lot of folks who prefer that. Most of my 92 time is behind an Elite, so I'm used to the Brig slide and find the standard 92/M9 slide light and fluffy.

SteveK
10-17-2014, 08:11 AM
I have been liking my 92A1 a lot more than I ever liked my Elites. Not sure why. Before the trigger bar under my support thumb (lefty) always bothered me but now I don't notice it. Definitely see a M9A1 and Compact in the future. One thing I definitely need to try is the new Wilson extended mag release. I still use my trigger finger to dump the mags and it's fairly hard to get to on the 92. I'm just wondering if the extended release left in the right hand position would be a carry issue for a lefty.

Jeep
10-17-2014, 08:28 AM
The Brig slide is slightly thicker, and has a pronounced hump on either side. As I understand it, it was originally designed for the .40-caliber guns used by the Border Patrol, but was chosen for the Elite series because it had dovetailed front sights. With the advent of the Vertec slide, you can have the dovetailed front sight and still fit standard 92/M9 holsters, so there are a lot of folks who prefer that. Most of my 92 time is behind an Elite, so I'm used to the Brig slide and find the standard 92/M9 slide light and fluffy.

Fluffy? (Light I get.)

Super77
10-17-2014, 09:25 AM
I've read through this whole thread and may have missed the answer to this question. If that's the case I apologize in advance, but where will these be available? What dealers will have them?

FS00008
10-17-2014, 10:06 AM
I too prefer the Brigadier Slide. I understand EL and TLG's arguments for the Vertec slide, and I think they have merit, but there's nothing like a big hunk of steel for comfort. Heck, I really want another steel frame gun with a Brig Slide. My Steel I feels like a .22

tomr
10-17-2014, 10:29 AM

OK, I'm really off the back on these. Maybe others are late to the party as well?

Brigadier slide is thicker and tougher. I get 40 is harder on guns. Did that thickness and extra slide height buildup work on a specific weakness in the system? Cracking slides or some such? Why is this a desirable feature in say a nine?

The Elite "series" had the Brigadier slide and a dovetailed front sight. Why/how was it a series? Multiple calibers? Different variations?

Vertec slide is what? Dovetailed front sight without the thickness addition? Hence uses regular 92 and M9 holsters?

Doesn't the 92A1 have a dovetailed front sight? But, doesn't have Brigadier slide thickness? Read somewhere about some sort of buffer in these, guys didn't like - what is that? Why Vertec after 92A1?

FS00008
10-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Best thing I can do is show you visually.

Here they are side by side:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10685328_10203072987441722_3857562624684197492_n.j pg?oh=95386838b9cf95a9814105eecf8c6bc3&oe=54B63E6E

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1926812_10203072988761755_8520586132407087132_n.jp g?oh=c9951c89b45ca6aa6d4a33cb3a0436d8&oe=54B904AB&__gda__=1420671260_7b345b0cc2ef456415136d0e5bcbadc 2

GardoneVT
10-17-2014, 11:01 AM
OK, I'm really off the back on these. Maybe others are late to the party as well?

Brigadier slide is thicker and tougher. I get 40 is harder on guns. Did that thickness and extra slide height buildup work on a specific weakness in the system? Cracking slides or some such? Why is this a desirable feature in say a nine?

The Elite "series" had the Brigadier slide and a dovetailed front sight. Why/how was it a series? Multiple calibers? Different variations?

Vertec slide is what? Dovetailed front sight without the thickness addition? Hence uses regular 92 and M9 holsters?

Doesn't the 92A1 have a dovetailed front sight? But, doesn't have Brigadier slide thickness? Read somewhere about some sort of buffer in these, guys didn't like - what is that? Why Vertec after 92A1?

Given my screenname, I suppose I should deliver the 'Beretta Breifing'. Corrections from others are welcome.

Back in the day, there were only two variants of the Beretta 92-the 92FS,and the military contract M9.

Then Beretta released the Model 96 to take advantage of the early 90's LE .40 cal bandwagon alongside S&W , Glock, Sig and so forth. Unfortunately, initial Model 96 pistols were 9mm models with a .40 magazine and barrel :that resulted in less then ideal reliability due to frame issues and other problems in LE service. To rectify the problems, Beretta redesigned the frame to incorporate more material on the dustcover for standard 96 pistols, and Beretta of Italy initiated a long term project to make a ground up .40 S&W Beretta 96 with better durability.

In the shorter term, however,the Beretta USA subsidiary still had LE clients to please. So , they made the Brigadier slide which in .40 reduced the risk of problems , and combined with the reinforced dustcover meant the Model 96 became a pleasent gun to shoot. The thicker slide also permitted the inclusion of a front sight dovetail , which wasnt dimensionally possible for the original 96/92/M9 slides with the integrated front sight. A lot of one-off Berettas with this slide and frame combo were made in the mid 90's and early 00's like the Elite I and II, Brigadier,Brigadier G , G-SD, the Border Patrol model, and others.One design offered a 1911 straight grip friendlier to smaller handed shooters called the Vertec, a design this forums founder was personally involved in at his time at BUSA. All these lovely models have long since been discontinued, leaving only the M9A1,92FS, and military M9 for current production today.

Remember the long term project I mentioned? The folks in Italy produced the Model Ninety-Two(No Numbers), which had an integrated frame buffer, changeable backstrap design, luminescent sights remnicent of current HK sights, and a dovetailed front sight on a marginally thicker slide. Never heard of it before? Thats because it was a market flop, given that it was an avant-garde design which was , shall we say, an acquired aesthetic taste. But fear not-its still sold today, with a much more sensible exterior design and grip configuration as the 92A1 and 96A1.Trouble is, the frame design is bespoke to these two guns on account of the reengineered buffer and other changes, so while theyre cosmetically similar to the legacy 92/96/Brigaider/M9.... theyre not the same gun.

