Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear kydex sheaths for ESEE Candiru & Izula

Site Supporter
    Got my sheath today, still no knife.

Site Supporter
    Here's some pic's of my Candiru in a Dark Star Sheath. I took VolGrad's advice and dyed the micarta grips with black Rit dye. I've been wearing it for close to a week all the time except at work (no weapons for those 40 hours a week). For reference the pistol is a Gen4 G19 in a JM Custom AIWB, reload is in a BMC. Belt is a Volund Gearworks Atlas.

Attachment 1220

Attachment 1221

Attachment 1222

Attachment 1223

Good pics!

I've been carrying my Candiru in the Dark Star Sheath since I got it Saturday. I also have an Atlas belt.

It works really well. It's always there, and never in the way. Complete invisible under a polo shirt. I wore it to dinner tonight with some friends, and I can confirm it was the classiest way to slice the end off a Liga Privada cigar.

Dark Star will have some more customers in the near future.

Thanks to Up1911Fan! I carry a Moore BOB every day, but this is a nice little blade.

Great pics. Since I got the Dark Star sheaths my favorite Izula is my constant companion on the belt or in the slick sheath in a pocket.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-22-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of Izula for the 10th time
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Only reason I sold it was I found the handle on the Candiru to be to short. I've been carrying an Izula in a DSG sheath since then.

I had Dark Star build me a specialized P'kal sheath - definitely rose to the challenge.

I definitely need to order one of these sheaths. I have this lonely Izula II just sitting there...

A big thanks to VolGrad for starting this thread.

After reading this thread I ordered a few sheaths from Dark Star. I carried an Izula II for a while until I lucked into a BOB a couple weeks ago. I moved the pull dot from the Dark Star sheath to the BOB sheath with no issues. If I decide to keep the BOB I'll order another set of sheaths.

Jay, any details on the specialized pikal? I'm thinking of having one made closer to the Izula OAL.

It's a sheath designed for a P'kal with the blade locked open and the wave opener removed. I'm still experimenting with it and haven't given Tom any feedback - yet.

I can put a pic or two up later.

User Tag List