Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns and Ammo article on The Roland Special Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    Would a Lone Wolf barrel and comp on a G19 be a good idea? I mean for a lower cost alternative, to determine if I really want to spend the money for the full monty. Feel free to bash me, I have thick skin.
    The cost difference between the two isn't all that much. I'd go for the real deal.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The cost difference between the two isn't all that much. I'd go for the real deal.

Okie John
    Go real deal. The KKM barrel is worth it. A couple weeks ago my KKM with Comp shooting Lawman 124 grain printed 5 shots well under 2".
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Are you guys getting improved accuracy out of the KKM barrel right after installation? I tried the KKM barrel for my G19 and the accuracy was horrible. Factory barrel was much more accurate. After three five-shot groups I put the factory barrel back in. Does it take a while to beak in or should it be more accurate right out of the box?

Site Supporter
    My Wilson barrel for my G34 did't like any of the Blazer Brass ammo..wouldn't group it nearly as well as the factory barrel. Compared to Federal ammo...night and day difference. I just determined the barrel was finicky about the ammo it prefers.

Maybe try some groups with your carry ammo. Also, my absolute favorite 9mm defensive ammo is Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain. It is without a doubt the most consistent ammo I've shot through just about any gun. Very high quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    My Wilson barrel for my G34 did't like any of the Blazer Brass ammo..wouldn't group it nearly as well as the factory barrel. Compared to Federal ammo...night and day difference. I just determined the barrel was finicky about the ammo it prefers.
    This. I've had horrible luck with Blazer Brass 115- and 124-grain FMJ. S&B is much better, as is American Eagle 124- and 147-grain FMJ.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Birdog View Post
    Are you guys getting improved accuracy out of the KKM barrel right after installation? I tried the KKM barrel for my G19 and the accuracy was horrible. Factory barrel was much more accurate. After three five-shot groups I put the factory barrel back in. Does it take a while to beak in or should it be more accurate right out of the box?
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Maybe try some groups with your carry ammo. Also, my absolute favorite 9mm defensive ammo is Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain. It is without a doubt the most consistent ammo I've shot through just about any gun. Very high quality stuff.
    My gen 4 26/19/17 OEM barrels shoot so good, the only reasons I would consider after market would be to shoot lead or get a comp like the KKM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Would a Lone Wolf barrel and comp on a G19 be a good idea? I mean for a lower cost alternative, to determine if I really want to spend the money for the full monty. Feel free to bash me, I have thick skin.
    I went down this road. First experiment with the gen 4 G19 and alpha wolf barrel with lone wolf comp I had failures. Failure to cycle completely.
    I asked a range guy to come check it out, he says "well there's your problem, that comp.". Ok captain obvious, anyone here know glocks?
    Glock guy (younger dude) came over and fired a few rounds. His analysis was that the recoil spring was too heavy. He said it's less of a problem with gen 3 guns (but I don't exactly remember the entire explanation). I ordered a slightly lighter spring and I'll report back what happens.
    In hindsight, I wish I'd spent the small amount more for a kkm setup but I'm enjoying the experiment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My gen 4 26/19/17 OEM barrels shoot so good, the only reasons I would consider after market would be to shoot lead or get a comp like the KKM.
    My Gen4 G19 shoots well enough that I'm disinclined to mess with it, which is unusual for me. In fact, I'd worry that a different barrel might be a giant step backwards.

Okie John

Just curious, but why skimp on the barrel/comp? To me, the RDS is huge expense, so if you or anyone else is going to do it, why not just pay the extra money and go for the real thing? Unless you're thinking cheap red dot as well. Because to me it's a package thing; barrel/comp/red dot. And certainly you can take parts out of it and try them individually but then it isn't really the Roland special. And if it's just a barrel/comp on a 19, I don't know what exactly you gain over a 17 or 34. 9mm doesn't have particularly heavy recoil. Just a thought and not bashing you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    My Gen4 G19 shoots well enough that I'm disinclined to mess with it, which is unusual for me. In fact, I'd worry that a different barrel might be a giant step backwards.

Okie John
    This is kind of where I'm at. I'm concerned that if I keep shooting the KKM barrel and it still doesn't group as well as the factory barrel that when I put the factory barrel back in, I could lose the good fit that the stock gun and stock barrel had and lose the accuracy I was originally getting. Is there a possibility of this? That by swapping in and out different barrels the "worn-in" fit between the gun and the stock barrel is lost?

User Tag List