Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Best first complete AR-15?

LMT....Lewis Machine & Tool w/Enhanced Bolt.......
    Last edited by HALO51; 12-21-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    LMT....Lewis Machine & Tool w/Enhanced Bolt.......
    I’m a big fan of LMT but their complete guns are all over the $1k limit in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m a big fan of LMT but their complete guns are all over the $1k limit in the OP.
    https://www.recoilgunworks.com/spm16...e-p-52463.html

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    https://www.recoilgunworks.com/spm16...e-p-52463.html

Good deal, but it is a used gun and doesn’t have the enhanced BCG mentioned. I would be fine with the standard defender though.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Good deal, but it is a used gun and doesn’t have the enhanced BCG mentioned. I would be fine with the standard defender though.
    Those are new rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Those are new rifles.

That is a great deal.

Student
    Ryan, what did you end up going with? Or are you still lookin' and saving up the dough?

I don’t know where OP is at with his purchase, but something to consider - while G has a solid reputation, they have put out parts that had issues. Maritime Bolt Catches have broken and they’re are enough bad reviews of their LPKs already to make me wonder. I also don’t know if a single reviewer that has had time with the Geissele stuff. Their LE line has been out for a little while and even that is hard to find stuff on. The uppers were really well priced, but they’re about as close to an unknown quantity as it gets.

Sig and Spikes will never get a recommendation from me. I don’t think I’ve ever touched either, but I’ve watched enough people at the range struggle with them. Plus plenty of online reviews that aren’t super favorable.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything bad about Sionics, they just don’t really have anything that appeals to me. SOLGW gets lots of praise when you get the gun, but their ordering and delivery process is severely flawed. The only time I would consider anything from them is if it comes from a third party vendor like primary arms. I’ve seen way too many posts about people waiting forever for their items and have seen mixed experiences getting ahold of the company. Had that happen personally too.

DD is good but overpriced for what you get. KAC is amazing but out of the price range. Colt is good, but not worth some of the prices they’re going for now IMO. BCM is the gold standard in my book. Every now and then you’ll see someone have an issue, but I’m pretty confident they have more guns in use than Sionics, SOLGW, and KAC so my assumption is that it’s a very low percentage of problem stuff. Also, IME they have great CS. You also get a lot for your money. Not as much as the G stuff on Black Friday, but still a lot of good upgrades for not much extra $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I didn’t read the whole thread but Faxon has some pretty good “basic” builds, which I’d rank higher than any PSA or budget build. If I had no AR and wanted one, and money was a concern, they’d be a strong contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've ordered exactly one Faxon part so far, and wasn't impressed. Their CS was pretty annoying until I actually got a guy on the phone. He seemed to be a good guy, and was pleasant and efficient. But when your apparently only competent CS person has a backlog of hundreds of emails to deal with, something's not right. All I know so far is they have the barrel back.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List