So, holster fit between all these guns can be an odessey. On the bright side, all of the currently available models are rather reliable , especially the 96A1. Beretta learned their lessons well from the initial Model 96 troubles, and the 92A1 enjoys the benefits of the frame buffer despite being in 9mm. The only trouble in paradise is, the only legacy models which have changeable front sights are the Brigadier slide models, which have been discontinued for over a decade now. The current 'legacy' Model 92/M9/M9A1 all have fixed front sights. The 'nu92s' like the 92A1/96A1 do have changeable sights, but arent compatible with the legacy frames or their holsters in most cases. Small parts between them like the grips, triggers, and hammers fortunately do fit, but guiderods and barrels and slides are unique.

Hence the excitement over the latest offerings to come. No longer do discriminating shooters have to send their standard build M9s/92s/92A1/96A1s off for aftermarket custom work to get things plastic gun fans take for granted like beveled magwells ,decockers, and changeable sight options.

tomr
10-17-2014, 11:35 AM
You guys are great! Thanks.

threedogdad
10-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Great post, Gardone.

The folks in Italy produced the Model Ninety-Two(No Numbers)

Actually, some numbers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_90two

LHS
10-17-2014, 05:04 PM
I'd add only one thing to Gardone's post: in addition to the smaller frame, the Vertec had a redesigned slide that hewed to the original slide's dimensions, but incorporated a dovetailed front sight. So you can have the interchangeable front sight without needing a proprietary holster.

GJM
10-17-2014, 08:22 PM
back to the new pistol:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/beretta3_zps4d14c233.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/beretta3_zps4d14c233.jpg.html)

threedogdad
10-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Local shop has an Inox 92 in stock today. Straight sided dust cover and it lacked the...oh shoot, what's it called...the indentation on the back straps of 92's since the late nineties to make them fit smaller hands. Anyway, what I mean is, this pistol was labelled "92FS" but appears to have an M9 frame...except for the silver finish, of course. Is this common practice on the Inox pistols, or is someone in Maryland just randomly grabbing frames and slides out of a crate and assembling them into complete pistols without regard to any firm guidance as to what frame and what slide belong together?

ETA: GJM, I'm digging the VZ grips in your pictures as much or more as I am the new pistol. Those are sharp.

Up1911Fan
10-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Local shop has an Inox 92 in stock today. Straight sided dust cover and it lacked the...oh shoot, what's it called...the indentation on the back straps of 92's since the late nineties to make them fit smaller hands. Anyway, what I mean is, this pistol was labelled "92FS" but appears to have an M9 frame...except for the silver finish, of course. Is this common practice on the Inox pistols, or is someone in Maryland just randomly grabbing frames and slides out of a crate and assembling them into complete pistols without regard to any firm guidance as to what frame and what slide belong together?

Vertec?

ETA: GJM, I'm digging the VZ grips in your pictures as much or more as I am the new pistol. Those are sharp.

GardoneVT
10-17-2014, 09:26 PM

Is it new or used?

Used Inox pistols had the old-school M9 frame before Beretta switched to the bigger dustcover.Those all-silver guns used a stainless steel extractor which can be unreliable.

Having owned two of those guns and seen both go TU for that reason, I'd personally advise any old-fashoned Inox pistol be used for safe queen duty only. The new model two-tone models with the black extractor and small parts are GTG, as are the Inox Elite ones with the same black extractor.

threedogdad
10-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Brand new. Wasnt't there last weekend. All the small parts are black and the dots on the sights are red.

GardoneVT
10-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Brand new. Wasnt't there last weekend. All the small parts are black and the dots on the sights are red.

Perhaps an M9 frame found its way onto the wrong finishing table? Functionally it wouldn't hurt, so long as its new I'd rock it ....yet, IMO, any Beretta fans here should wait for the new derivatives to be released. A G Model Brigadier won't hold much interest to the casual shooters gun companies typically market to. Time to put our money where our mouths have been for the last ten odd years, otherwise it is unlikely Beretta will ever stray from the tried and true legacy models again.

Suvorov
10-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Perhaps an M9 frame found its way onto the wrong finishing table? Functionally it wouldn't hurt, so long as its new I'd rock it ....yet, IMO, any Beretta fans here should wait for the new derivatives to be released. A G Model Brigadier won't hold much interest to the casual shooters gun companies typically market to. Time to put our money where our mouths have been for the last ten odd years, otherwise it is unlikely Beretta will ever stray from the tried and true legacy models again.

I can swear that I have seen this happen in the past few years. I know that the Maryland plant was pretty much devoted a few years back to turning out M9s to meet the DoD contracts so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are utilized left over M9 frames on civilian guns once the contract was complete.

FotoTomas
10-18-2014, 12:13 PM
I can swear that I have seen this happen in the past few years. I know that the Maryland plant was pretty much devoted a few years back to turning out M9s to meet the DoD contracts so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are utilized left over M9 frames on civilian guns once the contract was complete.

Or simply used the CNC machines to cut civilian frames in the M9 pattern to expedite manufacture of 9mm specific model runs. Most people will not be able to tell the difference.

JSGlock34
10-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Have we heard anything more about the appearance of the 92G Vertec at AUSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack
10-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Have we heard anything more about the appearance of the 92G Vertec at AUSA?

Okay, it's late and my mind is moving slow - what is "AUSA"?

Drang
10-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Okay, it's late and my mind is moving slow - what is "AUSA"?

I would guess it's a reference to the annual meeting of the Association of the US Army, when all the contractors and would be contractors show off their latest and greatest toys.

