Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Is there any reason not to simply use an extra power firing pin spring and titanium firing pin?
    Extra power spring is a no brainer. The titanium pins can cause timing issues.

Site Supporter
    Is there any reason not to simply use an extra power firing pin spring and titanium firing pin?
    That’s exactly how many companies have cracked the inertia firing code. I personally have never seen any timing issues over about seven examples from five or so manufacturers.

Site Supporter
    Sample size of one, but a titanium firing pin has not caused any issues over multiple thousands of rounds through my 1911.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Sample size of one, but a titanium firing pin has not caused any issues over multiple thousands of rounds through my 1911.
    If it is a no-brainer, I wonder why staccato hasn't done that from the factory?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If it is a no-brainer, I wonder why staccato hasn't done that from the factory?

Because with 15,000 guns annual production, all kinds of ammo people are using, and [presumably] already light firing pin [because theirs are 9 mm guns so I assume they use a smaller dia pin] going with Ti will get reports of light strikes. I don't think it is "if" but "how many".
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Pistolsmith Rob Schauland pointed out that he had found longer than standard firing pins in Stacatto and Atlas pistols. He believes that they are being used to offset the low power mainsprings used in their pistols.

does this change anyone's minds about using staccatos as a home defense/concealed carry choice?

Quote Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
    does this change anyone's minds about using staccatos as a home defense/concealed carry choice?
    My guess is this is only a thing for people that don't have a Staccato.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My guess is this is only a thing for people that don't have a Staccato.
    No, but it's one of several reasons I don't have a Staccato.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Not one bit. I’ll continue to carry one every day.

User Tag List