Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AIWB Carry Help

Quote Originally Posted by SQTundra View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the aegis belt is to stiff for me. I wore a regular leather belt (non gun belt) and it formed to the holster and was a lot more comfortable for me. Seemed to also tuck the gun better.
    Yup. That's why so many are using the Wilderness or Volund slim belts. Flex is OK sometimes, aiwb being one of those times.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I personally run all of my AIWB holsters with soft loops. 1 or 2 depending on the design. It allows the holsters to twist and conform to the crease in my hip/thigh when I sit/crouch etc. I do have rigid loops by companies such as JM Custom Kydex and can appreciate the rock solid feel they offer when trying to attain a solid full firing grip on the gun during draw. However, they tend to be uncomfortable for me. Lastly, IDC what brand clip you use (I get it they are convenient) but they will unintentionally come off the belt when you really really don't want them to. Take an "South Narc" ECQC class if you don't believe me. Rigid/soft belt loops do not unless they fail structurally.

Quote Originally Posted by DeftSpecter View Post
    I personally run all of my AIWB holsters with soft loops. 1 or 2 depending on the design. It allows the holsters to twist and conform to the crease in my hip/thigh when I sit/crouch etc. I do have rigid loops by companies such as JM Custom Kydex and can appreciate the rock solid feel they offer when trying to attain a solid full firing grip on the gun during draw. However, they tend to be uncomfortable for me. Lastly, IDC what brand clip you use (I get it they are convenient) but they will unintentionally come off the belt when you really really don't want them to. Take an "South Narc" ECQC class if you don't believe me. Rigid/soft belt loops do not unless they fail structurally.
    Yup. Doesn't take much non-ECQC stuff to make most of the clip attachments pop off the belt. Convenience is cool but drawing the holster with the gun isn't very useful.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List