JSGlock34
10-22-2014, 05:48 AM
Yes, below was taken at the most recent Association of the United States Army meeting,

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10363116_1537694759795437_2468766100711452223_n.jp g?oh=9a3c9dec8f165ca2e7af8078a65fa17f&oe=54F3E5C9&__gda__=1420781553_3066482f5877084c9cdb88b77e3431d 7

FS00008
10-22-2014, 07:14 AM
Ooh, look what Josh at AGW went and did now!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=629357527185152&id=179750738812502&comment_id=629366040517634&offset=0&total_comments=2&notif_t=feed_comment

LittleLebowski
10-22-2014, 08:17 AM

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=629357527185152&id=179750738812502&comment_id=629366040517634&offset=0&total_comments=2¬if_t=feed_comment

Like.

GardoneVT
10-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Did anyone else notice the '92FS Vertec' next to the G?

Because I did. :-)

Jeep
10-22-2014, 11:56 AM

I certainly noticed as well. I take it that you are someone else who would be very interested in a Vertec with a safety?

okie john
10-22-2014, 12:16 PM

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=629357527185152&id=179750738812502&comment_id=629366040517634&offset=0&total_comments=2¬if_t=feed_comment

He is a very bad man.

Okie John

DGI
10-22-2014, 01:18 PM
word on the street is that Beretta will soon be offering NEW Brigadier pistols

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=111026

Get your orders in soon, limited supply of these suckers (if your interested).

Personally, I have enough "regular" brigadier slides to keep me company. I'd be tempted if it was a 92G Brigadier and then only if it had the standard square dust cover (rail or not).

hufnagel
10-22-2014, 02:27 PM
thanks. I need to join ANOTHER gun forum now. How many more until the black helicopters come for me? :D

FS00008
10-22-2014, 04:22 PM

Yep, but since I absolutely abhor the FS safety, I didn't really care about it :)

FS00008
10-22-2014, 04:23 PM
He is a very bad man.

Okie John

I am searching for a compact or centurion D slide so I can send him my type L now....

JSGlock34
10-22-2014, 06:08 PM
So, to recap...over the past few months Beretta USA has...

1) Released a run of standard 92Gs for commercial sales
2) Displayed the 92FS and 92G Vertec at AUSA
3) Apparently is releasing a run of 92FS Brigadiers (on standard frames)

and

4) Is releasing a limited special edition run of 92G Brigadiers (Possibly "Brigadier Tactical") as teased by GJM in this thread

Looks like a real change in trajectory for Beretta USA.

opmike
10-22-2014, 06:26 PM

and

4) Is releasing a limited special edition run of 92G Brigadiers (Possibly "Brigadier Tactical") as teased by GJM in this thread

This is my understanding.

However, there's quite a bit of confusion/conflation with items 3 and 4 on your list on various forums I've been following this on. It doesn't help when terms like "limited run" seem to apply to both of them.

will_1400
10-22-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm holding out hope for them bringing back the Vertec-G. I actually managed to fondle one at the LGS and that thing felt amazing. Couldn't shoot it since it was a rental, though. FWIW, I can shoot a stock 92FS nearly as well as I do a SIG (which is to say I shoot less like a bag of smashed ass) compared to Glocks and even *gasp* 1911s*.

*Note: going on a good balance of speed and accuracy when I say that. For me, my top 5 for accurate shooting at speed is SIG, Beretta, BHP, H&K and S&W.

ETA: please note I very likely (almost certainly) suck compared to most regular shooters here. I'm just reporting my own experiences with various manufacturers and I have an M&P9 FS that behaves itself in terms of accuracy (translated: I'm not at the stage where I can tell the difference between me and the gun) sitting on my hip as I type this.

Suvorov
10-23-2014, 01:01 AM
M9A1 Compact ordered! That will give me one more "slot" to use before Kalifornia closes the door on us for whatever other goodies Beretta come out with or a Sig MPX :P

Jared
10-23-2014, 05:04 PM

and

Regarding #3, I just saw FS Brigadiers on a distributor's online catalog. They are showing out of stock, same as they are the 92G's. The Brig's are pictured with wraparound finger groove grips.

GJM
10-23-2014, 06:18 PM
The Brig's are pictured with wraparound finger groove grips.

no doubt spec'd by someone important

Guinnessman
10-26-2014, 07:02 AM
Does anyone on the forum have any online recommendations for a Beretta Dealer? If you do send me a PM. I have always wanted a 92 and would like to shop around when these new models arrive.

hufnagel
10-26-2014, 08:50 AM
I know my dealer/ffl is connected to Lipsey's, so he just ordered mine through them. Fazi's on Saltsburg Rd is also listed as a Lipsey's dealer. Maybe check on Lipsey's site and see what comes up?

Jared
10-26-2014, 12:39 PM
The 92G is up on Beretta USA's page with all the other standard production full size pistols. Maybe it's going to be a regular catalog item and not just a limited run.

Kyle Reese
10-26-2014, 02:52 PM
The 92G is up on Beretta USA's page with all the other standard production full size pistols. Maybe it's going to be a regular catalog item and not just a limited run.
I hope so. They'll sell as many as they make.

JTQ
10-26-2014, 04:30 PM
That's great.

On the other hand, one thing I noticed about a week ago when cruising Beretta USA's site, is the only version of the PX4 listed is the F model. I didn't see any G or C models listed anymore.

LHS
10-27-2014, 02:00 AM

From your mouth to the gods' ears.

Magic_Salad0892
10-28-2014, 04:58 AM
I would love to see them bring the Vertec back as a standard production item. With or without rail. Or 92 Brigadier gun. It'd be great as a base gun.

JSGlock34
10-29-2014, 08:07 PM
November approaches fast...

GJM - if we can't get more details on the pistol...how about the accessories? What kind of magazines? Standard OEM 15 rounders? Sand-resistant M9A1 mags? Beretta 17 round mags? Mec-Gars?

GJM
10-29-2014, 08:28 PM
November approaches fast...

GJM - if we can't get more details on the pistol...how about the accessories? What kind of magazines? Standard OEM 15 rounders? Sand-resistant M9A1 mags? Beretta 17 round mags? Mec-Gars?

I have a gag order in place. As soon as that is lifted, I will be posting a photo and complete specs here.

