Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I went to the CZ USA web site and look at the dimensions. They have all the data, except for what I was interested in finding out. Does anyone know what the height of this gun is?
    Based off of my totally unscientific process (by measuring the picture, in Keynote no less), I'd estimate between 5.18"-5.34" in height. If it takes P07-type mags it would make sense, since the P07 is 5.3" tall.
    Last edited by BCL; 11-26-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I went to the CZ USA web site and look at the dimensions. They have all the data, except for what I was interested in finding out. Does anyone know what the height of this gun is?
    Roughly same as P07, takes P07 mags. Maybe slightly shorter because it is SFA. Educated guess: somewhere between 5.0 and 5.3 inches.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    All this gnashing of teeth.....

Watched enough Marines ND with guns because they had this very idea. Sounds super professional and high speed right up until the point they ND their rifle

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    All this gnashing of teeth.....

Pure Hollywood.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Pure Hollywood.

Isn't there an actual story behind this that is not very similar to the scene in the movie? It blows my mind people still quote this seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Isn't there an actual story behind this that is not very similar to the scene in the movie? It blows my mind people still quote this seriously.
    The actual story is roughly this; in Mark Bowdens book the overall issue the Ranger Captain had wasn't with the operators personally or even their safety standards, but rather that the Rangers under his charge were emulating the special ops teams' general behavior to the detriment of overall unit discipline the Rangers need to execute their missions.

There were and are reasons Regular Army observes rules Specials Forces don't, and the need for the Rangers to stay in their behavioral lane triggered the confrontation in the chow hall line.

Someone who quotes that video clip is actually proving the point in a meta-ironic way.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 11-26-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The actual story is roughly this; in Mark Bowdens book the overall issue the Ranger Captain had wasn't with the operators personally or even their safety standards, but rather that the Rangers under his charge were emulating the special ops teams' general behavior to the detriment of overall unit discipline the Rangers need to execute their missions.

There were and are reasons Regular Army observes rules Specials Forces don't, and the need for the Rangers to stay in their behavioral lane triggered the confrontation in the chow hall line.

Someone who quotes that video clip is actually proving the point in a meta-ironic way.
    Thanks for this. While trigger finger discipline is an EXTREMLY important thing, too many people see it as the only safety issue. Those people often also think that only an idiot would accidently put his finger on the trigger too soon. We can all be idiots, and we should all be aware of that.

Does not mean this is a bad gun, but people should be aware of +/- factors of weapons. I actually look forward to this being released.

"It was easy to see why Steele was destined for the losing end of a popularity contest with the D-boys. Most of his men didn't think through the causes. They saw it all as an ego conflict.

Like the time Steele was standing in line with his men at mess, and spotted Delta Sergeant Norm Hooten carrying a rifle with the safety off. Ranger rules required that any weapon, loaded or unloaded, have the safety on at all times when at the base. It was an eminently sensible rule, a basic principle of handling weapons safely.

He tapped the blond operator on the shoulders and pointed it out.

Hooten had held up his index finger and said, “This is my safety.”

He showed Steele up right in front of his men."

--Blackhawk Down, Mark Bowden

I understand many hostage rescue units used to run the MP5 with the safety off, and that this practice continued until several accidents provoked a change. But it's been nearly 20 years since Blackhawk Down was published, and these days former members of that particular unit seem to advocate putting the M4 safety on even while reloading. Here's Mike Pannone talking about it. Here's Pat McNamara. So we should consider the scene in the book and movie in its particular historical context, and realize that tactics, techniques, and procedures have evolved and progressed since the 1990s.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-26-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I can't remember if it was the Black Hawk Down book or Paul Howe commenting, but wasn't there a soldier who had an ND in the barracks that got sent away during their time in Mogadishu?

User Tag List