Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talo Glock 49 with ACRO P2s are coming

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Collector's in Houston has a few of them. Priced at $1649.

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/p...z4916-new.html
    I hope they buy you dinner first and pick up your Uber after.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I hope they buy you dinner first and pick up your Uber after.
    lol, yeah I wouldn't buy a Glock from them. For the rare stuff they are, as charitably as possible, priced "on the high side." But they have a lot of rare stuff. Their SAA inventory is impressive on the website. It's stunning in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    You're making me dizzy...

Best, Jon
    Then I have succeeded.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Got to handle one of the B&T G19s at one of the shops I teach at today. The cut is definitely deeper than the factory MOS cut. The barrel is either not factory, or not original to the gun, as it has a different serial number and different serial format than the Glock numbering system. I should have gotten a pic of the top of the barrel, but was running to set up my classroom so didn’t think about it.

The slide-to-frame lockup seemed pretty solid. Did not try the trigger. Finished seemed more like the flat black Gen. 3 finish than the current glossy black finish, but that is likely the B&T refinish after milling the slide cut. Retail was $1,449ish for pistol and optic, and falls in line for what I would expect from an LGS for something like this.

I found this interesting, but to quote Pride and Prejudice (as every good gun forum should), not handsome enough to tempt me; I’m very happy with my carry and training G19.5s with green 509s. I think that the G49 direct mount will have enough incremental advantages, namely direct mounting of optic, extended slide length to reduce likelihood of hand in front of muzzle during manipulations, and a more robust slide at the muzzle end, to justify a purchase (particularly if I can find a blue label version, which, I have long suspected has higher QC, and a recent thread seems to support this theory). I’m not sure the same can be said about the B&T version, at least for me and my needs.

Name:  IMG_3839.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  31.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I found this interesting, but to quote Pride and Prejudice (as every good gun forum should), not handsome enough to tempt me; I’m very happy with my carry and training G19.5s with green 509s. I think that the G49 direct mount will have enough incremental advantages, namely direct mounting of optic, extended slide length to reduce likelihood of hand in front of muzzle during manipulations, and a more robust slide at the muzzle end, to justify a purchase (particularly if I can find a blue label version, which, I have long suspected has higher QC, and a recent thread seems to support this theory). I’m not sure the same can be said about the B&T version, at least for me and my needs.

What thread are you referring to which supports QC differences in Blue Label?

Got to handle one of the B&T G19s at one of the shops I teach at today. The cut is definitely deeper than the factory MOS cut.
    That definitely is low! My Talo G45 is cut just below the bottom of the curve:

Name:  IMG_5660.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  54.9 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    What thread are you referring to which supports QC differences in Blue Label?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1573208

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1422717

I haven't seen anything conclusive either way to confirm or deny this is the case, but in my anecdotal experience, I have had reliability issues with multiple "commercial" Glocks, but never with blue label guns. My training G19 has malfunctioned under conditions where my identically-set-up blue label G19 has performed without issue. To be fair, Glock did swap out a blue label G47 for me due to finish flaking off the barrel lug, which even a perfunctory QC check should have caught. I can't say for certainty that the blue label guns are better, but I've seen nothing to suggest they are worse, and I have enough personal experience to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That definitely is low! My Talo G45 is cut just below the bottom of the curve:

These photos should probably go into the Acro thread for reference.

This is a Battlewerx mill:

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    These photos should probably go into the Acro thread for reference.

This is a Battlewerx mill:
    Great idea - done! Added to https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....point-ACRO-P-2
    Ken

Got to handle one of the B&T G19s at one of the shops I teach at today. The cut is definitely deeper than the factory MOS cut. The barrel is either not factory, or not original to the gun, as it has a different serial number and different serial format than the Glock numbering system. I should have gotten a pic of the top of the barrel, but was running to set up my classroom so didn’t think about it.

The slide-to-frame lockup seemed pretty solid. Did not try the trigger. Finished seemed more like the flat black Gen. 3 finish than the current glossy black finish, but that is likely the B&T refinish after milling the slide cut. Retail was $1,449ish for pistol and optic, and falls in line for what I would expect from an LGS for something like this.

The 'L' prefix is a Glock factory replacement barrel, L meaning Lauf. Replacement frames start with G (Griffstueck), and slides with S (Schloss).

Thanks for the pics, I was wondering about the magic of the BT job.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

User Tag List