Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    They are not the only one listing the 1301 at a markup. Beretta lists MSRP for this model at $1509. Where did these guys come up with $1720?
    Right, but the leap from “retailer making up 1301” to “because of the a300UP” is a long one.

It’s been well over 20 years since I worked in a gun shop, but I know that back then we were often at the mercy of our distributors. Perhaps these retailers are being told something different.

It’s also e to rely possible that the beretta site is wrong. We keep hearing that the 1301 is going to have price increases.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Keep in mind that some retailers...especially online retailers...have a habit of putting pricing information out there that is below MAP.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It’s also e to rely possible that the beretta site is wrong. We keep hearing that the 1301 is going to have price increases.
    I bought my 1301 for $949 in late 2020. Today’s prices are around 40% higher, and often more than that.

I wonder what would justify yet another major price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I bought my 1301 for $949 in late 2020. Today’s prices are around 40% higher, and often more than that.
    A big part of the "1301 is better than the M4" mantra always was the price.

I am not saying the 1301 is not a good gun but the fact that it was half the price of the Benelli was a huge factor in it's popularity.

I think you bought a Gen 1 at the closeout price. The prices dropped into that range just before the Gen 2 came out.

We recalculate our overhead at the end of each year and depending on the impact, roll that into the next year's pricing. Energy went through the roof in Italy last year (I think there were some sectors were it tripled), so everything coming from over there got reevaluated for 2023.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    We recalculate our overhead at the end of each year and depending on the impact, roll that into the next year's pricing. Energy went through the roof in Italy last year (I think there were some sectors were it tripled), so everything coming from over there got reevaluated for 2023.
    On the business side, I think that's completely reasonable.

On the market side - the moderate disconnect between Beretta Italy and Beretta USA - means it looks like you guys are pushing the 1301 prices up, because the Yooper has hit the market.

I understand there are limited things you guys can do about that. But I don't think many Americans perceive a difference between "Beretta USA" and "Beretta Italy" - folks just tend to see "Beretta". So folks aren't drawing that particular distinction overall.

Of course the roll over begs the question - when energy prices go down, will the product prices go down as well?

__

For folks pointing out that the difference between a 1301 and M4 was half price. Y'all haven't priced M4s lately, have you? $2200 isn't an uncommon price. While the 1301 at $14-1500 isn't half the price, it is about 1/3rd less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    On the business side, I think that's completely reasonable.

On the market side - the moderate disconnect between Beretta Italy and Beretta USA - means it looks like you guys are pushing the 1301 prices up, because the Yooper has hit the market.

I understand there are limited things you guys can do about that. But I don't think many Americans perceive a difference between "Beretta USA" and "Beretta Italy" - folks just tend to see "Beretta". So folks aren't drawing that particular distinction overall.

Of course the roll over begs the question - when energy prices go down, will the product prices go down as well?

__

For folks pointing out that the difference between a 1301 and M4 was half price. Y'all haven't priced M4s lately, have you? $2200 isn't an uncommon price. While the 1301 at $14-1500 isn't half the price, it is about 1/3rd less expensive.
    Energy prices are off the chain in Europe. Close friends from Sweden tell me relatives are paying more for their monthly electric bill than their house payment.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I think you bought a Gen 1 at the closeout price. The prices dropped into that range just before the Gen 2 came out.
    No, I unfortunately missed the boat on those — wasn’t as clued in on shotguns at the time. My recollection is that those were around $6-700. Mine is a Gen 1.5 — it has the upgraded bolt release but no chokes. It was… difficult to find during the 2020 gun panic.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Energy prices are off the chain in Europe. Close friends from Sweden tell me relatives are paying more for their monthly electric bill than their house payment.
    Not to derail….. imagine when the US gov has control of the main source of energy after fossil is gone there will be no market forces……anywho

Sportsman’s Wear house has 1301t’s listed at $1600 ish

User Tag List