Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moms Demand Action Colorado talking points sheet

I loved living in Colorado and miss it a lot. I’d move back there this second even with all kinds of crazy laws being proposed. Maybe people I shot with at local matches were police and SO deputies. Aside from more and more crime from drugs and homeless (what part of the country isn’t that way?), I had the feeling El Paso CO would stay gun friendly for quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Eh. It’s like many other places, much of the physical state is conservative and pro gun but the highly populated cities are not. Much of CO doesn’t follow laws passed in Denver.

Exactly correct. Denver and the surrounding environs are liberal, and pack the state legislature with liberal-voting representatives.
    Most of the rest of the state is a completely different place.

Site Supporter
    I loved living in Colorado and miss it a lot. I’d move back there this second even with all kinds of crazy laws being proposed. Maybe people I shot with at local matches were police and SO deputies. Aside from more and more crime from drugs and homeless (what part of the country isn’t that way?), I had the feeling El Paso CO would stay gun friendly for quite some time.

El Paso county is probably the most conservative county on the Front Range. Unfortunately, it still lives under the thumb of the government in Denver.

Can't edit but this meant to say "many* people I shot with..."

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    That was my opinion as well and one of the main reasons (school boards willing to stand up to woke BS as well as people like John Tiegen running for Mayor of Colorado Springs) of the reason I moved to El Paso County despite the 59 mile commute to work. Compared to California, many of the Colorado counties are willing to tell the state capital to pound sand.

And sadly you are correct, the homeless problem is affecting nearly every city I visit (and I visit a lot). Still haven’t seen ANYTHING other than the shanty towns at the approach end of the runway in Mexico City that can approach the “third world dystopian nightmare” that infests San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Still having a hard time getting used to the green haired gauged freaks running around the Front Range though….

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Exactly correct. Denver and the surrounding environs are liberal, and pack the state legislature with liberal-voting representatives.
    Most of the rest of the state is a completely different place.
    Thank you so much for confirming. Im going to send some money to one of your guys 2A groups.

Sounds a lot like new mexico, cities blue and the rest red. Fuck even Texas seems that way now. My county is heavily red and I put my effort there.

I worked in CO a bit in the 70's around Colorado Springs, Durango and Alamosa. Absolutely loved that state. Been through the southern part of the state in the last 5 years. Still love it. If I didn't live in WA I would live in CO. It has some attractions for outdoor recreation that are hard to match. One has to weigh the trade offs which many of us will be faced with in the near future with the RKBA. There is no perfect state. CO has a lot going for it these days.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-26-2023 at 07:54 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sounds a lot like new mexico, cities blue and the rest red. Fuck even Texas seems that way now. My county is heavily red and I put my effort there.
    That is my take on Texas as well and one reason I didn’t make the move there. The cities are DEEP BLUE and at one point they will reach critical mass, gain control of the legislature and push their agenda like they have been doing in states like Colorado and Washington (and even Kalifornia).

And I like mountains………..

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That is my take on Texas as well and one reason I didn’t make the move there. The cities are DEEP BLUE and at one point they will reach critical mass, gain control of the legislature and push their agenda like they have been doing in states like Colorado and Washington (and even Kalifornia).

And I like mountains………..
    Idk that there is anywhere good anymore, maybe Florida. I does make me think a pump shotgun and some revolver skills would not be a wasted effort.

User Tag List