Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    This is going a bit off topic here, but I think the P365x is in a whole different class in terms of capacity and shoot ability for its size. I consider a 365x to be 85% of a Glock 19 whereas the 43 is more like 60%.
    I think this is an important point especially when you think about the 43. For me the 43 is a j-frame replacement type of gun. If I start comparing it to G19 (or even a 26) - I start getting disappointed in what those larger guns offer vs. what the 43 offers. However, there are circumstances I need or want that 43/j-frame gun and I am willing to accept those trade offs. The problem starts when you get into guns that are between them like the Shield Plus, 365XL, G48, G43X - am I trying to get a smaller G19 or a slightly larger more capable 43? At that point - prioritization of what is most important to you is going to be very important. I think psychologically, we are always trying to get a smaller G19 and there are a lot of options there.

I always want an option in my safe of the "smallest gun I can carry anywhere at anytime". At this time, the G43 falls into that niche. Its not a compact gun replacement. Its a j-frame replacement.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 08-17-2023 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    G43 falls into that niche. Its not a compact gun replacement. Its a j-frame replacement.
    or Colt D frame, 100% in my case
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I think this is an important point especially when you think about the 43. For me the 43 is a j-frame replacement type of gun. If I start comparing it to G19 (or even a 26) - I start getting disappointed in what those larger guns offer vs. what the 43 offers. However, there are circumstances I need or want that 43/j-frame gun and I am willing to accept those trade offs. The problem starts when you get into guns that are between them like the Shield Plus, 365XL, G48, G43X - am I trying to get a smaller G19 or a slightly larger more capable 43? At that point - prioritization of what is most important to you is going to be very important. I think psychologically, we are always trying to get a smaller G19 and there are a lot of options there.

I always want an option in my safe of the "smallest gun I can carry anywhere at anytime". At this time, the G43 falls into that niche. Its not a compact gun replacement. Its a j-frame replacement.
    100%

I pocket carried a 642 with the small Crimson Trace grips for a couple years. It wasn’t bad and I could perform well with the laser on speed and 25yd accuracy. The irons were a different story. Mine were apparently clocked off a couple degrees. The 43 for me replaces the J frame with the added benefits of caliber commonality and better sights.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quoting myself from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I really liked my G43, combined with a TLR-6 it was a "good enough" item and shot very well. Like others have said, it wasn't the most enjoyable/easiest shooter but was quite accurate and workable.

My father in law has it now. For a variety of reasons I decided the G42 did everything the G43 did in a smaller package and he didn't have a subcompact in his inventory.

I do mildly miss the G43 and I had no issues with it; preferences just changed.
    If I were to come across a good deal on a G43, new or used, I would probably pick it up just for the S&G factor. Since my wife gave up her G42 I have been really impressed with it. Should note that I’m primarily toting my LCRs around but the G43 is a solid option and both DSG and Tenicor holsters made carrying very comfortable.

I don’t know if I would ever want to pocket it, but I also haven’t played with many G42/G43 class pocket holsters. Just more inclined to toss a DAO in the pocket.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Quoting myself from another thread.

If I were to come across a good deal on a G43, new or used, I would probably pick it up just for the S&G factor. Since my wife gave up her G42 I have been really impressed with it. Should note that I’m primarily toting my LCRs around but the G43 is a solid option and both DSG and Tenicor holsters made carrying very comfortable.

I don’t know if I would ever want to pocket it, but I also haven’t played with many G42/G43 class pocket holsters. Just more inclined to toss a DAO in the pocket.
    Everyday dedicated pocket carry is where the gun probably doesn't shine its brightest. A snubby probably snags less and is easier to draw. I'm not in the pocket carry camp on a regular basis so I can't speak to those particulars well. In the rare case I need that capability, its a fall or winter coat situation and it can be done with a G43 even if its not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    The early guns did have some feed problems.One of Glocks' fixes was the 02 magazine.It has a much stronger spring.
    I would get a new 02 and try it.
    All new mags being sold now are 02.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    @rainman

Not sure, but Glock may exchange the old mags for new ones if you contact them. Worth a phone call or email, probably.
    Thank you both for the advice!

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Thank you both for the advice!

-Rainman
    There's a WARRANTY FORM you can download on the FAQ's page. They'll do a one for one exchange for the newest iteration.

https://us.glock.com/en/FAQs
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

Took some photos today of my 43 as it currently sits.

Gets carried a lot in the summer. Some minor surface rust. The finish doesn't seem as good as some of my other Glocks.

Name:  20230818_100438.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  36.1 KBName:  20230818_100450.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  60.0 KBName:  20230818_100358.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  59.8 KBName:  20230818_100314.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  21.8 KBName:  20230818_100325.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  96.5 KBName:  20230818_100305.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  48.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    There's a WARRANTY FORM you can download on the FAQ's page. They'll do a one for one exchange for the newest iteration.

https://us.glock.com/en/FAQs
    This (and other replies) are why I hang out on PF rather than in "front of the drugstore" (a la Cheech & Chong / Sister Mary Elephant)!

Mags will be off to GI today.

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Took some photos today of my 43 as it currently sits.

Gets carried a lot in the summer. Some minor surface rust. The finish doesn't seem as good as some of my other Glocks.
    Which baseplate is that?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List