Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal judge rules Maryland gun permit law unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Putting on my body armor now.

I for one have no problem with carry permits per say. After all, how is an LEO going to know if you are not a person who doesn't belong having a gun? Take your word for it? The problem resides in the government making the process burdensome, expensive and elitist. There should be an inexpensive process to get a card saying I'm a card carrying good guy. Otherwise there is always a question when we interact with LEO's as to our qualifications to Keep & Bear our arms.

I realize all the arguments concerning the govenment abusing this kind of process. That's where we as citizens need to slam the politician's fingers in the drawer so to speak when they start making offending noises.
    So...you are in agreement with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    So...you are in agreement with me?
    Yes I am.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Keith View Post
    You can still end up with 3 bad judges. There are 5 Obammy appointees on the court.

I personally know and have proudly raised my hand in oath of both testimony and office before a judge that Obama appointed to the federal bench, and I would gladly have that judge decide such a case.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I personally know and have proudly raised my hand in oath of both testimony and office before a judge that Obama appointed to the federal bench, and I would gladly have that judge decide such a case.
    I wish that Judge could hear it then. Sotomayor and Kagan have not been so helpful.

There should be an inexpensive process to get a card saying I'm a card carrying good guy. Otherwise there is always a question when we interact with LEO's as to our qualifications to Keep & Bear our arms.
    By "interaction" do you mean some situation where we have been detained or the like? Or do you mean any interaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Keith View Post
    I wish that Judge could hear it then. Sotomayor and Kagan have not been so helpful.

I wouldn't want them to be the deciding votes either, but broad brushes sometime miss the truth. We have another Obama appointee in our area with the DOJ that is also doing a fantastic job.

I for one have no problem with carry permits per say. After all, how is an LEO going to know if you are not a person who doesn't belong having a gun? Take your word for it? The problem resides in the government making the process burdensome, expensive and elitist. There should be an inexpensive process to get a card saying I'm a card carrying good guy. Otherwise there is always a question when we interact with LEO's as to our qualifications to Keep & Bear our arms.
    They don't seem to be having any problems that I've heard of in Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming and the parts of Montana where no permit concealed carry is legal.

.... After all, how is an LEO going to know if you are not a person who doesn't belong having a gun? Take your word for it? .....
    Yes, unless that officer has Reasonable Articulable Suspicion that you are not legally able to carry that gun, just committed a crime, are committing a crime or are about to commit a crime. Or, if that officer engages in conversation where you consent that you are breaking the law.
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Life Member
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GooberTim View Post
    Yes, unless that officer has Reasonable Articulable Suspicion that you are not legally able to carry that gun, just committed a crime, are committing a crime or are about to commit a crime. Or, if that officer engages in conversation where you consent that you are breaking the law.
    I agree....
    The path back to Constitutional Carry will be a long road of reversing/changing a myriad of long-held beliefs and opinions. It will be a slow, step-wise process in many places and a simple leap of faith in others. Even here, with a membership comprised (I assume) entirely of shooters, there are many that would be ok with some restrictions on how to "allow" honest citizens to carry, where and when.... and others here that take the term "shall not be infringed" quite literally.

To those of you that are ok with many of today's common restrictions, I would urge you to try and explore and challenge, honestly, the basis for your current beliefs... For example.. prohibiting concealed carry in schools is a particularly farcical attitude, IMO. I can think of no place more important to ALLOW CC. I send my kids to school undefended every day. Where's the metal detectors? A locked door that opens for anyone or a "No Guns" sign isn't gonna stop the crazies. Who will be there to protect my children, God forbid? Where could it possibly be more important for honest citizens (parents, teachers, administrators) to carry the best possible means for defending the most precious people in our lives?

Give your own beliefs a good stare in the mirror. Ask yourself whether those beliefs are consistent with the Constitution, with Liberty, Freedom and Self-Determination.... or could they be more accurately described as a slightly less "Progressive" version of what the media has been feeding us for most of our adult lives?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I agree....
    The path back to Constitutional Carry will be a long road of reversing/changing a myriad of long-held beliefs and opinions. It will be a slow, step-wise process in many places and a simple leap of faith in others. Even here, with a membership comprised (I assume) entirely of shooters, there are many that would be ok with some restrictions on how to "allow" honest citizens to carry, where and when.... and others here that take the term "shall not be infringed" quite literally.

To those of you that are ok with many of today's common restrictions, I would urge you to try and explore and challenge, honestly, the basis for your current beliefs... For example.. prohibiting concealed carry in schools is a particularly farcical attitude, IMO. I can think of no place more important to ALLOW CC. I send my kids to school undefended every day. Where's the metal detectors? A locked door that opens for anyone or a "No Guns" sign isn't gonna stop the crazies. Who will be there to protect my children, God forbid? Where could it possibly be more important for honest citizens (parents, teachers, administrators) to carry the best possible means for defending the most precious people in our lives?

Give your own beliefs a good stare in the mirror. Ask yourself whether those beliefs are consistent with the Constitution, with Liberty, Freedom and Self-Determination.... or could they be more accurately described as a slightly less "Progressive" version of what the media has been feeding us for most of our adult lives?
    Good post - I often get funny looks when the quality of CHL training/ ease of qualifier is brought up - my stance is that there shouldn't be any mandatory training or licensing process whatsoever - it's odd that some of the most flag waving, NRA backing, good 'ol boys around here have been programmed to believe that a license to carry is a good thing.

As far as letting the police know who's a "good guy" - your actions will dictate this better than any piece of paper. In Texas you can carry a handgun in your vehicle without any license, I know several people that do this - when pulled over, they simply keep their hands in sight and inform the officer - no problems. I imagine that if they had been acting like a criminal it would be different.

User Tag List