WDW
10-29-2014, 08:32 PM
The 92G is for sale, & has been for some time, on Bud's site.

LHS
10-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Lipsey's is selling 92FS Brigadiers. They haven't got the right photo, but per my contact at BUSA, it is in fact a Brig.

HCM
11-01-2014, 04:47 AM
PSA has a Haloween sale on Italian police surplus 92S 's - this model has the slide mounted safety and the magazine release button at the butt of the grip. The current Beretta factory mags are still cut for both mag release locations.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18370/s/beretta-92s-italian-police-trade-in-s-9mm/?utm_source=PA-10+.308+Railed+Uppers%2C+Beretta+92s+Only+%24289.9 9+%26+More&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/gallery/id/18370/image/21672/

Stony Lane
11-03-2014, 07:22 PM
New Wilson Beretta now pictured on Beretta Forum.

orionz06
11-03-2014, 07:33 PM
New Wilson Beretta now pictured on Beretta Forum.

El Linko?

GJM
11-03-2014, 07:36 PM
El Linko?

It is here on PF in a separate thread.

Clobbersaurus
11-04-2014, 12:17 AM
GJM - Any rumor of a Centurion G from Beretta? If not, would Wilson do work on a Centurion (G conversion, etc)? I don't think I've seen a Wilson modified Centurion.

LHS
11-05-2014, 11:34 PM
GJM - Any rumor of a Centurion G from Beretta? If not, would Wilson do work on a Centurion (G conversion, etc)? I don't think I've seen a Wilson modified Centurion.

I have this faint, glorious hope that if this WC/Beretta sells like hotcakes, it could rekindle a Renaissance of the G. Imagine: Beretta 92G Elite Compacts... 92G Elite Centurions...

Clobbersaurus
11-06-2014, 12:14 AM
92g Elite Centurion....would buy in a heartbeat.

rauchman
11-06-2014, 10:04 AM

My dream Beretta!!!

Beat Trash
11-07-2014, 01:02 AM

Put me down for at lest two....

texag
11-07-2014, 10:46 PM
How does a 92 carry compared to say a g17 or a p30 for aiwb? I want a hammer fired da/sa gun to replace the g34 I'm currently carrying. I'm torn between a 92a1, a compact (do they make any with a dovetail front sight) and a cz pcr/p01.

Eta: I'd like a less obtrusive grip than a full-size glock, but have always tried to carry a full-size pistol if possible.

DGI
11-07-2014, 11:47 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn89/prez1967/Guns/6D964CAB-D9BE-40F8-AACE-5571108A6B54_zps9dnczqr7.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/prez1967/media/Guns/6D964CAB-D9BE-40F8-AACE-5571108A6B54_zps9dnczqr7.jpg.html)

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn89/prez1967/Guns/35C2E48A-1402-47D2-8C73-1E21C786ECB6_zps89emafny.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/prez1967/media/Guns/35C2E48A-1402-47D2-8C73-1E21C786ECB6_zps89emafny.jpg.html)

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn89/prez1967/Guns/10F94ED7-7D31-47A1-982A-6094B44FFC74_zpsm4rfhwtr.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/prez1967/media/Guns/10F94ED7-7D31-47A1-982A-6094B44FFC74_zpsm4rfhwtr.jpg.html)

I dig it. No issues with the right holster

GardoneVT
11-07-2014, 11:55 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn89/prez1967/Guns/6D964CAB-D9BE-40F8-AACE-5571108A6B54_zps9dnczqr7.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/prez1967/media/Guns/6D964CAB-D9BE-40F8-AACE-5571108A6B54_zps9dnczqr7.jpg.html)

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn89/prez1967/Guns/35C2E48A-1402-47D2-8C73-1E21C786ECB6_zps89emafny.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/prez1967/media/Guns/35C2E48A-1402-47D2-8C73-1E21C786ECB6_zps89emafny.jpg.html)

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn89/prez1967/Guns/10F94ED7-7D31-47A1-982A-6094B44FFC74_zpsm4rfhwtr.jpg (http://s302.photobucket.com/user/prez1967/media/Guns/10F94ED7-7D31-47A1-982A-6094B44FFC74_zpsm4rfhwtr.jpg.html)

I dig it. No issues with the right holster

Looks like Sgt Riggs finally got a holster.;)

Goes to show how vital body type is . I can't even make IWB appendix work for the same pistol without a holster.

hufnagel
11-08-2014, 08:10 AM
agreed. I have too much "overhang" above the belt. Hopefully to be corrected soon.

fixer
11-08-2014, 10:56 AM
How does a 92 carry compared to say a g17 or a p30 for aiwb? I want a hammer fired da/sa gun to replace the g34 I'm currently carrying. I'm torn between a 92a1, a compact (do they make any with a dovetail front sight) and a cz pcr/p01.

Eta: I'd like a less obtrusive grip than a full-size glock, but have always tried to carry a full-size pistol if possible.

I've carried the 92 for about a year and a half consistently and found it astonishingly easy to conceal. With the stock mags, the grip is noticeably shorter than the g17. It is longer than the G19 but not by a substantial amount in my opinion. With mecgar mags, flush base plate, the grip is even more concealable.

The length never bothered me. I even jogged frequently with the pistol and it never bothered me. Same for the weight.

Ironically the only reason I switched back to a mid size glock is because the new suv I have has seats substantially smaller than my previous vehicle and the 92 was starting to chew up the seats. If not for this, I'd still be carrying the 92.

and yeah I found the 92 more concealable than the p30.

JTQ
11-08-2014, 05:02 PM
I've carried the 92 for about a year and a half consistently and found it astonishingly easy to conceal. With the stock mags, the grip is noticeably shorter than the g17. It is longer than the G19 but not by a substantial amount in my opinion. With mecgar mags, flush base plate, the grip is even more concealable.

