Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: DEA to reclassify Marijuana from schedule I to schedule III

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The workload thing was definitely expressed as a factor. We are a more rural jurisdiction, so getting a BAC can often take a significant mount of time — especially if a search warrant is required.

Plus, you’re signing up for two years of dumb games in court if the person decides to fight it.
    We had telephonic search warrants and then went to faxing warrants to the court. It cut down a lot of the time. Yeah the court time can suck. I think it gets exaggerated a lot. Overwhelming I did a lot of interviews but never went court due to pleas.

I only went to trial one time as the arresting Officer for an aggravated DUI. I probably had less than four years on. I was never interviewed on the case. I was surprised it went. I was flagged down by an off duty DPS guy on a crazy busy night with no motors. When I approached the suspect I asked him what was going on. He says I’m going to get another DUI. He was suspended from a prior DUI. His BAC was in the .15-20 range. When we went to court I had to say he said “I’m going to get a DUI. There was another issue I couldn’t testify to that would be a mistrial if I brought it up. The defense attorney kept trying to get me to bring it up.

The other issue that was interesting was his defense was he had done four shots right before driving, he wasn’t impaired/over the limit when I arrested him, and his BAC rose over the limit .10 while I was processing him. The criminalist who tested the blood had to testify why that wasn’t the case. There’s a term for this but I forget the name. That added a lot of time. That’s why AZ law says .08 within two hours of driving to elim8nate that issue.

IIRC it was a two day trial. He was found guilty.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    SAF is currently litigating this at multiple levels (and winning). So, I think the answer is, yes almost certainly. Maybe not right away, but within the next 3-5 years is my guess.
    Local gun pusher expects them to rewrite the 4472s as soon the rule changes. He said he'd rather deal with a guy who puffed a reefer than someone who has had a half-dozen whiskeys.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    As someone who suffers from chronic pain (2 bad cervical disks) I would welcome the opportunity to try MJ to see if it can replace Nsaids (I refuse to use opiates), especially for sleep. CBD has proved somewhat helpful. Would be great to have stronger options that didn't get me fired or my gun rights suspended.
    My dad declined medical MJ while suffering from terminal bone cancer, because he valued his rights to own a firearm. Put aside recreational use for a moment...Having to choose between having a treatment for chronic pain and owning a gun has never struck me as particularly reasonable, constitutional, or free. So, I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    We had telephonic search warrants…
    I read this as “telepathic search warrants.” Fitting.

To the post, my late wife had overwhelming chronic pain, to the point she was maxed out on Oxy and Norco both. MJ got her through the worst of it.

There have been times I wished I could treat my own chronic pain that way (nowhere near as bad as hers) but I don’t want to lose my right to own firearms.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Stoned people with guns: what could possibly go wrong?
    Same as drunk people with guns. Actually drunks are worse.

Site Supporter
    Very Late to the Party: Thank you all for posting up re your experiences. Random Musings

1. MJ should not be Sched I
    2. Even in the Midwest, for the past 27 years, if the MJ amount in play was not at least 100kg triggering the mandatory min, we (fed prosecutors) were highly disinclined to be involved absent guns and violence.
    3. The MJ of today is not remotely the MJ of my high school or college years (79-83/83-87) in terms of potency and effect.
    4. It smells like shit and I am tired of smelling it everywhere
    5. More work needs to be done re driving while impaired as folks high on weed/vape are certainly dangerous on the road
    6. If you have meaningful uber/lyft coverage in your area etc. there is NO REASON to drive drunk or high, even if the new drunk is .05.
    7. I know a number of former athletes/skilled trades people that were treating chronic pain with various with OTCs, RX quantities of OTCs and/or opioids who now use a combination of PT/Stretching, a quality bed/night's sleep and with some THC gummies with positive effects.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    4. It smells like shit and I am tired of smelling it everywhere
    I haven't been around marijuana for a very long time, I've never been a user and never had friends that were users, but had been to enough events a few decades ago to be familiar with the smell it produced at that time. However, I've recently been exposed to a smell that I wouldn't have initially thought was marijuana, but I now suspect is, and it does smell bad compared to what I remember. Just another thing to not appreciate about the new neighbor using his house as an AirB&B.

I hate the odor of burning Marijuana. It pisses me off that the zealots who go after someone smoking a cigarette in public give those blowing weed in public a pass.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Another consequence of legalization: poisoning from cannabis edibles among seniors is increasing.

https://www.newsmax.com/health/healt...21/id/1165593/

Any drug will affect different people differently, and marijuana seems to affect some people very differently. While I strongly prefer that marijuana be consumed as edibles so that no one else gets the secondhand smoke, it still needs to be treated like any other drug. Appropriate labeling, instructions describing use as well as risks of interaction with other drugs, safe storage to prevent kids from eating them thinking they are candy, standards and instructions for avoiding dangerous activities while impaired, etc. should all be carefully considered along with whatever steps are taken to enhance access.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I hate the odor of burning Marijuana. It pisses me off that the zealots who go after someone smoking a cigarette in public give those blowing weed in public a pass.
    I don’t like the smell of drunks but that’s not a good reason to ban something or limit someone’s freedom.

User Tag List