Page 338 of 346 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Went to the range to finally break-in my duplicate "go-to G19" and a 43X MOS. G5.19MOS is all OEM internally with a 407c on a FCD plate, Ameriglo suppressor sights, and a TLR7a. The 19 was delightful and made me look like a good shooter. Put 250 rounds of WWB and S&B 115 through it. Also a 33 rounder with a hodgepodge of JHPs from GDs, HSTs, Silvertips, Hydra-shoks, and Hornady older JHPs with the blackened cases. Did experience brass to face..... from the force of extracted cases bouncing off the range dividers.

The 43x MOS.... I have such a love-hate relationship with this pistol. It is OEM with Ameriglo Defoors and a TLR7Sub. It was accurate, I love the ergonomics of holding it, but 50 rounds was enough. The trigger had developed a blister on my trigger finger in less than 30 rounds despite having shot nearly 300 rounds through the 19 with no effect. The recoil also slams the grip right into a the joint between my thumb and index finger. The grip also prints more than my P365(x), so I'm thinking of sending the 43x MOS out to pasture for a Gen5 26 MOS when they become available for the US (or another G5.19MOS cut down to a 26 magwell).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    What is the consensus on running a 5 lb striker spring with a dot connector?
    -i run federal, winchester white box and remington for range ammo and speer gold dot for SD load.

Currently running apex tactical performance connector, gives a nice rolling break. The dot connector gives a much crisper wall ( to me).

Thanks in advance for the info

Steve
    Both my G19 and G45 are running Gen 5 OEM internals. I did install the Vickers Flat Trigger. I polished both with a felt wheel and jewelers rouge, no grinding filing etc. Both give an average of a 4.3 lb trigger on my Lyman digital gauge.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I'm trying to get back to a pistol that I can put a red dot on. I was happy with my third gen G19 prior to my nerve injury, but went to the P250 because I needed the longer trigger stroke and a more rolling break. Light striker actions are fine when that's what I'm concentrating on, but I wasn't sure I'd be safe under extreme stress. It's a long story. But P250 is no go for a dot. I've tried pretty much every spring and connector combo for the gen 3 and while I can get something tolerable, non are optimal. And after some years have passed, my sense of what I can manipulate has evolved somewhat.

I handled a gen 5 G19 yesterday at Scheels. I was pretty happy with how the trigger behaved, and it might be workable for me with enough reps. While not a rolling break, the break is at least more rollingish. Is this an accurate impression of the gen 5 trigger? I'm tempted to give it a go, and I'm also tempted to try it with a NY1 spring to get just a little more resistance. Would the NY1 alter the rollingish break? Web searching shows that Glock is making a NY1 for the gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    The trigger had developed a blister on my trigger finger in less than 30 rounds despite having shot nearly 300 rounds through the 19 with no effect. The recoil also slams the grip right into a the joint between my thumb and index finger. The grip also prints more than my P365(x), so I'm thinking of sending the 43x MOS out to pasture for a Gen5 26 MOS when they become available for the US (or another G5.19MOS cut down to a 26 magwell).
    They're a little hard to find for the slim line guns, but I put a smooth faced OEM trigger and trigger bar in my G48 and G43 and it's worlds better, for me. I can't stand the serrated triggers.

Vending Machine Operator
    Finally picked up my Glock 22 Gen 5 MOS. I had ordered a set of Trijicon Bright & Toughs (no immediate optics plans, just wanted MOS for the option) but they arrived damaged from MidwayUSA, front sight was missing its white ring, so back they went last week. Waiting on my replacement set and I'll pop them on. Once I've had some time to shoot it I'll report back with pics and talk about how it handles .40 S&W as compared to my PX4 and M&P40, and how it feels next to a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS.

Immediate first impressions, the thicker slide is immediately apparent but obnoxious/top heavy as I had been worried about. There's certainly more bulk there but it's nothing stark. Also the Gen 5 barrels actually say .40 S&W instead of just .40 like (as far as I know) all prior .40 Glocks. Not sure why. Extra safety layer so it doesn't get mixed up with .45-marked barrels?

The rest is as you'd expect from a Gen 5 Glock in terms of finish, trigger, etc.

Edit: To add some context, I didn't necessarily have a reason for picking this gun up other than the fact that I have a large supply of .40 still and I like the Gen 5 Glocks, but that being said if it preforms as well as my G17G5 has for me I can see it supplanting my Detroit Police unissued M&P40 as my field handgun. The M&P is great but a stock Gen 5 trigger runs circles around a stock Gen 1 M&P trigger. The only downside is that I'll be more reluctant to beat up my Glock because it was about $250 more, but that's a stupid reason and I'm sure a Glock can take whatever suburbanite "rough outdoors" treatment I subject it to.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 09-09-2022 at 05:14 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The trigger on my Gen-5 M17 started with a good rolling trigger. Now it has become very inconsistent, sometimes really smooth, sometimes really gritty with a hitch in the the first 1/4 to1/3d of trigger pull.

Everything else about it is better than my Gen-3 19 and 17 which have short crisp consistent triggers but are a bit heavy. The slightly smaller grip and better textures are big improvements for me with the Gen-5, the trigger not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    The trigger on my Gen-5 M17 started with a good rolling trigger. Now it has become very inconsistent, sometimes really smooth, sometimes really gritty with a hitch in the the first 1/4 to1/3d of trigger pull.

Everything else about it is better than my Gen-3 19 and 17 which have short crisp consistent triggers but are a bit heavy. The slightly smaller grip and better textures are big improvements for me with the Gen-5, the trigger not so much.
    Have you tried doing a deep clean and re-lubing it with grease (not oil)?

I find that Glock triggers require thorough lubing in order to give a smooth pull, and that grease is more consistent than any oil, since it does not run off.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Have you tried doing a deep clean and re-lubing it with grease (not oil)?

I find that Glock triggers require thorough lubing in order to give a smooth pull, and that grease is more consistent than any oil, since it does not run off.
    Where are you applying grease - the usual places?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Apart from grease on the trigger bar/connector area, you can try putting a tiny bit of grease in the clasp/stirrup of the trigger return spring, where the trigger bar mates with the clasp. I think I first read about it in these forums, but it does help clean up that hitch. It worked on my own G17.5 as well my 43X.

I had the same issue around the 10,000 round mark on my 34.5. Ultimately, I replaced the striker assembly, and cleaned out the striker channel which cleaned up my trigger significantly. I think I threw a new firing pin safety as well. That, coupled with tw25 between the trigger bar and the connector has improved my trigger pull. I periodically clean out the striker channel now.

User Tag List