The length never bothered me. I even jogged frequently with the pistol and it never bothered me. Same for the weight.

Ironically the only reason I switched back to a mid size glock is because the new suv I have has seats substantially smaller than my previous vehicle and the 92 was starting to chew up the seats. If not for this, I'd still be carrying the 92.

and yeah I found the 92 more concealable than the p30.
I started looking back to see if you mentioned what you were carrying your Beretta 92 in, but after three pages I figured it was just easier to ask - what holster and position were you using for your Beretta 92?

Clobbersaurus
11-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm looking at buying one of these to satisfy my lust for a Brigadier.
http://www.leverarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/i/girsan-yavus-16-bw-600.png
These Turkish 92F copies can be had for about $450 CAN and are apparently made of Beretta supplied tooling. I had a look at one at a local shop and they are nicely executed. The stupid finger grooves didn't bother me. The grips were quite thin, which was nice. Trigger was okay. The come with two Mec Gar Mags. No plastic small parts. Brigadier's are rarer than hens teeth up here, so options are slim.

LHS
11-08-2014, 07:51 PM

There were apparently a rare (like, hen's-teeth rare) few 92 Vertec Compact slides produced with a dovetail front sight, but otherwise they're all fixed front sights on the Compacts and Centurions.

Clobbersaurus
11-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Just noticed in my post above, I said Brigadier. I meant to say Centurion.

fixer
11-08-2014, 11:24 PM
I started looking back to see if you mentioned what you were carrying your Beretta 92 in, but after three pages I figured it was just easier to ask - what holster and position were you using for your Beretta 92?

comp-tac infidel, 3:00-3:30.

try it...you'll be astonished.

GJM
11-09-2014, 06:59 AM
There were apparently a rare (like, hen's-teeth rare) few 92 Vertec Compact slides produced with a dovetail front sight, but otherwise they're all fixed front sights on the Compacts and Centurions.

Bill Wilson is very fond of the Centurion, it will be very interesting to see what 2015 brings.

texag
11-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm 5'11" 155lbs, so grip length is a big deal for me. A full-size glock is right at my limit without wardrobe changes.

GJM: from the recent holster posts, it seems we might have similar body types. Any input on the concealability of a beretta vs g17 and p30 when carried aiwb?

Also, assuming I buy a beretta, any thoughts on going 92a1 so I can easily get decent sights and spring for a g conversion later?

Beat Trash
11-09-2014, 11:15 AM
If 2015 brings back the Centurion, especially with dovetailed front sights, I'll buy two of them to start!

JTQ
11-09-2014, 12:09 PM
comp-tac infidel, 3:00-3:30.

Thanks.

GJM
11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm 5'11" 155lbs, so grip length is a big deal for me. A full-size glock is right at my limit without wardrobe changes.

GJM: from the recent holster posts, it seems we might have similar body types. Any input on the concealability of a beretta vs g17 and p30 when carried aiwb?

Also, assuming I buy a beretta, any thoughts on going 92a1 so I can easily get decent sights and spring for a g conversion later?

Since the Trijicon HD sights for the 92A1 won't regulate, I don't think the oddness of the 92A1 makes it better than another 92 variant.

Don't have a P30 handy, but here is a G17, Beretta 92 and P2000:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/pistolcomp_zps013c2570.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/pistolcomp_zps013c2570.jpg.html)

YVK
11-09-2014, 09:58 PM

Concealable: P30>B92>G17.
Comfortable: P30>G17>B92.

P30 and 92 have, for my hands, an ideal full size length grip where it is just long for no pinch during reload, but it is not a bit longer than that. G17 is a tiny bit longer, and stick a bit out for me.
4.7/4.9 Beretta barrel just too long for comfortable appendix carry. That 92G dovetailed Centurion will sell like crazy.

imp1295
11-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Not to start a derailment.

Interesting how we are all different. With the B92, the interesting part is not the overall grip length. But, the grip length from the bottom of the trigger guard to the mag baseplate. In that, in a JMCK I conceal the full size B92 better than I do a P30 in a JMCK with similar specs. I experience less printing from the butt of the pistol with the B92 and it's comparable to a G19 in conceal ability.

Works for me. It's what I'm issued and have to conceal in doughs anyways.

GJM
11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
The two manufacturers list the height of both the P30 and G17 as 5.43 inches, so I wonder if holster choice is influencing your perception of concealibility?

YVK
11-09-2014, 11:12 PM
The two manufacturers list the height of both the P30 and G17 as 5.43 inches, so I wonder if holster choice is influencing your perception of concealibility?

Too tired to write a cohesive response, but if both are of equal height and P30 has a taller slide then 17 has to have a longer grip. The question that becomes how one positions a specific gun on a body etc etc etc.

LHS
11-10-2014, 12:45 AM
Bill Wilson is very fond of the Centurion, it will be very interesting to see what 2015 brings.

I know a lot of folks like the Centurion (much like the Commander), but I never did. I'd much rather have a full-length slide on a compact frame, which isn't really do-able on a 92. That said, if Beretta/WC re-introduces the Centurion with a Vertec G slide... I'll have one. If nothing else, I'll put the slide on one of my Compact frames.

jc000
11-10-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm considering trading my sole EDC P2000 for a Beretta 92 Compact because... metal frame? Italy???

I like the nose-heavy weight of the 92 (full-size) and in my limited experience with them, have shot them well. The HK feels a little snappy and plasticy, but sure has been pretty dang reliable. My main concern is durability and reliability. For those that have owned both, is the P2000 still the safer bet?

Long term plan is to either buy another P2000, or dump the one I have for two 92 Compacts.

Lon
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM
I'd much rather have a full-length slide on a compact frame, which isn't really do-able on a 92.

I've been told you can and that you can't. I decided to try it. Dropped a Vertec slide on a M9A1 Compact frame. It's got a slight gap in front of dust cover, but haven't had a single issue reliability wise in 500 rds. Gonna put 1000 rds through it to see if there's any unusual wear to worry about. So far so good.

