Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What revolvers did Ross Seyfried use for IPSC before 1911?

What revolvers did Ross Seyfried use for IPSC before 1911?

I know I read in one of Ross's articles about how when he switched from revolver to a 1911 he stopped placing and started winning, but don't recall every seeing anything about what revolvers he used. Anyone know?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    I know I read in one of Ross's articles about how when he switched from revolver to a 1911 he stopped placing and started winning, but don't recall every seeing anything about what revolvers he used. Anyone know?
    I’m also curious to know. “Any Shot You Want” the A-Square reloading manual tells us that Terry Wieland shot IPSC with a 44 Magnum Mountain Gun but I don’t remember reading what Ross shot it with.

Iirc a Model 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Iirc a Model 29.
    I think I remember that also.

Back then almost everybody shot a 45 1911. There were a few HiPowers or Model 19s.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I think I remember that also.

Back then almost everybody shot a 45 1911. There were a few HiPowers or Model 19s.
    The volume of shooting with ammo that made PF back then must’ve been pretty rough on a Model 19.

Take Your Pick

I loved Ross' writing. Along with John Taffin, he's responsible for my love of big bore revolvers, particularly the M29.

Of late, I've been culling the herd. Before too long, my 29 and Single Action Army may be the only wheel guns left, because of those two.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    The volume of shooting with ammo that made PF back then must’ve been pretty rough on a Model 19.
    I'm more concerned with chasing 0.2 splits than the ammo. Especially a 158gr lead bullets
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Name:  IMG_0628.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  75.0 KB

Pic from 2010 when I spent a week with Ross when he was still in Oregon. His Combat Special rang his 50 yard steel with ease.

Site Supporter
    I wish all of Seyfried’s articles were in a book. I must say that my favorite handguns are not that different from his displayed

User Tag List