Page 312 of 384 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3837

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Cons: once you've put it where you want it and calibrated it, it's too fragile to move. You should only use a feather duster to clean it.
    Every Atmos I have seen was under a bell jar. Even the lookalike imitations.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

A gentleman who I’ve never met just sent me his Sinn U2 to check out. I’m humbled.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A gentleman who I’ve never met just sent me his Sinn U2 to check out. I’m humbled.
    Wow. That's crazy. I'd love to hear the backstory and anxiously await your thoughts on the watch. Seems I'm the odd man out preferring the U2 over the U50.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Wow. That's crazy. I'd love to hear the backstory and anxiously await your thoughts on the watch. Seems I'm the odd man out preferring the U2 over the U50.
    I’ll report back after. I really like the idea of the U2 and can use the UST function, but the potential size scares me a little. It’s not a watch I could ever order without trying one first.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    So I’m getting close to purchasing another watch. Looking for anyone with experience or recommendations. Dive watch tool watches. Due to the laughable unavailability of Rolexes (Submariner and Sea Dweller), I’m looking strongly at the Omega Planet Ocean. I’ve worn a Rolex GMT Master, then a Breitling Aerospace. I’m currently going through a Seiko dive watch phase, wearing a Prospex Samurai Save the Ocean with blue face. I like the 44mm size, I like the metal bracelet (the tag end on rubber dive straps snags on crap and annoys me), I like the weight of a stainless watch. The Breitling titanium was almost too light. I like an automatic watch vice a quartz watch. I like the GMT function for flying. Transparent case back a plus to see the movement.

All this said, anyone have experience with the Omega Planet Ocean? Is a 16mm (17mm for GMT model) watch too thick? Did you bang it into crap all the time? My current Seiko Samurai is only 13mm thick. I’m on the fence regarding bracelet or rubber strap with deployant clasp.

I’ve tried on the 43mm Planet Ocean on a strap and on a bracelet, the Planet Ocean Deep Black with the 45mm ceramic case on a strap. Have not found the GMT PO 43mm x 17mm on a bracelet to try. Bonus points to the current Planet Ocean with black and orange on a rubber strap for Pistol Forum colors. The current GMT version is a bland black and white.

My local boutiques and dealers are hit or miss on inventory. If I have to go to Chrono24 or other online sources, and recommendations to use or avoid? Words of wisdom?

Current Seiko:
    Attachment 95929

Planet Ocean
    Attachment 95930

Planet Ocean GMT
    Attachment 95931
    Follow-up on this post.

I visited a few Omega dealers, and was able to try on the 43mm Planet Ocean, and Planet Ocean GMT. The bezel and caseback are the same for both watches, the thickness difference is in the case itself. The GMT has a slightly thicker/deeper case. The GMT seemed very wearable, and I did not mind the stark black/white coloring. I guess I’m just waiting to find a good price now.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Omega used to be a brand that you could get with a bit of a discount (10-20%) from an AD all day long.

I’d that still the case in your area?

20-35% can still be had on the grey market i.e. Jomashop.

Keep us in the loop and best of luck.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Rolex AD waiting lists actually work.
    New acquisition - I like how the light plays on the watch face/bezel:

My EDC for the past 3 years:

The loaner arrived today, just wow:

Name:  6A8D624F-1E55-4487-AAF0-612D43200D9F.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  55.2 KB

It wears big, but not too big. The thickness is more of a concern than the diameter. The heft is exquisite.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Rolex AD waiting lists actually work.
    New acquisition - I like how the light plays on the watch face/bezel:

My EDC for the past 3 years:
    Congrats! How long were you on the list for the DJ?

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Congrats! How long were you on the list for the DJ?
    Thank you. Approximately 2.5 months. I actually meant to get 126200, but apparently put down 126234 instead. This one of the new 2022 models.

User Tag List