Page 85 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Milling to a RMR footprint offers the most flexibility, and the Holosun 508T is my favorite open emitter EDC optic currently available.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've considered milling for an MOS plate or similar, then running a CHPWS or other aftermarket plate.

I'll probably ask about that next time I get one done.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Milling to a RMR footprint offers the most flexibility, and the Holosun 508T is my favorite open emitter EDC optic currently available.
    Thanks, George. The features and reviews do look very good. And if it turns out to be problematic, at least a tried and true RMR2 can be swapped in.

Do you prefer red or green? All of my RDS on carbines are red. However I have a very strong preference for a green fiber, and I like the green Holosun I have on my 1301.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks, George. The features and reviews do look very good. And if it turns out to be problematic, at least a tried and true RMR2 can be swapped in.

Do you prefer red or green? All of my RDS on carbines are red. However I have a very strong preference for a green fiber, and I like the green Holosun I have on my 1301.
    Green is good in the desert but has less contrast where there is foliage, like lots of AK and MT.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I am kind of getting geared up to swap everything red dot over to ACRO V2s with direct milling. I realize this isn't a CZ specific question, but would that be a good option for @Clusterfrack given how wet his environment is, and his desire to not do this twice?

My understanding is that the ACRO mounting system is pretty much the best out there, but that is purely from reading and not experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I am kind of getting geared up to swap everything red dot over to ACRO V2s with direct milling. I realize this isn't a CZ specific question, but would that be a good option for @Clusterfrack given how wet his environment is, and his desire to not do this twice?

My understanding is that the ACRO mounting system is pretty much the best out there, but that is purely from reading and not experience.
    The Acro2 does look really good--at least on paper. I very much like the idea of an enclosed optic, and track record of Aimpoint >> Holosun in general.

However, I'm not sure the Acro will fit on a P-07 with BUIS.

Also: what are the opinions on rear BUIS behind vs. in front of the RDS? I'm way more used to seeing it behind, so that's the way I would tend to go...

The CZ custom trigger came today. It should be noted, as mentioned elsewhere, that they don't call this a "flat" trigger but a "straight" trigger for a reason. The face is noticeably rounded. Overall it seems nice though it's really stretching to try and get any feel for it not being mounted on the gun. I did a rough alignment with the trigger pins and I don't see how it doesn't increase trigger reach a fair amount. Obviously I'll know more when I get it mounted.

I am actually pretty happy with the combat trigger from cgw and therefore am probably going to be lethargic in getting this dropped in. Once I do, I'll report back. But for now here are a few pics of the trigger up close. It was hard to get a picture while simultaneously attempting to line up the trigger pins so take those with a large grain of salt.

Name:  IMG_20210817_115515.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20210817_115540.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20210817_115801.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  40.8 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I am actually pretty happy with the combat trigger from cgw
    Do you have a comparison of the CGW trigger to the OEM? Does it change the reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Do you have a comparison of the CGW trigger to the OEM? Does it change the reach?
    I'll try and get some comparison shots tomorrow.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

Unfortunately, with pistol mounted optics, Aimpoint has not yet earned our trust such that a reasonable person would rely on them. Slow to introduce the legacy Acro, misled us on battery life, took forever to intro the P2, and the units are still not reasonably available. I love the Acro but the company needs to step up and show they are serious about pistol optics.

User Tag List