Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Not a chance.
    What about his transferrables?

I hope he has gotten rid of those by now…
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    What about his transferrables?

I hope he has gotten rid of those by now…
    Depends on what was seized by the gov’t.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So...

Do you guys think the Feds will auction off the seized assets (those which can be transferred, legally)? Because an LAV 1911 would be a cool addition to my safe.
    Ha! No.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Do you guys think the Feds will auction off the seized assets (those which can be transferred, legally)?
    If the property was forfeited to the government, and it is firearms or ammunition it cannot be legally transferred out of government possession. The firearms would be destoyed (most common
    ), or converted to official use (very rare).

If the defendant is is legally prohibited from possessing the firearms or ammunition (by virtue of their felony conviction), and the evidence is not forfeited to the government, and was legally possessed by the defendant prior to seizure/conviction, the defendant is usually given a chance to transfer the property to someone who is not prohibited from legally possessing the firearms/evidence. (there is caselaw on this, but I can't find the citation right now.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How much money? What, tens of thousands, maybe? I’m not taking Vickers side, he knew better, but I don’t think the sanctions were exactly stopping import of millions of dollars of prohibited, suuuuuuper dangerous deadly weapons either?
    In total, between the guns, the guns cut up for kits a the “consulting fees” for various services provided to Kalashnikov Concern there’s not enough public info to say though the plea mentions LAV’s company values the video and promotional services alone at up to $200k.

In my experience IRS CI doesn’t get involved in cases involving “tens of thousands” of dollars.

Re: Sanctions, the fact that the widgets involved were “suuuuuuper dangerous deadly weapons” are irrelevant. Rather it’s the principle of doing business with a hostile foreign power. Not just in general, but with a company specifically designated as a sanctioned entity. Essentially personal profit over national interest which is very disappointing in someone with LAV’s background.

As stated LAV was not the original target of the investigation.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-22-2023 at 08:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Yes I read the thread in 2021 but I did not go all the way back to page 1 review from there forward when it came back up with the new information. I've read a bunch of the stuff linked here and in the other thread but it appears I've missed some information.

Again, wasn't trying to ruffle feathers but satisfy my own curiosity.
    The stuff from page 5 on is what’s relevant to what you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I've got a very low round count LAV customized SA 1911 that will be going for sale shortly, if someone wants it.
    On a completely unrelated note, it's good to see you posting here. I hope you and your family are safe and well.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

In my experience IRS CI doesn’t get involved in cases involving “tens of thousands” of dollars.
    Sheee-it, son. Preach it. Granted this is going to vary from district to district, but I had a case this summer with over $300k in tax fraud and money laundering and we didn't even bother calling IRS-CI. Closed it when the AUSA wouldn't even give us the ex parte order to verify the tax fraud.

The idea that we (collectively as federal LE) have the resources or time to go after "the little guy" is really out of touch with reality. While I love my current job, I'm excited for the new position I'm transferring into next month where I'll be working on the Great Power Competition and not having to deal with an under-resourced court system where the vast majority of shitbags just get declined for prosecution.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    “Larry is also a several time cancer survivor. If he has any recurrence, being in prison will prevent him from getting the high level of medical care that he was able to secure on the outside.”

Not necessarily true.

This is an argument used by virtually all defendants who find themselves convicted of felonies and having to serve time with chronic conditions ie. Cancer, High blood pressure, HIV, Hep C, diabetes, etc.

The level of medical care at FMC Butner (in NC in close proximity to Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Wake Forrest) and FMC Rochester ( in MN with a clinical relationship to Drs from Mayo) is reputed to be quite good.

Having said that, one could surmise that somebody who was/is as sick a Mr. Vickers would be additionally incentivized to cooperate to the extent possible in an effort to minimize his time at a facility/prison setting as opposed to being outside of a facility on probation and/or supervised release.
    Won't his reputation as an informant in prison put him at substantial risk inside?

Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    Won't his reputation as an informant in prison put him at substantial risk inside?
    Assuming he even does time, he's probably going to a minimum security facility (think Gordon Liddy, Scooter Libby, Martha Stewart). Inmates there have a strong incentive to behave, or they will end up in medium or maximum security facilities with violent criminals. Despite the BS Piper Chapman, and Gordon Liddy, have sold to people, minimum security prisons, while unpleasant, are not like being in medium or maximum security facilities.

User Tag List