Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music from your federated state, performed there live

Music from your federated state, performed there live

I live in North Rhine-Westfalia, Germany. Nena was born here. These videos are recorded in the Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, in 2018:

The songs are from 1983 and '84. I still like them very much.

Please continue...

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Please continue...
    Reminder.

First time I noticed and enjoyed that a great musician plays in his hometown was Tom Petty in Gainesville, FL. Since then I look where the concert takes place in relation to the artists origin. I find the concerts in their hometown always have some additional magic playing amongst their folks.

I loosen the conditions: Please post music from your state or from musicians playing in their state.

One more from my country (but not my state): Peter Schilling in Stuttgart, his hometown, 41 years after the song's first release: Major Tom. 3 generations enjoy it. I know this song was a hit in the US, too.

Shiny Toy Guns did a good cover of Major Tom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0JB2JDxU_0

Here’s Myles Kennedy singing “Mother” in Spokane, with his mom in the audience.

Studio version:

PS. Nena was hot when I was in high school; she’s still hot now, even as we’ve both aged considerably.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

The 'Femmes, from Milwaukee, playing in Milwaukee

The BoDeans at Summerfest

Last edited by Guerrero; 05-16-2024 at 11:20 AM.
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Nena was hot when I was in high school; she’s still hot now, even as we’ve both aged considerably.
    Nena impressed me big time with one thing in recent years: Many artists here, especially b-class artists or former stars, have become parrots of the government and the mainstream media. In order to get media support, these artists support very questionable policies that are bad for the people. Not Nena. During the corona time, she spoke out critically against government measures which overly restricted the rights of the people. She is still on the side of the people. And I remember a Filipina here singing a beautiful Nena song at local demonstrations against the government's corona measures. You can switch on a good English translation in the subtitles.
    Last edited by P30; 05-16-2024 at 12:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    I live in North Rhine-Westfalia, Germany. Nena was born here. These videos are recorded in the Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, in 2018:
    I’ve always liked her. She has a very lush voice. 99 Luftballons was on my 1988 mix tape.

She may be hotter now than 30 years ago.

Good thread. Enjoy site supporter status, @P30
    #RESIST

Got two here, maybe more to follow.

Gringop

Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

User Tag List