Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New HK striker?

Maybe it's a factory welfare open gun. Since it's HK it would be middle class open.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by tsf1225 View Post
    Is there any reason we are not seeing grip chops being done to the VP9 to get it down to Glock 19 size? it looks like it would be easy to take a 1/2 inch or so off the grip and use P2000/USP compact magazines.
    One guy on HKPRO did that. Worked well. He has reported after about a year that it is still running well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
    One guy on HKPRO did that. Worked well. He has reported after about a year that it is still running well.
    If I recall correctly you need to be sure what size grip panels you want as they must be secured with epoxy after the chop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I wish HK would pull their heads out of their collective asses and give us a true G19 sized version of the VP9... I'd buy one without a second thought.

The P2000 was the closest thing we ever got to an HK G19 and it just never quite tickled my pickle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And this is why I abandoned HK last year. Instead of producing the most obvious follow-up to the VP9 what did we get? A compact? No. A VP40...despite FBI and certain American military SMUs walking away from the round. Besides, who in Europe uses .40?

By the time they pull their collective heads out of their asses the consumer will have moved on. Poor business acumen.
    Last edited by ADKilla; 01-05-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post
    And this is why I abandoned HK last year. Instead of producing the most obvious follow-up to the VP9 what did we get? A compact? No. A VP40...despite FBI and certain American military SMUs walking away from the round. Besides, who in Europe uses .40?

By the time they pull their collective heads out of their asses the consumer will have moved on. Poor business acumen.
    A lot of US LE still uses the .40, including HK's largest North American customer U.S. CBP / USBP.

As for the VP-9L, if they the same lower half and recoil spring assembly as the VP-9 the way Glock does with the 34 and 17L it likely is much cheaper and easier to simply make a longer slide and barrel than to re-engineer a shorter system not to mention the significant cost of industrial molds my understanding is they are $100k and up.

Shouldn't have to be long slide or compact. If HK really believes the VP9 is important to their success, they should have a compact, longer slide, and even competition specific model.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    I never understand the butthurt when a new gun comes out. Then again my gun buying days started with the Obama years and almost went through the Clinton years. Maybe it's an HK thing.
    Don't think it's butt hurt.

I think the VP9L will be accurate, shoot well and be very reliable. It will serve whoever buys it very well. I'm just not sure who that is, exactly.

On the other hand, the prospect of them introducing YET ANOTHER HK that is not a G19 sized pistol that uses existing 13 round USPc mags, simply makes us HK fan bois topple over backwards slack-jawed, while our eyes roll in our heads.

As we stare, motionless, at the ceiling, we contemplate what might have been.

The secret thoughts we harbored that our niche Teutonic gun maker might have *finally* understood what the American market has been screaming for are broken, once again, on the rocky shores of the latest SHOT show pre-announcements and rumor mongering.

Excuse me, I'm going to go wax my HK pistol cases now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I wish HK would pull their heads out of their collective asses and give us a true G19 sized version of the VP9... I'd buy one without a second thought.

The P2000 was the closest thing we ever got to an HK G19 and it just never quite tickled my pickle.

One would've thought that would've been a natural follow-up..Instead, they come out with a P-30 sk, Something I could care less about. HK just dose'nt get the American market,people carry guns over here, and alot of us want something striker-fired, concealable, and the VP9 just dose'nt quite do it. Had they made it to use P-2000 mags they would've had a huge hit on their hands. (Not that theVP9 was'nt) HK likely would have sold boatloads more of them. -sigh- At least CZseems to be paying attention, I'm very interested in the P-10. A G19 sized striker, with excellant extraction, accurate, and very probably stupid reliable, Yeah, I'm in...
    Last edited by ralph; 01-05-2017 at 08:25 AM.

AIWB, I would much rather carry a P30SK over a VP9SK, and I think HK did a great job with the P30SK design. Maybe they believe in a hammer for small carry guns?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post

As did I. My P30 was an excellent gun, but the grip was a little long for me to carry AIWB, what I needed was a G19 sized gun, so I bought a G19. You would think that HK would have picked up on the insurmountable success of the G19 by now and followed suit.

User Tag List