Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Only "one watch"/only "two watch"

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I don't know about CWC specifically, but I will note that there are other brands that do not state what grade movement they use on the spec sheet, but still use special (elabore) and/or premium (top) movements. For example, while Sinn does not state what grade they use on their website, if asked directly, they answer that they use premium/top grade movements.
    My Sinn 105 is not particularly accurate, and every few days I adjust it. I asked YVK about his Sinn 856, and he wasn't sure about accuracy. I asked if he was wearing his, and as he was, what time it said. He was ten or twelve minutes fast, but didn't remember the last time he adjusted it. My Mido was spot on time wise, but my day/date were off due to user error.

I mostly use my Casio ProTek solar atomic to set time on my other watches.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've found Seiko automatics to be accurate enough for my purposes, particularly because I rarely wear a watch continuously for a long enough period of time for any variance to make a practical difference to me. I usually only wear an automatic watch when in the office or attending social functions, and neither activity spans more than a day or two after which time the automatic goes back in the drawer and my daily-wear quartz/solar watches come out for use around the house. I don't have a winder because I prefer just to let the watch run down on its own, and then I reset the next time I want to wear it. With that type of usage, a few seconds variance each day doesn't impede my use of the watch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My Sinn 105 is not particularly accurate, and every few days I adjust it. I asked YVK about his Sinn 856, and he wasn't sure about accuracy. I asked if he was wearing his, and as he was, what time it said. He was ten or twelve minutes fast, but didn't remember the last time he adjusted it. My Mido was spot on time wise, but my day/date were off due to user error.

I mostly use my Casio ProTek solar atomic to set time on my other watches.
    Please tell me that was “ten or twelve SECONDS fast”.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 04-30-2024 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Please tell me that was “ten or twelve SECONDS fast”. If it was minutes, SINN would have to come off my list of cool watches to covet.
    I’ve been spoiled by watches that vary that much time (in seconds) in a year, so being more than 10 minutes off would be unacceptable, especially in my line of work.
    I have started a test on my 105, but I think it is about 10 seconds a day off. Vaer, Bertucci, and Marathon quartz are spot on. My Hamilton manual wind gains time every day.

I have started a test on my 105, but I think it is about 10 seconds a day off. Vaer, Bertucci, and Marathon quartz are spot on. My Hamilton manual wind gains time every day.
    Have you considered having it regulated?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Have you considered having it regulated?
    I'd start with demagnetizing. One of my Seikos was -40 seconds/day. I demagnetized it and immediately returned to -5 seconds a day. You can buy an inexpensive demagnetizer on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'd start with demagnetizing. One of my Seikos was -40 seconds/day. I demagnetized it and immediately returned to -5 seconds a day. You can buy an inexpensive demagnetizer on Amazon.

My Sinn is 30 days old, and I have never worn it shooting. I can't find an accuracy spec on their website. I will check it over a number of days to get a baseline.

May be a stupid question but besides the obvious what are some ways a watch would become magnetized, normal everyday activities that could cause it.

Change watches every few days, so by the time you want to wear something, the power reserve has been exhausted. You’ll have to reset the time, and you won’t notice the watch’s gain/loss 🤣

That’s what I do, at least

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    May be a stupid question but besides the obvious what are some ways a watch would become magnetized, normal everyday activities that could cause it.
    Living.

Your phone, tablet, personal computer, a communications radio, any rotating electrical appliance (think a desk fan) all produce magnetic fields, albeit it small ones. Watches with decent shielding will mostly be unaffected and it can take a long time from daily life (years) to magnetize a watch.

User Tag List