Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

My only experience with polymers mlok slots was with the barrel clamp. I’m sure other mlok rails are stronger than those.

so are we looking at $1,100 being the going rate now?

https://grabagun.com/beretta-a300-ul...-7-rounds.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    so are we looking at $1,100 being the going rate now?
    Did the WikiArms search and several of these showed in stock:
    Name:  Wiki.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  32.1 KB

I had my pusher find mine.
    It was 939.00
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Pricing is getting very competitive with these.

Arms Unlimited has them for 849.00

AIM Surplus has them for $999
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Just got an email from GunZone for $899.

One of these is creeping closer to the top of my list...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Tracks with what I see.

I have people show up to class with all kinds of sights on their shotguns and I never see people using rifle-style irons, ghost rings, or red dots not able to perform due to the sighting system on their gun. I do see people with bead sights routinely throwing shots high and struggling to actually land shots in the vitals of a photorealistic target when I just drop the steel and put paper up. They are usually slower because they are second guessing their sight picture once they mount the gun whereas people with better sights have a lot more information to feed "good enough" and can just go.

If you are blessed with the golden physiology that allows you to see a perfect bead-sighted sight picture when you mount a typical defensive shotgun and you perform well with it, rock on. But what I have seen over the years is that typical defensive shotguns are not working anything close to that well for the typical person and that absent a useful rear sight of some sort they really struggle to get a useful enough sight picture to make the hit they need to make. If we're talking landing a couple of pellets on a huge piece of steel it doesn't matter...but in class I use a piece of steel that is slightly smaller than a USPSA C-zone and I emphasize accountability for fired pellets (meaning they all end up in the bad guy) when we shoot photorealistic targets. Under those circumstances the bead shooters who do well tend to be much more skilled than average.

Most people with beads struggle to make their hits under the ideal circumstances of slowfire at 15 yards. The wheels really come off once I put them in scored and timed courses of fire.

And this is just if we're talking about using the gun on our strong side in a comfortable position. It turns into a real shitshow when I have folks work from the support shoulder or unconventional positions.
    Resurrecting a post from months back. First, this is only of use if you have a choice of stocks. I have several 870's and like many, I've tried different furniture combos. For sights, one has Wilson Combat Scattergun Tech ghost ring rear and the others are the DEA low rifle/express sights. The stocks are Magpul SGA, Hogue and Mesa Tactical pistol grip. I bought a used Police Magnum off Gun Broker that had an 18.5" with DEA sights and Hogue furniture, forearm and buttstock. I put the Magpul on my gun with the Wilson Combat ghost ring. While doing dry practice with each, I noticed something and had an epiphany (minor, not major!). All 3 of the stocks have short length of pulls, which was the major reason I had them. I assumed comb height was the same on all of them and that was an error. The Magpul SGA was a little low for the Ghost Ring and my eye was not in line when snapping it to my shoulder. The DEA rifle sighted shotty with the Hogue was the opposite. I had to crunch my face a little tighter to the stock for the proper sight alignment. So I switched stocks. The Hogue with a slightly higher comb matched the Ghost Ring, and the slightly lower Magpul was great with the DEA sights. The Mesa Tactical (with the adjustable cheek piece, down all the way) is a match for the DEA sights.
    In conclusion, if things aren't exactly perfect with your chosen sights, think about a different buttstock. For me, it made all the difference.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    In conclusion, if things aren't exactly perfect with your chosen sights, think about a different buttstock. For me, it made all the difference.
    There's a reason why sporting clay guns can be adjusted for drop and the newer competition shotguns are shipping with adjustable cheek pieces built in. It's going to be a little different for everyone.

It's a lot easier to build up the comb of a stock than to get it lower on most of them.

I've run the Hogue and while the comb is set up right, the rest of the stock just isn't comfortable for me to use. It doesn't fit my general physiology nearly as well as the SGA.
    3/15/2016

A question about the A300’s forearm Mlok slots… it there enough space to mount a Scout light and a qd sling cup on one side?

User Tag List