Page 43 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

More data: 100 rounds 147 AE ball, 50 each of Winchester Ranger 124, 124 +P HST, and 147 HST. No malfunctions, no scratches on mags, very happy with the trigger. So, 550 rounds at this point, haven’t cleaned it.

Take this for what's its worth.

I spoke with our regional SIG rep today at an event. We discussed the 365 and he flat out said that there was a batch of bad firing pins that went out and that there have been a couple of updates to the pistol. He said that anything with a May or later build date should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Take this for what's its worth.

I spoke with our regional SIG rep today at an event. We discussed the 365 and he flat out said that there was a batch of bad firing pins that went out and that there have been a couple of updates to the pistol. He said that anything with a May or later build date should be good to go.
    That means shit to me, (no offense and nothing to do with you). Collectively, Sig is full of shit. I wanted this pistol to work so badly and it is an epic flop. I want an MPX so badly I can taste the carbon but every time I get the urge I remember the P320, the QC on all the legacy lines and the P365 issues and the urge quickly dies. I love the size and the way the gun shoots but thats where it stops for me right now. I wish I could take them for their word but now all I see is a used car salesman every time one of their reps opens their mouths, consciously I think they are lying. I hope they get their shit together because this gun really could stomp the shit out of everything in its class if they could clear all the bugs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    That means shit to me, (no offense and nothing to do with you). Collectively, Sig is full of shit. I wanted this pistol to work so badly and it is an epic flop. I want an MPX so badly I can taste the carbon but every time I get the urge I remember the P320, the QC on all the legacy lines and the P365 issues and the urge quickly dies. I love the size and the way the gun shoots but thats where it stops for me right now. I wish I could take them for their word but now all I see is a used car salesman every time one of their reps opens their mouths, consciously I think they are lying. I hope they get their shit together because this gun really could stomp the shit out of everything in its class if they could clear all the bugs out.
    Has Sig volunteer the serial numbers or range supposedly effected by this bad batch of strikers?

Said anything about what made it bad and how it got out to customers before being noticed and what was done so that isn't repeated?

Quote Originally Posted by CalmlyDeMented View Post
    I picked one of these up yesterday at the PX, they had a smoking deal on them. I know others have had issues, but my curiosity got the better of me. I just wanted to shoot one and try it out. I put 200 rounds through it yesterday afternoon. I liked it. The sights and decent trigger make this an easy pistol to shoot well. Low 90's on a B8 at 25 yards shooting at probably a 10 in 30 seconds pace. Target pictures and some other thoughts on my instagram shooting journal: https://www.instagram.com/calmlydemented/?hl=en
    I don't know if linking to that is ok, but I don't want to go through reposting pictures.

Zero malfunctions so far. Initial impressions are that it shoots like a bigger gun. Transitions were quick enough, recoil was mild, and accuracy was good. Shooting strong hand only and weak hand only was fine and plenty accurate. Front sight was very bright for me and a little wider than I normally run, I think this helped my accuracy. It reminds me of the Trijicon HD front sight.

I'll put more rounds through this and post more later. If it stays reliable, seems like it would make a good underwear gun. I didn't buy this to carry though, I just wanted to shoot one. I prefer carrying a full size pistol.
    This is pretty much how I got one. 200 rds today 115gr and 147gr both ran great. The sights are good and my thoughts are the same on the width, but it was still good out to 20 yrds. There was a significant amount of primer drag, but so far no issues. The trigger could be smoother, but it is useable. A PPQ it is not.
    Last edited by Corse; 06-15-2018 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Add info

"SHOULD be good to go?" sorry.....after the 320 why do people think this will be better?

Mike your post pretty much sums up how I feel about SIG at the moment which is why I don't own a 365...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steaz View Post
    Said anything about what made it bad and how it got out to customers before being noticed and what was done so that isn't repeated?
    Aw, c'mon. They've only had, like, 12 years to get on top of MIM production technology and implement corrective action to prevent future problems. Give them a little time to get things sorted.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Aw, c'mon. They've only had, like, 12 years to get on top of MIM production technology and implement corrective action to prevent future problems. Give them a little time to get things sorted.
    I think they spend a lot of time in D8 and very little in D7.

Or to put it differently, the first step is admitting you have a problem.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    This so much.

There’s that little Sig fanboy still alive and kicking inside that wants a P320, possibly the M17 commercial release, to dink around with. But then I re-read the P320 drop safety issue thread and can smother him out for a bit again.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List