Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Carolina Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    No SSR Masters!!! Most years there are a half dozen.
    That was the first thing I noticed. Also, no Shelby or Olhasso in CDP, no Vogel either.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    ...Olhasso in CDP...
    At the 2012 IDPA Nationals I watched/listened to him ALL DAY. He stated, among other things, that he was "done with IDPA..." several times. Of all the pro shooters I have been around his attitude left a lot be desired...without question he has skills but his attitude works against him in my opinion.

Does he still shoot for S&W?

Not defending him just that during the couple of years leading up to the 2012 nationals I shot with Dave on a regular basis.

I know his reputation. I can only say that in my dealings with him he has treated me and mine well. I know that when my revolver went down right before the NJ state championships he was right there offering his. When my daughter came out to shoot IDPA initially he insisted that she use one of his guns and ammo and couched her through her first match.

I believe Dave is still shooting for Smith but is concentrating on revolvers. He shows up at some of the local sanctioned matches to fly the colors so to speak.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    At the 2012 IDPA Nationals I watched/listened to him ALL DAY. He stated, among other things, that he was "done with IDPA..." several times. Of all the pro shooters I have been around his attitude left a lot be desired...without question he has skills but his attitude works against him in my opinion.

Does he still shoot for S&W?
    He shot the 2014 Indoor Nationals and the 2013 "Big" Nationals.

When I first started working major matches, and did not have the good sense to KISS my stage designs, Dave was one of the guys who took the time to give me tips on how to take MacGyvered props and set them up so they are consistent from run to run and I appreciated the constructive criticism. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way but that's not exactly unexpected when you put a bunch of alpha types in the same coral.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I can see from the linked match results that the person with the seizures being discussed appears to have shot and won ESP Expert.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

On topic: can a mod please edit the title of this thread so it doesn't say "Caroline" Cup and actually says "Carolina Cup?" Because it's hurting my ****ing eyes every time I look at it.

On topic: can a mod please edit the title of this thread so it doesn't say "Caroline" Cup and actually says "Carolina Cup?" Because it's hurting my ****ing eyes every time I look at it.
    You mean you don't keep having "Sweet Caroline" playing in your cranium? How about now?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Seconded.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

What do you guys have against Neil Diamond?
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

User Tag List