Page 123 of 812 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 8113

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I keep heavy duty zip ties in every bag & vehicle storage container, including my EDC backpack with all of my work stuff. I also keep SwissKey tools stored with the zip ties so I can remove them if necessary.

This seemed like a good idea when I started traveling again post 9/11, and it still seems like a good idea today.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flex-Cuffs-T...item5af3bb04ed

$8/shipped

10 for $21.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Res...=zip+tie+cuffs

Don't forget your escape training..
    http://www.itstactical.com/skillcom/...from-zip-ties/
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 07-21-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

PARAPLEGIC MAN FATALLY SHOOTS BROTHER TO PROTECT SISTER
    WEST PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A paraplegic man fatally shot his brother while trying to protect his sister from being attacked, Philadelphia police say...

The victim's brother tells police 40-year-old John Mapp was physically abusive towards him and his 38-year-old sister.

The brother, 34, tells police Mapp was attacking his sister then came towards him.

That's when, police say, the man's paraplegic brother pulled out a handgun and shot his brother once in the chest.

Bus stop stabbing suspect held thanks to a passerby carrying a gun
    http://rare.us/story/bus-stop-stabbi...arrying-a-gun/

A man was stabbed at a Lynx bus stop Wednesday morning, and a passerby held the alleged attacker at gunpoint for deputies, according to Orange County sheriff’s investigators. Investigators said Donald Sacco was stabbed several times at the bus stop on Orange Avenue near Sixth Street in the Taft area. Mason recorded video on his cellphone that showed another man, Jeffery Hopkins, jump from a car and hold the alleged attacker at gunpoint until deputies could arrive. He said the victim sat bleeding on the bus stop bench.
    Here's a local news video that includes some 911 calls:
    http://www.wesh.com/news/911-calls-i...074362#!bjUIDG

Grandma shoots burglar.
    ...we heard this crackling… Like wood popping and stuff. I said oh my god. He trying to come in. So I backed up to my room and got my gun and got my extra clip,” Law said.

She was hoping the suspect would go away. Instead, Law said he came closer.

“Next thing I know, he hit the lights and put all the lights on and I’m saying to myself, ‘This person been here before to know where all my lights at,’” she said. “This is ridiculous. He just comes strolling walking around. By the time…He was right here I saw the blue jogging basketball pants he was wearing. And when he got there I jumped up and just start shooting. I have no idea where I hit him. He fell right there on the floor there. “

Law’s granddaughter hid in a closet while she moved closer to the living room and got down on the ground.

Prichard police say she shot the suspect in the head.
    Racking the shotgun... Nice teamwork though. 2 defenders are better than 1.
    “When they heard the clicking of that shotgun it was a whole other world,” he said. “I think I scared them.”

At that time, they heard the intruder fire a gun in the hallway.

“The shell casing was in the bedroom, in front of the [guest] bed,” said Lucking.

Alexis grabbed the pistol from her side table, and hunkered down to call 911. In the pitch black, Lucking ran outside to try and catch the suspect.
    19 yo uses shotgun to protect girlfriend from armed invaders. 1 deceased, 1 wounded.
    The apartment resident, whom authorities did not identify, told police that one of the men shot into the door of his first-floor apartment, and they pushed inside, Toler said. They shoved a 19-year-old man, who lives there with his 17-year-old girlfriend, into a bedroom and asked for “his stuff,” she said.

The tenant pulled out a shotgun and fired three times, hitting both men, Toler said...

I keep heavy duty zip ties in every bag & vehicle storage container, including my EDC backpack with all of my work stuff. I also keep SwissKey tools stored with the zip ties so I can remove them if necessary.

This seemed like a good idea when I started traveling again post 9/11, and it still seems like a good idea today.
    I cannot see one scenario, ever, where I would be inclined to handcuff someone. I am not a cop, nor am I interested in doing what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    , good reason to carry spare zipties in the trunk.
    Or a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I cannot see one scenario, ever, where I would be inclined to handcuff someone. I am not a cop, nor am I interested in doing what they do.
    Here's one example: I fly as a passenger on commercial aircraft. People lose their kittening minds in-flight on a surprisingly regular basis. Would you rather help restrain someone while the aircraft diverts to the nearest airport with (a) belts/shoelaces/etc collected from passengers or (b) heavy-duty zip ties?

They're endlessly useful in making field-expedient repairs to stuff, too.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Would you rather help restrain someone while the aircraft diverts to the nearest airport with (a) belts/shoelaces/etc collected from passengers or (b) heavy-duty zip ties?
    You make a valid point. You could always ask the stewardess for a seatbelt extender as well.

Here's one example: I fly as a passenger on commercial aircraft. People lose their kittening minds in-flight on a surprisingly regular basis. Would you rather help restrain someone while the aircraft diverts to the nearest airport with (a) belts/shoelaces/etc collected from passengers or (b) heavy-duty zip ties?
    I'd leave the restraining to others. If I need to get involved it will be to pummel his head into unconsciousness.

They're endlessly useful in making field-expedient repairs to stuff, too.
    Ok.....I guess.......

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I'd leave the restraining to others. If I need to get involved it will be to pummel his head into unconsciousness.

Another reason to ask for the seat belt extender?

User Tag List