Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Someday I’ll escape the imprisonment of a ban state, and I won’t have to “like” questions like this.
    I would not "like" a question like this because the answer is right there at the product page:
    "Magazine 10 -13"
    Also, I'm pretty sure it takes the old 10-rounders.

@zaitcev

I power-browsed the link but didn’t see a separate model/SKU for 10 rds.

I know Beretta still sells 10 rd Cheetah mags so hopefully it is coming.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Last edited by mwf; 01-14-2023 at 07:26 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Oh shit. Would be a very fun companion to my 85BB.

Edit: Update - Showing it to my fiancee, who loves the 85BB I have (late 1970s, beautiful bluing and wood grips) elicited an out loud gasp of "Oh, I WANT it!" when she saw the bronze one. Gonna take that as a go-ahead after the beta test round.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-14-2023 at 07:01 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Growing up in Brooklyn, I saw quite a few mafia murder scenes as a kid in the 80s. I was already a budding gun nerd, and when I watched an officer count 13 .380 casings (next to a guy who was deader than Hitler’s wife), I knew what the murder weapon was…

Very glad to see. Daughter wants to get concealed carry permit. Thought she wanted my S&W 640 Pro, but didn't like the trigger pull or recoil at range. Didn't like the SIG P365. Loved old Ruger MK II heavy barrel. Was thinking about a .22 revolver but concerned about the trigger pull. This might be the answer.

Banned
    Oh cool, a gun that won’t sell because it’s in .380

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Yes it's blowback. The safety is the up for safe, up again for decock. The design was refreshed from the ground up for durability, reliability, and easy of use, so parts compatibility is a tricky subject; I have a list, I need to make it consumer facing. We're doing a lot of flat back straps because it's much easier to add plastic, wood, or G10 than it is to remove metal. There will be wraparounds made for that gun, though not immediately at launch.

I'll be popping in to answer as I can, but with SHOT started for me (range day setup this weekend), I'll be tied up.

Do these take the original mags and barrels? If so is it possible to get 81 barrels offered and then I can get some 81 mags and have the pistol I should have bought when I saw it at Buds Gun Shop a couple years ago.
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...2+acp+bru+12rd

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Do these take the original mags and barrels? If so is it possible to get 81 barrels offered and then I can get some 81 mags and have the pistol I should have bought when I saw it at Buds Gun Shop a couple years ago.
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...2+acp+bru+12rd
    Sorry to say, but no. For the durability and reliability engineering changes, they had to modify the feed angle and barrel height/ location. I was disappointed when I found out that happened, but it was for a legitimate cause.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    Oh cool, a gun that won’t sell because it’s in .380
    Bro, the edgy drive-by comment schtick is pretty tiresome? Does it hurt to contribute any positivity? Or is the troll pursuit just that rewarding?

To the thread, any “watch outs” or other cautions for the Cheetah series historically?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Oh shit. Would be a very fun companion to my 85BB.

Edit: Update - Showing it to my fiancee, who loves the 85BB I have (late 1970s, beautiful bluing and wood grips) elicited an out loud gasp of "Oh, I WANT it!" when she saw the bronze one. Gonna take that as a go-ahead after the beta test round.
    Honestly, the bronze isn’t too bad for eyes.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List