Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 in 2023

Timely thread as I had mine at the range a few days ago.

My experience with the G43 hasn't been nearly as positive as others. My particular piece was purchased in September 2018 and I'm currently at 800 rounds down range. I don't find it particularly accurate or easy to shoot. I have had numerous malfunctions, mainly failure to lock the slide after the last shot, but also several failures to feed Federal HST 147. One of the older/longer running G43 threads did make some mention of an agency (or agencies) that only approved a specific brand/weight of ammunition (115 or 124 - can't remember), and there might have been something about +P as well. I keep telling myself the failure to lock the slide is likely grip (depressing the slide stop?), but it occasionally happens when shooting one-handed. Others have said they've deliberately tried to limp-wrist them to induce a malfunction - I don't have to try.

I keep pulling this one out every few months and trying to like it, but it doesn't hold a candle to my many other Glocks. Not sure if I got a lemon or...???. Again, I recognize that my experience is substantially different from others. YMMV.

-Rainman

@rainman check that your mags are marked 02. If they are not that might be your problem.

I’ve had my 43 since 2015, bought it blue label. Put a set of Trijicon HD’s on it, have +1 and +2 mags as well as a couple SA 9 round mags. I still carry it a lot in the summer, I’ve always found it to be very shootable and a great little self-defense gun. Also have a couple 48’s, I carry them more then the 43 but the 43 is a great gun to own it fills a role.

I asked a similar question in this thread a few days ago. I’ve decided, when I get time, a 43 will be my next purchase. I’m one of those people that is carrying a 48 as my full-size gun. I carried a 1911 for awhile so the extra rounds feel like a bonus. I originally switched to the 48 to help with my back issues. Over time I decided that I really like it. I can shoot real full-size pistols a lot faster but I’m good enough with the 48 to be happy. The thinness and little bit of weight savings makes a difference for me for carry.

I need a tiny 9 in my life and a 43 seems like a natural progression. As I stated in the other thread, if Glock would make the 43 compatible with 43x/48 magazines they would have an absolute winner on their hands. It really doesn’t make sense that they haven’t done that. It would sure make my life easier.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I asked a similar question in this thread a few days ago. I’ve decided, when I get time, a 43 will be my next purchase. I’m one of those people that is carrying a 48 as my full-size gun. I carried a 1911 for awhile so the extra rounds feel like a bonus. I originally switched to the 48 to help with my back issues. Over time I decided that I really like it. I can shoot real full-size pistols a lot faster but I’m good enough with the 48 to be happy. The thinness and little bit of weight savings makes a difference for me for carry.

I need a tiny 9 in my life and a 43 seems like a natural progression. As I stated in the other thread, if Glock would make the 43 compatible with 43x/48 magazines they would have an absolute winner on their hands. It really doesn’t make sense that they haven’t done that. It would sure make my life easier.
    I'm sure they are hesitant to change the 43 since it wouldn't be backwards compatible. Reminds me of the 229 changing to the slightly larger .40 frame.

The 43 is quite a capable little gun. At 6’4” 300 lbs. I can hide anything. Being recently retired I find myself with my 43,a j frame or my S&W Shield. I do not feel under gunned with any of them. I carry the 43 more these days, I can keep 6-8 rounds in an eight inch circle at 50 yards so I feel confident with it. I got 2650 rds through it about 500 of those are 124 gr +p GD. Had a small issue with the TTI extensions but that has been resolved. It sits in a Fanny pack most of the the time as I’m in gym attire more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @rainman check that your mags are marked 02. If they are not that might be your problem.
    Thank you for the tip sir.

Just checked the 3 mags I used this weekend. All have a '1' follower and the back of the bodies near the baseplate have

I've never heard of G43mag issues, but it would be great if the fix really is as simple as new mags.

-Rainman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post

Shield Arms has their chopped G43x and they make a 10 round magazine for it.

--Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Thank you for the tip sir.

Just checked the 3 mags I used this weekend. All have a '1' follower and the back of the bodies near the baseplate have

I've never heard of G43mag issues, but it would be great if the fix really is as simple as new mags.

-Rainman
    The early guns did have some feed problems.One of Glocks' fixes was the 02 magazine.It has a much stronger spring.
    I would get a new 02 and try it.
    All new mags being sold now are 02.

@rainman

Not sure, but Glock may exchange the old mags for new ones if you contact them. Worth a phone call or email, probably.

User Tag List