Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig sued over defective pistols

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    The last SIG factory standard trigger I bought (to replace the thin trigger that came on a P239) was labeled "made in India." I picked up a spare machines locking block for a P226, that was made in Israel.
    Well that settles that. Incredible, I had no idea.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-24-2017 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added quote

Wonder if gray guns will ever make a long extractor?

It seems SIG is still experiencing serious QC issues from reading the thread. I'm going to be honest, I've never been around where they didn't have wishy washy QC to my knowledge. It's a shame, based on their reputation they used to have a high standard in the good old days.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

When I talked to our Sig LE rep back in 13 about QC issues, he told me that Sig was in the process of building a new facility in the US so they could stop outsourcing their MIM parts due to the QC issues. Don't know if that ever happened.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Manbearspider View Post
    Rail/ non rail shouldn't make much of a difference if its done right. The Beretta straight vs slant covers do have mechanicaal differences though. The slanted dustcovers reinforce a specific area on the frame that was prone to cracking on the straight ones when the guns were shot to destruction (low maintenance/high round count testing).

And on the subject of guns built for .40 that end up being overbuilt for 9mm, the PX4 is worth a mention too. I guess you can consider it a gen 2 .40sww gun because of the Cougar heritage, but its definitely a brick shithouse when it comes to round count thanks to it. Both the Ernest Langdon threads have some pretty detailed info on this, but those guns in 9mm definitely qualify as 'overbuilt'.
    Just curious if we can find a correlation beyond a model/caliber/unit - IE if these frames were all from the same fordge batch but had too high of an alloy additive that makes things harder (IE brittle), or rail/no rail, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Here's a crazy idea. How about since the P320 is going to be their new mass produced and affordable hotness, why don't they scale back the production of the classic series, go back to machining everything, and I dunno, just charge more for them? I'd rather pay the higher price for a reliable metal pistol that has the pedigree that the Classic P-series has than to pay less for a crappy POS that's going to fail.
    The success of the Legion series shows that there is a market for higher end SIGs among the general shooting population. I think that the days of the P-series being a viable contender in the LE market are done, regardless of how well or poorly SIG makes them--they can't compete with striker guns cost-wise, and there's the perception that no one can shoot DA/SA as well as a striker. However, if SIG expanded on the Legion marketing trend by offering guns with tight QC, accuracy standards, and fully machined parts, I think they would sell a pile of them as status symbol guns alone. That way they could have the best of both worlds--military/LE contracts and the EDC CCW for the P320, and the luxury perception of the P-series guns, with both lines being profitable, albeit for different reasons and in different markets.
    Last edited by Sero Sed Serio; 05-24-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    The success of the Legion series shows that there is a market for higher end SIGs among the general shooting population.
    I was pretty excited for them...until I held one. Reports of canted sights were made here on PF and in other places upon release. Finish issues were also reported. "Higher end" didn't extend to better QC.

I wonder if the same marketing could be applied, though. Isn't the Mk25 "that gun" already? Better internals and whatnot? (Seriously, I'm asking)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I was pretty excited for them...until I held one. Reports of canted sights were made here on PF and in other places upon release. Finish issues were also reported. "Higher end" didn't extend to better QC.

I wonder if the same marketing could be applied, though. Isn't the Mk25 "that gun" already? Better internals and whatnot? (Seriously, I'm asking)
    Prett sure the Mk25 is no different than a standard short extractor, except has phosphate on the internals (and most people probabl don't know that it only serves as a carrier for lubricant, no more, no less), and has a label on it of an anchor/upc.

Frankly, I think the higher end ones people here are talking about buying for the extra money do exist- the X5/X6/Xshort series.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Well that settles that. Incredible, I had no idea.
    You would be surprised how many gun parts are made by Indo-mim. Enough that they used to advertise in American Handgunner magazine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KyNate View Post
    I am not calling your info false but I have never heard of them outsourcing parts the the countries mentioned. Where did you get this information?
    SIG is not the only one outsourcing small parts to India and Brazil. Where do you think Glock extractors are made ?

In fact my understanding is Glock originally had the LCI extractors made in Brazil and switched to having them made in India right around the time Glocks started having a higher incidence of tolerance stacking and BTF issues.

User Tag List