Page 10 of 346 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

the old witches' hat slide stop?
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Can anyone owning a Gen 5 with Ameriglo night sights post the width of the rear notch as well as the width of the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post

The Gen5 Glock starts at about 3 pounds and increases as the trigger moves rearward. It's a much different, and longer, feeling trigger pull compared to the VP9.
    Threat management trigger!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Another range trip this morning and 300 more rounds thru Gen 5 G19.
    So far 0 malfunctions, 0 brass to face.
    Round count:
    Blazer Brass 115gr 150 rounds
    Federal HST 147gr 50 rounds
    Holmes Reloads 115gr 310 rounds
    Total loads with zero issues- 510

I thought if anything my reloads could pose a problem- there were none. Slide locked back on every empty magazine. The ejection pattern went to the right and not backwards.
    I think someone earlier asked about using older magazines- I brought 5 mags that I have had for a few years and there were no issues.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Some may recognize his name.

He writes for Small Arms Review magazine.

https://youtu.be/-9erZOL7RCw
    Just noticed you beat me to this, Chris Bartocci has an awesome youtube channel... discovered it a few months back. He is a wealth of information...

I have high hopes that these new Glocks will be everything we hope but I'm paying close attention to the ejection pattern/consistency. In Chris Bartocci's video here at 20:12 you can watch him fire a few mags through a Gen 5 G17. The ejection looks pretty consistent overall. However on the 8th shot fired in that first string I think I can see the ejection phenomenon described by vuurwapenblog here and TwangnBang here where the case bounces off the slide near the breach face before clearing the ejection port and sort of bobbles out. I don't know if I'm seeing things or if it will have any affect on real-world performance if it's there. Supposedly these things are pretty reliable so maybe it doesn't matter but I'm not sure if Glock or the MHS testing committee factored BTF into their definition of reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I have high hopes that these new Glocks will be everything we hope but I'm paying close attention to the ejection pattern/consistency. In Chris Bartocci's video here at 20:12 you can watch him fire a few mags through a Gen 5 G17. The ejection looks pretty consistent overall. However on the 8th shot fired in that first string I think I can see the ejection phenomenon described by vuurwapenblog here and TwangnBang here where the case bounces off the slide near the breach face before clearing the ejection port and sort of bobbles out. I don't know if I'm seeing things or if it will have any affect on real-world performance if it's there. Supposedly these things are pretty reliable so maybe it doesn't matter but I'm not sure if Glock or the MHS testing committee factored BTF into their definition of reliability.
    I think many are interested in how the Gen 5 pistols eject, and because the internet and the number of Glock pistols, folks will have them under a microscope. It would be interesting to put our other brands on slo mo film and watch them. Ammo obviously plays a part, and I wonder what he was shooting. Light ammo and a new RSA, especially one oriented to accuracy, could take a while to settle in. I have seen that with a number of new pistols of different brands.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    Just noticed you beat me to this, Chris Bartocci has an awesome youtube channel... discovered it a few months back. He is a wealth of information...
    I watched this last night. Very informative.

I would like to register my petty jealousy for those that have these already, thanks.
    #RESIST

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think many are interested in how the Gen 5 pistols eject, and because the internet and the number of Glock pistols, folks will have them under a microscope. It would be interesting to put our other brands on slo mo film and watch them. Ammo obviously plays a part, and I wonder what he was shooting. Light ammo and a new RSA, especially one oriented to accuracy, could take a while to settle in. I have seen that with a number of new pistols of different brands.
    Yes.

I may not be saying the right words, but has anyone performed the '1911 Ejection Test'? (As I understand this is shooting a single chambered round, on an empty magazine).
    Last edited by RJ; 08-27-2017 at 12:20 PM.

User Tag List