Page 761 of 823 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 8222

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

M3gan, 2022
    Free on Prime
    A little girl loses her parents in an auto accident and moves in with her aunt, a robotics designer in the middle of a huge project who has neither the time nor the parenting skills to deal with her.
    The aunt uses an experimental robot toy doll "companion" with an advanced behavioral AI to occupy the child.
    But the AI is a little too successful and both the robot and the child begin obsessing about each other.

This was a big hit last winter, and the aesthetic design of the doll robot is excellent. Superficially looking like a human doll, but with a deeply "uncanny valley" face and affect, M3gan exudes menace and strangeness. She has a very snotty personality with everyone but the child. At the same time, she/it has excellent empathic programming, leading to some genuinely emotional scenes with the bereaved girl.
    Of course, the third act turns into a killer robot/Chuckie slasher movie with M3gan being way too OP and indestructible, and feckless redshirt adults providing screams and blood.
    The movie can't decide if it wants to be a sci-fi comedy, a satire on distracted parenting and excessive screen time, or a horror movie.
    Great idea, mediocre execution, sketchy acting, good character design with M3gan.
    3/5.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Went to Mission Impossible today. Pretty good movie.
    Thanks for the recommendation. It's hotter than heck here so I went to the matinee. It was slower than the previous MI's, but it still had some good action and a couple funny moments.

If you're a golfer, Full Swing on Netflix is pretty great.

Made me despise hate Ian Poulter, which is a huge feat.

Reinforced my thoughts on Brooks Koepka

Great series

Site Supporter
    Wife and I saw The Sound of Freedom last week just to support the cause. Wasn’t what I was expecting, pleasantly, and I definitely recommend it. If only to show that today’s disney style agenda-drivel isn’t the only way for a movie to make money. Cavizel is a good actor and the writing and supporting cast was good enough to make the admission worth it on its merit alone. Hits the heart from the beginning but does it in a way that is palatable to even the most sensitive.

Site Supporter
    Watched 13 Hours in Benghazi for maybe the 10th time. God, this movie still delivers! Perfect action movie.

Site Supporter
    Anyone watching the Righteous Gemstones? I think it is hilarious. When BJ attacked his wife's lover while the latter was asleep and how the fight played out! The Redeemer!
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Recently re watched Shawshank Redemption and No Country For Old Men. Both great movies along with Man On Fire that I watched again a couple of months ago.

I’m enjoying season 3 of Warrior on Max. I wasn’t sure if a third season was coming until I saw a trailer recently. New episodes are on Thursdays and the first 6 of this season are currently available.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I am now on the second season of True Detective. It's my first time watching. The first season was very good, so far season two isn't as good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I am now on the second season of True Detective. It's my first time watching. The first season was very good, so far season two isn't as good for me.
    Season 2 isn’t as good in the sense that the story and characters aren’t anywhere close to the same level as the first season. What season 2 has is two pretty badass shootouts taking place during a couple of episodes. I thought they were very well choreographed and plain entertaining to watch.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List