Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Level Training SIRT Training Pistol

RE: getting the slide pins out: Punch and hammer. They are in there _tightly_. (And no, I don't like hammering on electronics either.)

I just got one from my wife for Christmas, and those pins just didn't want to move.

On a non-related note---anyone have trouble with their red laser dying after about 10 minutes? [sigh] The green works great, but the red take-up laser died. Checked the contacts, they worked fine, reversed the pins so the green was the take-up and the red the release, and the green still worked fine--but no red.

The book even gave mention of the red laser dying, so I contacted NLT yesterday according to their instructions. (I assume they'll get back to me after the holiday.)

Anyone else have that happen to them? Was it something simple, or was the red laser actually dead?

Not yet but we're only 18 hours into it. I'm co-located with EHC (above). Adjusting that trigger is a royal PIA. For amount it changes. Nice training alternative.

We may learn to adjust this trigger better over time but after an hour at least of fu%&ing with it, it's heavier than original setting, and longer than original setting, but not exactly a facsimilie of a Glock trigger. Not yet.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Re:Tight Slide Pins
    I bought an early production unit when they first came out, and the pins were easy to push in and out with the allen wrench that came with it. Recently the trigger stopped resetting on it's own, and NLT sent me a new production replacement (great customer service). The pins on the new one are extremely tight, and won't budge without hammering.

The new frame, "slide", and magazines all have minor changes compared to the early production, mostly cosmetic improvements. One practical improvement was the front site mount. The early one had a hybrid of a glock mounting hole with a dovetail cut in the "slide". However, the glock mounting hole wasn't to spec and I had to use a file to open it up when installing Warrens. On the new version they dropped the front dovetail and the standard Glock mounting hole was in spec.

+1 yes a set of Warren sights fit right in like a Glock on this new one. Nice.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I was unlcear from the manual and the yourtube video. Does one knock the pins out from left to right or from right to left?

Thanks,

As it is the trigger does not resemble that of my Glocks in weight, travel, or reset--and my triggers are the 5.5lb setup or whatever they are calling it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    I was unlcear from the manual and the yourtube video. Does one knock the pins out from left to right or from right to left?

Thanks,

As it is the trigger does not resemble that of my Glocks in weight, travel, or reset--and my triggers are the 5.5lb setup or whatever they are calling it this week.
    We did right to left dissassembling and left to right reassembling. The slide to frame fit during reassembly was very tight. Got the rear pin tapped back in, then one pressed the slide down onto the frame with great effort while another got the pin started in the front hole. Then it was a quick tap tap thing.

Okay, I got it taken apart but was unable to change any of the settings to make it anything like my Glocks' triggers (the factory 5.5lb weight smoothed through use).

The Sirt's trigger has a lighter pull, different movement, different break, and different reset than the Glock.

Though it is a great concept, it doesn't seem to fit me.

I am seriously considering returning it and just relying on dryfiring the Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by jthhapkido View Post
    ....The book even gave mention of the red laser dying, so I contacted NLT yesterday according to their instructions. (I assume they'll get back to me after the holiday.)
    And right after the holiday, they immediately got back to me, already have a new one shipped out to me, and have included prepaid postage to return the old one. Excellent customer service.

Just thought I'd add that, so people know how they deal with problems.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    Okay, I got it taken apart but was unable to change any of the settings to make it anything like my Glocks' triggers (the factory 5.5lb weight smoothed through use).
    Only two bits of advice I could offer:

1. Play with the settings some more. It's easy to rotate things far enough around that you're back at the beginning. Small movements make bigger changes.
    2. Don't get too wrapped up in it being perfect. I started using a SIRT when my carry gun was an LEM HK45 and it still had real benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Only two bits of advice I could offer:

1. Play with the settings some more. It's easy to rotate things far enough around that you're back at the beginning. Small movements make bigger changes.
    2. Don't get too wrapped up in it being perfect. I started using a SIRT when my carry gun was an LEM HK45 and it still had real benefits.
    Wow, thanks, Todd.

After reading your response I looked up your original post on the SIRT; http://pistol-training.com/archives/4387 and concluded that I will probably hang onto it, if nothing else but for building weakhand training while sitting at the computer.

I will have to see about adjusting the trigger as I can't seem to make it change and if anything am afraid of making it lighter by accident.

User Tag List