Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: REI Boycotting Vista Outdoors for Supporting NRA

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Do tell…
    I’ve been a USAA member since 1989. Never seriously investigated other home and auto options (aside from Hagarty for “collectible” cars).
    Are there truly better options with comparable benefits?
    Oh, God, yes. In fact, a lot of folks recommend looking at different companies every few years. I grew up thinking that the longer you stayed, the better they treated you. Somewhere along the line that changed. Seems like all the various providers (cable, phone, etc) hook you with the entry rate and then ratchet up the prices. I went to Geico but reckon there are others to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Do tell…
    I’ve been a USAA member since 1989. Never seriously investigated other home and auto options (aside from Hagarty for “collectible” cars).
    Are there truly better options with comparable benefits?
    We're USAA members, but switched to Progressive for Auto a while back. It didn't help that USAA decided to stop writing policies in FL (I think this was for house insurance?). I find the service from Progressive to be fantastic. I've had two rear-end accidents in the last year and they were awesome to work with to get me settled. Highly recommend Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    We're USAA members, but switched to Progressive for Auto a while back. It didn't help that USAA decided to stop writing policies in FL (I think this was for house insurance?). I find the service from Progressive to be fantastic. I've had two rear-end accidents in the last year and they were awesome to work with to get me settled. Highly recommend Flo.
    Man, that's some bad luck.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I was a GEICO member for many, many years...had Progressive for a while for a motorcycle, not home or car...and for the last several years have been with Amica for home, auto and umbrella coverage with no plans of switching.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I think Progressive is variable by region (probably true of other insurers too since they're regulated state by state). I've had to deal with Progressive claims in Oregon and California both. Progressive's Oregon office was excellent service. California not so much. That office was palpably hostile and imperious. Ended up in arbitration on that one. Which I won but less time, independent appraiser fees, etc. The fight was worth the rather large difference in valuation on a write-off, but not pleasant and should have been completely avoidable.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast17 View Post
    Meh. I can't remember who I'm supposed to boycott anymore. The list has gotten so long of all the companies and people I'm supposed to be mad at (and truthfully there's good reason to be pissed at them) that if I boycotted all the anti-conservative-gun-whatever people/companies I'd have to grow all my own food, refine my own gasoline, spin my own thread to make my own clothes, etc. That's too much to delegate to my wife, she put her foot down and says no way. So I'm just gonna carry on my merry way and buy from whoever.
    Easiest way is to just focus on avoiding as many of the Fortune 500 brands as possible. They're at least pretty easy to identify in most cases and at least that's a much smaller list to deal with. For example, Unilever. They have something like ~250 subsidiary brands, many of which are easily recognizable. All I do is glance at the packaging of whatever item and ask myself, "Is this a Unilever brand?" (usually marked as such with their logo) If so, I don't buy it.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List