Page 58 of 145 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Site Supporter
    Well, I think suprisingly Kathleen Parker who is a Washington Post Pulitzer Prize winning columnist has it correct in the end of her new column: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...rs-ar15-rifle/

We must safeguard our schools from predators

I realize I’m treading into a minefield, but like you, I can’t stand it anymore. I can’t stand the mass murder of children, of teachers, and movie- and concertgoers, of grocery shoppers, gay nightclubbers, and church and temple worshipers. My God. Have I left anyone out?

Adding to the trauma, we have learned that more of Uvalde’s children might have survived if police had acted sooner. Instead of confronting the gunman, police forces waited an hour, thinking that the situation was contained, they have explained. It was contained, all right. Two classrooms contained a crazed high school dropout wearing a tactical vest and toting an AR-15-style rifle, or “America’s Rifle,” as the NRA put it in a January 2016 blog post.

We can’t protect every building or every venue with concertina wire and sharpshooters. Nor can we ensure that 100 percent of gun owners are of sane mind. But the very least we can do is make sure every school in this country is safe from predators, no matter the cost. And, yes, train and arm the teachers who are willing. No more fooling around.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Holy shit. Entire story from link quotes, ain’t much.

https://abc13.com/uvalde-police-scho...-pro/11913010/
    Pardon my French but what in the actual fuck?!. How is it possible for the local PD to not cooperate with DPS? I mean, how do they have a choice? @HCM?

Active shooter/gun vs edged weapons.

If the shooter had gotten into the same classroom and locked the door and all he had was edged weapons would the outcome have been any different? Assuming everything else was the same (no breaching tools, no readily available key). If it took law enforcement even just 5 minutes to gain entry he could have killed a lot of children. Give him 15 minutes and they are all dead. Without gunfire to give himself away he would have had a big head start before the first 911 call even went out. There has to be a way to clean up this vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Pardon my French but what in the actual fuck?!. How is it possible for the local PD to not cooperate with DPS? I mean, how do they have a choice? @HCM?
    They’re doubling down. In their position, or at least Arredondo’s, I’d be considering seppuku, but morals differ.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    thx for sharing that, vintage Paul telling it like it is but no surprise here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They’re doubling down. In their position, or at least Arredondo’s, I’d be considering seppuku, but morals differ.
    I cannot begin to imagine the guilt some people must be feeling right now, even those who did everything right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Great mindset at all but you can tell he made this video based on preliminary and unverified info simply because he was pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...SAEN_210Report

Lawyer: Uvalde teacher did not leave door open that gunman used to enter Robb Elementary School
    We had steel doors that auto locked where I worked at the county courthouse. You didn't have to physically close them, they closed themselves using the weight of the door. Those doors probably weighed 100 lbs. and it was a bit of work to open them after you unlocked them with a key card. You had to put a shoulder into the door to open it.

I'm wondering what type of doors these were and why they weren't self locking. I think self locking doors are fairly standard on secure facilities. The facility I'm talking about was built 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-31-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Great mindset at all but you can tell he made this video based on preliminary and unverified info simply because he was pissed off.
    Well, no shit. And? How long does have to wait for all of the info to get out before making a video? Pretty sure he can legally say what he wants and he damn sure has earned the right, many times over.
    #RESIST

User Tag List