GJM
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
The issue is the internal rail dimension -- think I have previously posted a picture, but this thread has gotten long!

Centurion and Compact pieces share the same dimension, and it is different than the full size. Might function, but isn't the factory spec.

Lon
11-10-2014, 10:30 PM
At tonight's match I shot my M9A1 Compact with the compact slide instead of the Vertec. I think I like the recoil impulse and tracking better with the Compact slide. If Beretta would just make a Compact slide with front dovetails and front serrations I'd be a happy man.

Lon
11-12-2014, 07:30 PM
This Beretta thing is getting out of hand. I just scored an Elite II for $850 shipped with 3 mags and a WC holster.

YVK
11-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Damn. Best deal of a year. New?

Lon
11-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Damn. Best deal of a year. New?

Nope. Low round count though. @1K

hufnagel
11-13-2014, 06:54 AM
if your ears are ringing this morning, it's because I'm cursing your name :D

Nice grab.

DGI
11-13-2014, 03:25 PM
This Beretta thing is getting out of hand. I just scored an Elite II for $850 shipped with 3 mags and a WC holster.

Just ran across the add on AR15.com. HOLY COW SIR!!!

Buy a lottery ticket...

Lon
11-13-2014, 04:23 PM
The guy with a really good deal posted in a thread I have over on a BF.com. Unfired EII for $650.

LockedBreech
11-13-2014, 05:08 PM
The guy with a really good deal posted in a thread I have over on a BF.com. Unfired EII for $650.

This world taunts me.

Clobbersaurus
11-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Gentlemen, I'm prepping a Wolf spring order and have a few questions:

1) What weight is the D spring (Wolf just lists weight for their hammer springs) - 16lbs?
2) Do Elite II's come standard with 13lb recoil springs?
3) Is the Wolf trigger conversion unit worth the cash?

Cheers,
Clobb

YVK
11-16-2014, 07:11 PM
1. Never been able to verify from objective source, but my understanding is that it is 16 lbs.
2. Yes, 13. Many competition shooters run lower rate springs.
3. Difference of opinions. I don't care for them and prefer to change a regular spring at 5K or so.

Clobbersaurus
11-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Thank you YVK.

Sal Picante
11-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Yes, 13. Many competition shooters run lower rate springs...

You can run a really low weight spring! I used to run 8# with some coils clipped to get that perfect sight tracking... That was my competition gun, not the practice gun (9 or 10# springs on that...)

Up1911Fan
11-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Safariland ALS holster's will fit a 92A1? Also, for anyone who's carried one plus a Glock AIWB, does it carry more like a G19 or G19? Thanks.

Lon
11-19-2014, 07:22 PM
They will not. I have one for a standard 92/M9A1. Wouldn't fit.

GJM
11-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Safariland ALS holster's will fit a 92A1? Also, for anyone who's carried one plus a Glock AIWB, does it carry more like a G19 or G19? Thanks.

It carries like a 17, just heavier. My understanding is that Bill Rogers is just finishing up a new 7000 series ALS holster to fit the railed 92 pistols. Which railed models is TBD. I just checked Holsterops.com, his website, and it isn't listed yet.

JSGlock34
11-25-2014, 08:25 PM
If anyone is looking for Beretta accessories, Beretta USA (http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/) is running a pretty decent Black Friday sale - 25% off and free shipping (which also stacks with their Facebook 10% off coupon code). I ordered a steel trigger for my M9, among other things.

LockedBreech
11-25-2014, 09:51 PM
If anyone is looking for Beretta accessories, Beretta USA (http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/) is running a pretty decent Black Friday sale - 25% off and free shipping (which also stacks with their Facebook 10% off coupon code). I ordered a steel trigger for my M9, among other things.
Good man, thanks

JSGlock34
11-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Deal has gotten even better - now Beretta is tossing in a $50 gift card if you spend $200 or more...heh, they're calling it 'Bruniton Friday (http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/)'.

DGI
11-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Figures... May have to order another 22lr practice kit ;-)

JSGlock34
11-27-2014, 01:49 PM
That was my first thought as well, but the practice kits are out of stock. Oh well...

DGI
11-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Good thing I ordered two last week ;-)

Guinnessman
11-27-2014, 08:19 PM
What magazines do you all prefer in your Berettas? I am going to buy some magazines now in preparation for when I finally buy a Beretta.

Trooper224
11-27-2014, 09:16 PM
What magazines do you all prefer in your Berettas? I am going to buy some magazines now in preparation for when I finally buy a Beretta.

18 round MecGar's.

JSGlock34
11-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I've accumulated a surprising variety of magazines for my two Berettas (an M9 and a recently acquired Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G). Most are Beretta OEM, including the standard 15 round magazine (which came with the M9), the 15 round sand resistant PVD magazine (three came with the WC pistol; they are standard for the M9A1). and the 17 round magazine (standard on the 92A1). I've had no problems with these magazines and would recommend any of the Beretta OEM magazines. For whatever reason, I've consistently found the best deals on the 17 round magazines. I'm not sure I would've paid the premium for the PVD sand resistant magazines, but the three that came with the WC have functioned perfectly. I don't think there is a 'wrong choice' among the Beretta branded magazines.

My favorite magazines are the Mec-Gar branded 18 round magazines, which I prefer to use when I'm carrying a Beretta (which hasn't been often but is sure to increase now that I've acquired the Wilson 92G). My understanding is that Mec-Gar has produced magazines for Beretta, so the quality is equal to the OEM magazines above.

Of my non-OEM magazines, I acquired four new Checkmate manufactured magazines in a trade when I purchased my M9. I've had no problems with them, but I see no reason to choose them over the other high quality magazines I own, and consider them range magazines only.

