Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns and Ammo article on The Roland Special Glock 19

Site Supporter

Guns and Ammo article on The Roland Special Glock 19

Hat tip to Chuck Haggard for the original link to he article.

Members of one of our elite national assets conceptualized the Roland Special as a concealed carry pistol. While their world might not necessarily be everyone’s world, they are required to make pistol shots in excess of 25 yards, shoot their pistols while using night-vision goggles and make low percentage shots while a threat, a no-shoot and themselves are all in a state of motion, i.e., hostage rescue.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 26303
Size:  105.2 KB

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-t...cial-glock-19/
    Last edited by HCM; 03-27-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Looks cool

" this Glock 19 equipped with a KKM Precision match barrel, which is capable of 1½-inch groups at 25 yards with full-power duty ammunition found on the commercial market"

1 1/2 inch groups at 25yds?

I've got a KKM on my G34, and I'm a fan. To put in mildly I'm skeptical of the above claim

While a more accurate pistol is always desirable, what is the practical difference between a gun that shoots into 1.5" vs 2.5" when taking "low percentage shots while a threat, a no-shoot and themselves are all in a state of motion"?

No HRED? No APEX extractor?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    While a more accurate pistol is always desirable, what is the practical difference between a gun that shoots into 1.5" vs 2.5" when taking "low percentage shots while a threat, a no-shoot and themselves are all in a state of motion"?
    MO Money!

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    No HRED? No APEX extractor?

Having worked on several hundred none needed any APEX Parts. YMMV.

I have a S&W M&P9 that ATEi machined for an RMR, added suppressor sights, and cut front serrations. They did a very nice job. Top-notch work.

Rosco

I'll just go ahead and remind people that while this is a cool pistol and all, remember if you shoot someone in a completely legit shoot, you probably won't see your pistol back from some time. Locally you will have to get a judge to order the gun be returned to you.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

When we first had a thread on this concept the doodie tards had a bunch to say on their site, so I was told since I refuse to visit such a hive of fuckery, about my comment that the guy who came up with this idea was an actual tier 1 faceshooter. Guys thought the idea to be tacticool and dumb. That a guy the stature of say Pat McNamara is the originator of this concept should make people think about what it's for. Context is important, mission drives the gear train.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List