Page 111 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1294

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Correct, that's why I limited the part I quoted from your post to the USPSA part. I don't compete in those events, but it would seem unlikely folks are using retention holsters in USPSA.
    Right after posting I re-read your reply and realized what you’d quoted, lol. Thank you!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Solid suggestions for general OWB, but none of them have active retention. So I assume those three would work for USPSA (I’m not sure, I’ve never been to a USPSA match), but lack the active retention commonly desired when you’re rolling around at a Tac type match (Tiger Valley, Desert Brutality, 2-Gun, etc.). I’ll look at those three for USPSA, but if anyone has an active retention suggestion, please let me know!
    For my PX4 and PX4CC, I use a JMCK Engima Shell AIWB for EDC, IDPA, and USPSA, and a basic Safariland ALS for jungle warrior type stuff like 2 gun hiking matches like Guardian and Heartbreak, etc. DME Holsters also makes active retention holsters for a PX4.

ETA: Missed the RDO part. I think DME could still make what you want though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Who did the stippling on that Beretta? Looks well executed.
    I have a friend who does professional grade work. Super happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Beretta needs to have the guy who turned the Nano grip into the APX Carry grip go to work on the PX4 grip (but minus the straight-front trigger guard!). Do that, and any other changes such as more contemporary slide serrations and RDO cuts are icing on the cake.
    That was me. I'm still here and have been pushing for it since my legitimate EDC is a PX4.

For timing on any update, for better or worse the PX4 has some international LE contracts in it's current configuration, which requires it to stay as-is for now. We also have a LOT of other irons in the fire as y'all will start to see in January. End of the day, we don't have unlimited resources (far from it). It's on the radar, but I wouldn't wait for it.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    That was me. I'm still here and have been pushing for it since my legitimate EDC is a PX4.

For timing on any update, for better or worse the PX4 has some international LE contracts in it's current configuration, which requires it to stay as-is for now. We also have a LOT of other irons in the fire as y'all will start to see in January. End of the day, we don't have unlimited resources (far from it). It's on the radar, but I wouldn't wait for it.
    A superb job you did, sir. My "NanX" is a delightful hybrid due to the APX Carry grip.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post

Annnyyy hints on what's coming in January? Not a PX4 and the 92 has already been seeing a lot of love lately with the 92X RDO, A4, and Carry Optics...

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Annnyyy hints on what's coming in January? Not a PX4 and the 92 has already been seeing a lot of love lately with the 92X RDO, A4, and Carry Optics...
    Hmmmm.... I am confident one or more of the launches will cost members on this forum (myself included) to spend money? Every external NDAed source who we've shared our work with (some of whom are pretty active here) have given the plans and or prototypes they saw one or more thumbs up. I think we're going to make a lot of people happy at SHOT. Not gonna get into any more detail than that right now, but post-SHOT, I'll be happy to answer all the questions.

TLDR: nope
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Oh, fu*k me.

Remember how I decided to pass on a PX4CC based on the used PX4s I handled in a local store?

Well, this morning I ran out from the hospital for a sec to get snacks and poked my head in at a pawnshop. They had a well beat Compact with Talon grips that I checked out, and the tape makes all the difference in the world. I wouldn’t buy this one, but with the current rebate…

(I know this is potential stress buying, but what the hell.)

What are the differences between a retail Compact Carry and a CC from Langdon - the trigger job?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oh, fu*k me.

Remember how I decided to pass on a PX4CC based on the used PX4s I handled in a local store?

Well, this morning I ran out from the hospital for a sec to get snacks and poked my head in at a pawnshop. They had a well beat Compact with Talon grips that I checked out, and the tape makes all the difference in the world. I wouldn’t buy this one, but with the current rebate…

(I know this is potential stress buying, but what the hell.)

What are the differences between a retail Compact Carry and a CC from Langdon - the trigger job?
    Yep, the trigger job. I got my retail CC from EuroOptic and put an LTT spring and OP trigger bar in it, then I have a non LTT Full with an LTT TJIAB.

Is the pawnshop one a Compact, or a Compact Carry???

I have a modified PX4C with a lot of the Langdony stuff - sights, grip tape, slim deocking levers, Beretta competition trigger upgrades. I got a good deal on it as modified and it is a superb pistol.

User Tag List