Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excellent article on the "fight for $15"

Excellent article on the "fight for $15"

Not anything that we do not know already.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...n-fight-for-15

A wage is not an entitlement, it is an assessment and reflection of value creation. The start of 2018 may well mark a victory for the “Fight for 15” advocates, but in the preceding years, it is the low-wage workers who will lose the most in this push for $15 per hour.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Makes me wish I was a robot manufacturer. Business is looking good for them.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Makes me wish I was a robot manufacturer. Business is looking good for them.
    We call those "public schools" now.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

The local McDonald's is planning a push to encourage customers to place their orders through the lobby kiosks. They said this will actually require them to hire more people to meet the expected increase in business.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not anything that we do not know already.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...n-fight-for-15
    Sadly, those who ought to know, don't.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The real minimum wage has always been and always will be $0. The sooner out political class and media class grasp that concept the sooner we can start improving the economy and creating new jobs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The real minimum wage has always been and always will be $0. The sooner out political class and media class grasp that concept the sooner we can start improving the economy and creating new jobs.
    Interns FTW
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The local McDonald's is planning a push to encourage customers to place their orders through the lobby kiosks. They said this will actually require them to hire more people to meet the expected increase in business.
    Lobby kiosk or cellphone app ordering meaning I don’t have to deal with the order-taking and money-taking (probaby credit card theiving) McD’s staff? Yea, I’m in!
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    A wage is not an entitlement, it is an assessment and reflection of value creation.
    Even a cursory look at the economy and the last few decades will show you wages are divorced from value creation. I saw it first hand with programmers. American programmers were let go at any opportunity, and then Indians on H1B visas came in and did the exact same work for 30-40% less. The serfs believed the feudal system benefited them as well. This is preaching to the serfs why making less is actually good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Lobby kiosk or cellphone app ordering meaning I don’t have to deal with the order-taking and money-taking (probaby credit card theiving) McD’s staff? Yea, I’m in!
    They activated that here, a couple of weeks ago

User Tag List