Jared
11-29-2014, 05:20 AM
BUSA is showing the 22LR practice kit as in stock again now. 25% off sale is still going. I ordered.

Interesting data point (for me anyway). I got a hold of a current manufacture 92 Brigadier and tested it in the the holsters I have on hand. It fits in the Blade-Tech 92a1 holster I use for USPSA. It fits in the Dark Star gear OWB holster that I have (also made to fit a 92a1). It fits in my Dark Star AIWB (made for 92a1). It did not go into a JM Custom IWB version 2 that was made for a 92a1, but I also didn't try loosening the retention screw, as I didn't want to mess with the fit on my carry Beretta.

I'd say, cautiously, that if a person wanted a holster that would accept all 92 variants, getting one made to fit a 92a1 seems like a pretty safe bet. When I ordered my Dark Star Gear holsters, the initial order was for 92a1 holsters, but after some experimenting (on the makers side, not mine) I wound up with holsters that give a very nice fit on every single Beretta I've ever tried to put in there.

GJM
11-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Having adjustable tension screws (Stoeger pro shop) helps in having the same holster work with different models.

FotoTomas
11-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Kicking my Beretta love into high gear...this "Bruniton Friday" I took possession of a Like new unfired M9 Commercial and a M9A1 also in like new unfired condition. $900 out the door at a local gun shop in Daytona Beach. Put a Like New Unfired 92FS VerTec on Layaway from the same shop. I did not buy it immediatly since I had just picked up a 92D with straight dust cover in almost like new but fired condition wearing a set of CTC Laser grips for $450 from a private sale. Ran out of all my fun gun money. The Wilson Combat Brigadier will just have to wait till I sell the SIG 229, pick up the VerTec and then work more OT. :)

Clobbersaurus
11-30-2014, 10:59 AM
I tried Bill Wilson's "Virtual" trigger job on my Elite II the other day. I do think it helped to smooth out the SA pull.

roblund
11-30-2014, 08:24 PM
After seeing Jerry Jones's post (http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=12685) about the Beretta 92G coming back, and looking over the WC Brig thread here, I decided to special order a (standard) 92G for myself. Picked it up yesterday, and it shoots nice. I only put a single box through it since we were in a genuine Montana snowstorm. Happy to join club Beretta.

WobblyPossum
11-30-2014, 08:28 PM
It's ridiculous how excited I am about the 92G Vertec reportedly coming back next year. I'll probably buy two, and if they release a 92G compact, I'll probably buy two of those as well.

JSGlock34
11-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Good god, the BUSA sale is now 40% off + free shipping and the coupon codes still stack (+$50 gift card over $200). Couldn't help myself - more mags inbound...

WobblyPossum
12-11-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm seeing reports online of dealers getting Inox Vertec models in but they all seem to be the FS variant. Has anyone heard any updates about G Vertecs being released? I remember seeing the photo from the AUSA show of FS and G Vertecs but that's the last I heard of it.

Suvorov
12-11-2014, 05:48 PM
I am really hoping BUSA renews the Vertec on the California DOJ roster. If it drops off there goes my likely chance of getting one as long as I live under this Godless regime. Wouldn't you know it, no sooner than BUSA starts listening to it customers the hammer falls on us behind the redwood curtain. At least I was able to get a M9A1 compact before end of year and there is always Wilson Custom.

GJM
12-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Bill Wilson is visiting. He has trick stuff on his Brig Tactical -- the new Wilson trigger bar and prototype grips. The trigger is killer and the new part has a number of technical advantages, like allowing the SA and DA to release at the same spot. The grips are the best I have felt on a 92 and make it feel more like a 1911. They are very thin at the top. Also checkered all the way to the top. Both trigger bar and grips are about 3-4 weeks from being in stock for purchase.

I reciprocated by showing him my Glock 17. :)

Up1911Fan
12-12-2014, 10:23 AM
I like the sound of the trigger bar and grips.

David B.
12-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Bill Wilson is visiting. He has trick stuff on his Brig Tactical -- the new Wilson trigger bar and prototype grips. The trigger is killer and the new part has a number of technical advantages, like allowing the SA and DA to release at the same spot. The grips are the best I have felt on a 92 and make it feel more like a 1911. They are very thin at the top. Also checkered all the way to the top. Both trigger bar and grips are about 3-4 weeks from being in stock for purchase.

I feel my heart starting to pump more vigorously.

This sounds very exciting.

God Bless,
David

Dave J
12-12-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm hoping the words, "WC Langdon Special" come up in conversation at some point.

HCM
12-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm hoping the words, "WC Langdon Special" come up in conversation at some point.

They have Ken Hackathorn signature model 1911s so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.

LHS
12-12-2014, 02:18 PM
A Wilson trigger bar, you say? Very interesting.

TCinVA
12-12-2014, 04:51 PM

I reciprocated by showing him my Glock 17. :)

Very interesting...

Jeep
12-12-2014, 06:33 PM
GJM: Please keep us updated on the new trigger bar if you get a chance. It sounds very interesting.

Clobbersaurus
12-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Great news on the grips. Trigger bar sounds interesting.

Just received my Wolff spring order. Once I get through the last bit of a case of ammo with primers seemingly made of adamantium, a 13 pound hammer spring is going in.

GJM
12-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Very interesting...

GJM: Please keep us updated on the new trigger bar if you get a chance. It sounds very interesting.

Great news on the grips. Trigger bar sounds interesting.

Just received my Wolff spring order. Once I get through the last bit of a case of ammo with primers seemingly made of adamantium, a 13 pound hammer spring is going in.

Per Bill, these are the technical advantages of the new trigger bar. Properly heat treated for a long term, durable, trigger job. Front of the trigger bar incorporates an over travel stop. Rear of the trigger bar allows fitting so DA and SA have equal amounts of travel, as opposed to some OEM trigger bars that allow the DA to have less travel than DA, necessitating a heavier spring for ignition reliability.

