Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Load of BUL!

Witness holes at seven, fourteen and nineteen. Mags are pretty darned packed at 19. You'd probably be happier with 18 while doing tac reloads.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have a couple BUL Armory 9mm Commanders and they run great. Hopefully this will too.

Proprietary mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Proprietary mags?
    Yes.

The BUL mags are $55 but seem to be perpetually out of stock.

MBX mags made for the BUL are supposed to fit and work great but are $125 a whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yes.

The BUL mags are $55 but seem to be perpetually out of stock.

MBX mags made for the BUL are supposed to fit and work great but are $125 a whack.

That's absolutely horrible. Do any other 2011 magazines work? Magazines and real world users have been the only thing stopping me. I look at 5 magazines as a bare minimum.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    That's absolutely horrible. Do any other 2011 magazines work? Magazines and real world users have been the only thing stopping me. I look at 5 magazines as a bare minimum.

Reality check.

$55 is comparable to quality metal mags for many striker guns like SIG and HK and higher end 1911 mags. “Other” 2011 mags are similarly priced or higher.

Glock (and Magpul Glock) mag prices are an anomaly, not the norm.

Check out the Humble Marksman’s channel on YouTube. He’s had good things to say about BUL 2011s.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post

There have been a few people over on Brian Enos who've been able to adapt the Staccato grip frame to the BUL. It probably isn't too terribly hard to do. But that probably only makes sense if you already have a stash of STI mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    There have been a few people over on Brian Enos who've been able to adapt the Staccato grip frame to the BUL. It probably isn't too terribly hard to do. But that probably only makes sense if you already have a stash of STI mags.

I think I'd want to stick with the OEM Bul mags. It still seems like there are issues here and there with the Staccatos, but then again all platforms have their issues. It would just be nice to get a pile of magazines for $55.00 as opposed to $125.00.

Anything I buy becomes a money pit [emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Reality check.

CZ, Beretta and BHP mags run around $20-$25 easy. Established designs? Yes… but they’re closer in price to Glock mags than HK mags. So Glock mags, CZ mags, BHP mags, Beretta mags, 1911 mags, some S&W M&P 9 mags, hell, AR15 magazines prices are the anomaly… right. I agreed with the first part of your post but the second part needed a reality check of its own.

Thanks for the info OP, very cool gun!
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    CZ, Beretta and BHP mags run around $20-$25 easy. Established designs? Yes… but they’re closer in price to Glock mags than HK mags. So Glock mags, CZ mags, BHP mags, Beretta mags, 1911 mags, some S&W M&P 9 mags, hell, AR15 magazines prices are the anomaly… right. I agreed with the first part of your post but the second part needed a reality check of its own.

Thanks for the info OP, very cool gun!
    What you’re missing is that magazine prices for all those designs are/were subsidized by large contracts with military and police agencies from around the world. Also, all of those magazines have been in production for at least 30+ years. Scale of manufacturing and return on investment is a thing.

A company can’t afford to design and buy the tooling (dies, mandrels presses etc) for a niche product pistol that is never going to be sold in the numbers of the pistols/rifle you mentioned and then not be able to make their money back by charging too little to cover the loans they took out to start up manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Reality check.

$55 is comparable to quality metal mags for many striker guns like SIG and HK and higher end 1911 mags. “Other” 2011 mags are similarly priced or higher.

Check out the Humble Marksman’s channel on YouTube. He’s had good things to say about BUL 2011s.
    I pay $35-ish for HK and CZ and $20-something for Sig and Beretta. Never paid close to $50 for any mags.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List