Page 125 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1902

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Updates from the range regarding the Gen 2.5/3 vs. Gen5. Impression: If you increase the friction between the hand and the grip, the presence of finger grooves is less important.

I shot The Test on a B8 with the 26.5 cold. The group was visibly tighter than the older gun's. It would have been a 99 (6x) but not for me shanking one into the 8 ring. Totally on me. Time was 8.07. The newly stippled grip seemed more secure than the older gun when I added a little more grip pressure. This was with the "naked" grip which is smaller than the 2.5/3. Mechanical function was on point with all the brass being flung into oblivion.

Next up was the older gun. This was a 98 (3x) in 9.17.

So.... all factors considered, the addition of the stippling to the 26.5 seem to provide a slight performance edge over the finger grooved guns (for me). Mechanically, the Gen 5 guns are somewhat better (to me) than the older guns by virtue of the fact that the extractor maintains more consistent control of the empty all the way to the ejector. They do not rely upon the top round in the magazine to assist with ejection.

I think I will hang on to the 26.5 and add a set of Heinie sights to see whats what. I'll hold off on reinstalling the mid sized back strap and I'll post more experiences as they are gathered.

As an interesting side note... The theme of my all too short range session was "two-finger" guns. As such, I felt the need to try a similar test with the G43. This particular gun was stippled by the same dude that did the others. He used a finer point iron to create a finer texture. I used the "Half test" as the metric. 5 in 5 from 10. 50 possible points on a B8

Here it is explained:

Scored a 50 in 4.97. Numeric score wise this was better than both of the G26s. I was not expecting this at all. It's a more competent gun that its size suggests but it is not a "sure" as the G26s when it comes to manipulations like slide lock reloads. No sure this is such a big deal based on its niche role but it is a notable difference. The texture really helps maintain a grip on the little beast. Mechanically it was as good as the 26.5,

More to follow...
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I’m thinking about buying a G26.5 after I sold my gen4 which was very disappointing (constant BTF drove me nuts). I planned to buy a Glock gadget but they seem to be OOS. Anyone know if they will ever come back in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    I’m thinking about buying a G26.5 after I sold my gen4 which was very disappointing (constant BTF drove me nuts). I planned to buy a Glock gadget but they seem to be OOS. Anyone know if they will ever come back in stock?
    I think tau closed up shop. There was some talk about Langdon or someone else picking up where they left off but as of right now I don't think they are in production.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sunday afternoon, I spent a few hours shooting Timmie drills with Darryl, running a 365XL. I was impressed how well it shot, and I attribute that to the longer grip.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I think tau closed up shop. There was some talk about Langdon or someone else picking up where they left off but as of right now I don't think they are in production.

Darn. There goes my future G26 purchase. I won't carry one without the SCD.

Darn. There goes my future G26 purchase. I won't carry one without the SCD.
    They are out there if you look. Post an ad here.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sunday afternoon, I spent a few hours shooting Timmie drills with Darryl, running a 365XL. I was impressed how well it shot, and I attribute that to the longer grip.
    It better with your 115gr bullets and $300 customized grip.

If you shot a G26 side by side you’d notice much less recoil. It’s really not even close.

I have less recoil holding onto a G26 with two fingers than a P365XL full grip.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Where are you guys getting these from? I ordered a couple from Glockmeister, but its been 8 days, and they have not charged my card, shipped, or sent me a notice of backorder, so I'm looking for alternate sources that ship a little faster. I did see that I can order from Pearce direct, and maybe that is what I need to do, but $16+ to have it shipped ( single item ) is holding me up.
    Dack outdoors has them listed in stock for $5.99. The problem with DACK is shipping takes sometimes longer than 30 days. I believe they drop ship from RSR. Also, the picture listed sometimes doesn't match the product.

https://dackoutdoors.com/product/pea...product_detail

No affiliation with them. I have ordered 3 times and had to cancel on order 3 because it just took too long.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    They are out there if you look. Post an ad here.
    Is there a specific sub forum I should post an ad to where I am looking for anyone that wishes to sell a SCD? I didn’t see a marketplace sub forum for users to post, but maybe that’s because I don’t have enough posts to gain access? Thank you!

Is there a specific sub forum I should post an ad to where I am looking for anyone that wishes to sell a SCD? I didn’t see a marketplace sub forum for users to post, but maybe that’s because I don’t have enough posts to gain access? Thank you!
    It’s restricted to Supporting Members, that’s why you can’t see it. A benefit of supporting the site.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List