I watched him put 600 rounds down range today, through a Brig Tac with the new trigger bar and grips, during our extended range session.

Clobbersaurus
12-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Ok, I'm sold on the trigger bar. Is the fitting something that can be done without the need for a smith?

YVK
12-13-2014, 01:19 AM
Ok, I'm sold on the trigger bar. Is the fitting something that can be done without the need for a smith?

I may try it myself on my games gun, but for carry it will go to a smith.

Edwin
12-13-2014, 02:18 AM
I hope it's available for WC to put it in when I order mine.

GJM
12-13-2014, 10:37 AM

Bill W says it will require fitting. They hoped it would be drop in, but there is enough variation in individual frames and hammers, it wasn't possible.

HCM
12-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Can anyone recommend an online how to video detailing installation of the D mainspring?

GJM
12-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Take the grips off, use a punch to push out the pin retaining the bottom cap/lanyard that contains the D spring. Then install the new D spring, like standard one came out. Pish the retaining pin in. Replace grips. Done.

Dave J
12-14-2014, 07:20 PM
At risk of stating the obvious, if you push in slightly on the mainspring cap, it takes the tension off the retaining pin, making the R&R described above easier.

Clobbersaurus
12-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Just finished the 2000 round challenge with my Elite II, pics in the other thread but Coles notes:

Stoppages: 8 - failures of slide to lock due to improper grip.
Malfunctions: 3** - failures to feed when loading first round into the gun. All failures attributed to old factory mags, problems stopped with new Mec Gar mags.

HCM
12-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Take the grips off, use a punch to push out the pin retaining the bottom cap/lanyard that contains the D spring. Then install the new D spring, like standard one came out. Pish the retaining pin in. Replace grips. Done.

Thanks

Suvorov
12-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks

There are also several YouTube videos showing how it is done.

JSGlock34
12-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Curious to hear (no, not really, see is what I actually mean) more about these grips...

GJM
12-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Curious to hear (no, not really, see is what I actually mean) more about these grips...

Bill has three or four different pairs of prototypes, running them to settle on a final configuration. LHS shot them today, too.

opmike
12-14-2014, 11:56 PM
I hope they're grippy; there's no shortage of Beretta grips on the market that favor "aesthetics" more than the former.

Edwin
12-15-2014, 02:51 AM
Are they thinner, same as or bigger than the standard grips? I need something bigger.

JTQ
12-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Are they thinner, same as or bigger than the standard grips? I need something bigger.

GJM wrote,
The grips are the best I have felt on a 92 and make it feel more like a 1911.

I would suspect they are slimmer. If you need thicker grips for a Beretta 92, I suspect you are an outlier. Folks have been trying to get slimmer grips on the Beretta 92 since the gun was introduced. While most of the controls are reachable, the grip of the Beretta 92 is one of the thickest around.

GJM
12-15-2014, 08:11 AM
The prototype grips are very grippy, with texture that goes the full surface of the grips. They are fairly conventional in thickness at the bottom, but almost paper thin at the top.

JSGlock34
12-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Sigh. And here I am still getting accustomed to the G10 grips that came on the WC 92...

GJM
12-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Sigh. And here I am still getting accustomed to the G10 grips that came on the WC 92...

I would just accept you will have $79 or so less money in your gun fund in a month or two. These grips are hit it out of the park better.

LHS
12-15-2014, 10:31 AM
For people with small hands, the new grips will be a godsend. It almost felt like shooting a 92 without grips at all. Not my cup of tea, what with my Truckasaurus paws, but a lot of folks will love them. They're grippy all over, and I found myself liking them better than the VZ grips but not as much as the old LG-302s. I think Bill's knocked this one out of the park.

The new trigger bar is very interesting. My old Langdon-tuned Elite had the best Beretta trigger I'd ever felt prior to yesterday. The new Wilson trigger bar (and the lighter spring enabled by it) made it feel almost like a toy, the DA pull was so light and smooth. It's enough that I'm holding off on sending in a 92 to WC until that trigger bar's available.

Suvorov
12-15-2014, 02:24 PM
I would just accept you will have $79 or so less money in your gun fund in a month or two. These grips are hit it out of the park better.

Will these newfangled grips be available for the compact as well?

I see myself sending one of my 92s to Wilson next year.......

45dotACP
12-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Will these newfangled grips be available for the compact as well?

I see myself sending one of my 92s to Wilson next year.......

My question as well. The compact is a nice gun, but for me the thickness of the grip is a tough pill...But so far, I've tried to alleviate it with a short reach trigger and an extended mag catch.

Clobbersaurus
12-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Just installed a 13 pound main (hammer) spring. Wow, trigger pull is noticeably lighter. I hope it's reliable with AE.

Also replaced the trigger spring and recoil spring. The old recoil spring is much shorter when compared to the new Wolff one.

45dotACP
12-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Just installed a 13 pound main (hammer) spring. Wow, trigger pull is noticeably lighter. I hope it's reliable with AE.

Also replaced the trigger spring and recoil spring. The old recoil spring is much shorter when compared to the new Wolff one.

Is that the same as the "D" model spring? Because if so, my experience has been that it cracks any and all primer I've used...CCI, crappy russian stuff, and Winchester

TCinVA
12-17-2014, 05:58 PM
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta-usa-presents-next-generation-handgun-to-the-department-of-defense/

Say hello to the M9A3.

EVP
12-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Man I have been holding off the urge to buy a Beretta but in 2015 I might just have to give in. The m9a3 looks nice! It looks long in the grip in the way the fullsize hk45 does.

45dotACP
12-17-2014, 06:18 PM
How's that phrase go? Shut up and take my money?

It appears I'll be working some overtime. My compact needs a big brother...

JSGlock34
12-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Wow, very interesting. Looks like more than a little Vertec in there. Smart play by Beretta USA too.

ETA: Did we skip over the M9A2 when I wasn't looking?