Page 26 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Body worn cam footage (axon body cam)

Fast forward to around 6:30.

Backup officer dash cam dvr:

Fast forward to around 3:40

Officer exits vehicle, takes fire and falls down - he fell due to being hit in the vest. Officer who falls discharges into the ground in front of him - then fires to slide lock - runs with gun in slide lock and reload after getting cover.

Doer used a rifle which was stolen since 07' - both officers were hit but recovered (shitty rifle ammo...?) BG was shot and killed in the 20 some second conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

That video highlights a major peeve of mine, department's that won't spend $100 to have a relay that cuts the siren when a door is opened. A 120 decibels of background noise is very helpful in that situation.
    Last edited by pablo; 05-09-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    That video highlights a major peeve of mine, department's that won't spend $100 to have a relay that cuts the siren when a door is opened. A 120 decibels of background noise is very helpful in that situation.
    Standard policy for us to cut sirens four or five blocks away...keep them off...

Standard policy for us to cut sirens four or five blocks away...keep them off...
    If we had to the foresight to know where a chase would terminate, we probably wouldn't need to get in one in the first place.

It's a lowest common denominator problem. It doesn't matter how many officers get it right, all that matters is the one guy that screws it up and wrecks everyone's comms. It's a relatively minor screw up in a high stress situation, that can have major consequences.
    Last edited by pablo; 05-09-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Our new cars are set up so the siren shuts off when the car goes into park IIRC
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

If we had to the foresight to know where a chase would terminate, we probably wouldn't need to get in one in the first place.

It's a lowest common denominator problem. It doesn't matter how many officers get it right, all that matters is the one guy that screws it up and wrecks everyone's comms. It's a relatively minor screw up in a high stress situation, that can have major consequences.
    I agree, its also a training thing. We are always taught the same thing in this respect, stay off the radio during a priority job and keep your fucking sirens off unless you absolutely positively need them.

Hell, when I worked midnights we would respond to priorities without lights (head/overheads) and sirens sometimes...

Hell, when I worked midnights we would respond to priorities without lights (head/overheads) and sirens sometimes...
    I can get to most calls faster by driving a little slower without lights and sirens, except to clear intersections, work my way through traffic, than I can with lights and sirens while getting brake checked and jammed up by every nervous nancy on the road. Of course if I do the former the complaints start rolling in about that jerk cop that's speeding for no reason and using his lights and sirens because he doesn't want to sit at a light.
    Last edited by pablo; 05-09-2016 at 10:59 PM.

I can get to most calls faster by driving a little slower without lights and sirens, except to clear intersections, work my way through traffic, than I can with lights and sirens while getting brake checked and jammed up by every nervous nancy on the road. Of course if I do the former the complaints start rolling in about that jerk cop that's speeding for no reason and using his lights and sirens because he doesn't want to sit at a light.
    This was done during midnights, like 2a-5a. Nearly no one on the street excepts cops and BG's.

Daywork or nightwork, I need lights to get around, nearly impossible without them.

Site Supporter

Backup officer dash cam dvr:

Fast forward to around 3:40

Officer exits vehicle, takes fire and falls down - he fell due to being hit in the vest. Officer who falls discharges into the ground in front of him - then fires to slide lock - runs with gun in slide lock and reload after getting cover.

Doer used a rifle which was stolen since 07' - both officers were hit but recovered (shitty rifle ammo...?) BG was shot and killed in the 20 some second conflict.
    Here is the DA's investigation report. Good read. In includes links to crime scene photos. The rifle had no sights.

http://www.ebrda.org/ois/Final%20Rep...%20publish.pdf

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  101.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Here is the DA's investigation report. Good read. In includes links to crime scene photos. The rifle had no sights.

http://www.ebrda.org/ois/Final%20Rep...%20publish.pdf

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  101.2 KB
    Good find, is that an optic on that rifle?

User Tag List