Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: TDA G26 equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    @Texaspoff? (Cold Bore Solutions)
    That’s it - thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I picked up the P30SK v1 today, and I’m impressed. Very, very impressed. It’s functionally the same size as a G26 but has a much more deliberate trigger stroke, especially after I swapped out the light TRS for heavy and heavy FPBS for light.

Hopefully I can get some range time in the next few days, but I’m thinking it won’t be until next week. Maybe Monday on the holiday.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 01-12-2023 at 06:43 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

One thing I’m trying is a NY-1 in the 26.5. I need to get it to the range, but it may be a solution to keeping my carry Glocks around.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One thing I’m trying is a NY-1 in the 26.5. I need to get it to the range, but it may be a solution to keeping my carry Glocks around.
    How do you like it in dry fire and are you using the stock connector? I couldn't get comfortable carrying the PX4CC due to the extra 1/4 lb pushing on an old injury and have gone back to my gen 5 19/26 and 42 all with SCDs. When I carried Gen3s many years ago I did like the NY-1 + 3lb connector setup.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    How do you like it in dry fire and are you using the stock connector? I couldn't get comfortable carrying the PX4CC due to the extra 1/4 lb pushing on an old injury and have gone back to my gen 5 19/26 and 42 all with SCDs. When I carried Gen3s many years ago I did like the NY-1 + 3lb connector setup.
    I like it a lot in dry fire so far. The connector is whatever came stock - a dot?
    Ken

This has certainly ended up in a different place. I have two options I’m trialing - a NY-1 in my existing G26, and a P30SK LEM.

Both have strong appeal:

• Both have the ability to thumb retain the hammer/SCD when reholstering. (Old PPC habits die hard.)
    • Both have an acceptable street trigger.
    • The HK has a slight edge for capacity, but the grip is slightly longer.
    • The HK is more configurable for hand size.
    • The HK is more natural pointing for me with no porpoising.
    • The Glock is slightly easier to direct mill for a RDS, and is cheaper to mill (already done on mine.)
    • With HK, there’s the warm feeling of knowing I suck and they hate me. (Will they ever live that down?)
    Ken

Today I shot the new P30SK TLG LEM alongside my G26.5 with NY-1. Damn, this is tough - but the HK was definitely less pain inducing. (I have a wrist pain thread going.) If I can figure out the RDS situation, I think the HK may be the winner for me.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    If I can figure out the RDS situation, I think the HK may be the winner for me.
    What are your considerations for the RDS?

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    What are your considerations for the RDS?
    I really prefer enclosed emitter, ACRO is a bit big for a P30SK, and my early experience with EPS is good. A LTT RDO cut is most likely with an EPS plate.
    Ken

I've had stellar results and accuracy with my RMRcc, if you are looking for a smaller platform.

Went with the 6.5 dot, which is way easier for me to see and use on a pistol. The window is obviously smaller than an RMR, but still very easy to use.
    But alas, it is not closed like you require.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List