Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor Zero

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    It’s the last belt you’ll need.

It’s the best belt there is. It’s everything you need and nothing you don’t.

I’ve been wearing the prototypes for two years. The webbing is superior and the buckle just flat out works. I can hang the belt over a chin up bar, lock the buckle in and chin myself with it. It doesn’t slip.

I usually teach the live fire portion of ECQC wearing two holsters, one appendix and one OWB so I can demo two different positions. Plus the pistol or SIRT I’m using plus ear pro, and maybe a spare mag or two. Zero issues with supporting that weight inside or outside.

Most people when they look at it are fairly non-plussed; “Oh……that’s it?”

Which is why it’s brilliant.

As soon as the demand calms down some what, Jeff and I may very well do a ShivWorks edition much like the ShivWorks iterations of the Tenicor holsters that are grey and all come with the T1 loop made for Jeff exclusively by DCC. We’ll see. Regardless I carry Tenicor support equipment exclusively and we offer it from ShivWorks Products Group. There’s not a single piece of gear Jeff designs that doesn’t have Rain Man level thought and attention to detail behind it. Plus Jeff trains and I’ve known him for 12 years. Jeff and Tenicor pass the good dude barometer and I’m pleased that we have brand affiliation and a professional and personal relationship.
    1) my belt arrives any day, can't wait.

2) would it be possible to have a version that has Velcro loop on the outer face of the Zero, so you can slap an outer belt, competition or duty, right over the top.

3) there is probably a joke in there, about you and Jeff being an item.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Jeff is a handsome man. 🤷🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    How have the people you know have been testing these been carrying spare magazines? I tried a Raven Lictor Double Magazine carrier today and it didn't work well as in it wanted to roll outboard away from body and tend to print more.
    Most people are using this for IWB holsters and IWB mag pouch carry. This is where it excels. I'm not aware of any specific OWB tests with products other than the ARX holster and the FERO2 mag pouch with these two products it works very well. It will be hard to find another OWB mag pouch that when paired with a ZERO belt will carry the magazine closer to the body. Of course this is all meant for low profile concealment and putting a 20+ round Glock mag in it probably won't work well at all.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) my belt arrives any day, can't wait.

2) would it be possible to have a version that has Velcro loop on the outer face of the Zero, so you can slap an outer belt, competition or duty, right over the top.

Loop velcro inner belt version is in process. No ETA of course as we don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Jeff is a handsome man. 🤷🏻*♂️
    Well thank you sir! Just not very well dressed, so Mr. SouthNarc has never asked me a on a date.

We all have something to aspired to!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    Most people are using this for IWB holsters and IWB mag pouch carry. This is where it excels. I'm not aware of any specific OWB tests with products other than the ARX holster and the FERO2 mag pouch with these two products it works very well. It will be hard to find another OWB mag pouch that when paired with a ZERO belt will carry the magazine closer to the body. Of course this is all meant for low profile concealment and putting a 20+ round Glock mag in it probably won't work well at all.
    Good points, I had a feeling people were using IWB mag carriers with it. I must admit to never actually trying IWB mag carriers because ..... "I don't know why?". I guess now would be an appropriate time to try something new, I've also been eyeing your FERO2 for a while and made the mistake of going with a JMCK OWB carrier set which isn't exactly what I was hoping for in some small ways. I hate having a mag carrier that is pistol specific, just seems ridiculous considering they are all very similar dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    Loop velcro inner belt version is in process. No ETA of course as we don't do that.
    As someone that transitions every day between range, edc and dry fire, that belt would be my 100 percent solution.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How does the sizing compare to MM belts? Order same size?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

My biggest hurdle so far is donning the Tenicor AIWB mag pouch with DCC clip. I want to clip it over the tail under the belt. Is there a better way? Maybe I should do it before tightening the belt?

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    My belt arrive today and it is getting a tentative thumbs up.

I would not call myself a fanboy but rather a lazyboy. Once I find things that work, I tend to stick with them. I have stuck with Glock because they boringly work for me. When I pull the trigger, I have a good idea of what comes next. I am too lazy to invest a bunch of time in a new platform. Glocks work for me and I am good with that.

Tenicor, like Glock, makes things that are simple, strong and work. I have a bunch of their holsters and the Zero belt appears to follow these lines.

I have about 12 hours on the belt so far but it is comfortable, easy to adjust, no velcro noise and holds it setting.

I have not tried OWB, but won't be surprised if that is a no-go. The suppleness of the belt does not seem made for OWB carry but great for IWB.

It will be back on tomorrow and if anything changes I will post an update.

Thanks Tenicor for keeping me lazy.

User Tag List