Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I keep going back and forth. Bought the 43x, then a 48 just to try it. The 43x is a bit redundant, the modularity is cool as I have a 43 and with a 48, you can bascially have 4 pistols: 43, 43x (48 lower), 43 long slide (48 upper), and a basic 48. Kinda cool. Needs a smooth face trigger, and grip could be alittle more textured like Gen4 ish. These are great!
    This is exactly where I'm at. I already had a 43 and bought a 48 last week. Love the dimensions,fit and feel and it carries well in my IWB 43 holster. I would like to find a smooth face trigger that has a rounded (side to side) contour and semi flat like my CZ P10 Cs have. Full grip stippling would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    This is exactly where I'm at. I already had a 43 and bought a 48 last week. Love the dimensions,fit and feel and it carries well in my IWB 43 holster. I would like to find a smooth face trigger that has a rounded (side to side) contour and semi flat like my CZ P10 Cs have. Full grip stippling would be great.
    It’s where I’m at too with an added wrinkle. I have a 42 too! Theoretically, many of the internals are interchangeable between all 3.

Anyway, I don’t know if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but I have confirmation that it’ll work in your 48. I’ve got em coming in for mine.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192209

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    According to an engineer that I know (Wife) if a spring is operating within its design parameters it is not compression that weakens it..... it is cycles.
    But wouldn’t putting more rounds in than the magazine was designed for actually be compressing it to outside its design parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    A short clip of shooting the G43 "longslide" with the 48 upper and the 48 wearing the 43's short slide. Not sure why anyone would want a longslide 43 but it will shoot. FWIW, both of us shooting thought the long slide tamed the 43's felt recoil a good bit.
    I think I’d be much more interested in a 43L than a 43X.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    It’s where I’m at too with an added wrinkle. I have a 42 too! Theoretically, many of the internals are interchangeable between all 3.

Anyway, I don’t know if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but I have confirmation that it’ll work in your 48. I’ve got em coming in for mine.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192209
    Thanks. Yeah that profile top to bottom but a more rounded face side to side like the factory smooth trigger face with the Apex profile top to bottom. Probably doesn't exist from casual looking.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Thanks. Yeah that profile top to bottom but a more rounded face side to side like the factory smooth trigger face with the Apex profile top to bottom. Probably doesn't exist from casual looking.
    I don’t know man. This one is slightly more rounded.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...aspx?rrec=true

But if you’re looking for a completely rounded trigger, which would be cool, you might be looking for a unicorn. I wish you the best of luck though. I’ve settled on the Apex. It’ll be on both my 43 and my 48. I have no idea why my 42 has a smooth trigger, but the 43 doesn’t!

Anyway - If you want a cheaper alternative while you contemplate the meaning of your Glock and it’s existence in your collection, buy a 17 shoe. It’ll fit.

I tried the Vickers flat trigger, hated it, too much of an acute curve at the trigger tip, pinched and just felt weird, in addition the safety tab didn’t fit quite right and felt really gritty. So, I sanded the face smooth and radiused the edges, makes all the difference. The little guns a just a tad snappy and the grooved trigger is a bit uncomfortable with longer sessions. Love the black 43 slide though. Would love ODG with black slides.

Site Supporter
    For aftermarket triggers I like the SSVI TYR, tried an Apex and hated it. Love the Apex AEK trigger in my M&P's.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    For aftermarket triggers I like the SSVI TYR, tried an Apex and hated it. Love the Apex AEK trigger in my M&P's.
    Oh no! I was originally going to order the TYR, but settled on the Apex. Bought two actually! One for the 43, and one for the 48. Here’s hoping I like mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post

I have no idea why my 42 has a smooth trigger, but the 43 doesn’t!
    G42 is USA made, so no need to make up "points" (ie: Target Trigger) with the ATF/E reference import restrictions...

User Tag List