Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo I-Dot or Trijicon HD

Question

Question for you ppl with the HD (or similar) sights.

1. What is the width of the front sight and the rear notch?
    2. I assume for speed shooting you guys are putting the front dot over the target as far as sight picture?
    3. Do you guys still use a traditional "split the target with front blade" sight picture for slow/precision shooting?

I'm tempted to try something along the lines of Trij HD, currently have plain black iron sights on my guns and aim with the top of the front blade. I find this to be accurate, but slower than using the "line up the dots" approach, especially in less than perfect lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
    Question for you ppl with the HD (or similar) sights.

1. What is the width of the front sight and the rear notch?
    2. I assume for speed shooting you guys are putting the front dot over the target as far as sight picture?
    3. Do you guys still use a traditional "split the target with front blade" sight picture for slow/precision shooting?

I'm tempted to try something along the lines of Trij HD, currently have plain black iron sights on my guns and aim with the top of the front blade. I find this to be accurate, but slower than using the "line up the dots" approach, especially in less than perfect lighting.
    Have HD Trijicons on my Sig P228 Front .150 rear notch .165. sight front to rear 5.375
    Glock 19 Front .150 rear notch .170 sight front to rear distance 5.75 inches
    Both guns appear to have the same sight picture (equal space around front sight when looking thrugh rear sight.
    Accorging to trijicon the sights are set up to hit poi and poa with dot of front sight on poi. Ameriglows are also set up this way.
    I like the trijicons much better because of the u shaped rear notch. The Sights are very easy to line up. With all my sigs I had my sights set up like you with top of front sight set on poi. These are all carry guns so adjusting my sight picture I dont beleive will be a big deal. Also depending on the ammo this might not be necessary. I have a lot of testing to do. Hopes this info helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RM686 View Post
    Have HD Trijicons on my Sig P228 Front .150 rear notch .165. sight front to rear 5.375
    Glock 19 Front .150 rear notch .170 sight front to rear distance 5.75 inches
    Both guns appear to have the same sight picture (equal space around front sight when looking thrugh rear sight.
    Accorging to trijicon the sights are set up to hit poi and poa with dot of front sight on poi. Ameriglows are also set up this way.
    I like the trijicons much better because of the u shaped rear notch. The Sights are very easy to line up. With all my sigs I had my sights set up like you with top of front sight set on poi. These are all carry guns so adjusting my sight picture I dont beleive will be a big deal. Also depending on the ammo this might not be necessary. I have a lot of testing to do. Hopes this info helps.
    Thanks, it does.

Just thought I would bump this thread and ask those with experience with Ameriglo CAPs (with a pro op rear) and Trijicon HDs on Glocks, which sight setup has the least sharp edges?

I carry AIWB without a undershirt and do not like how sharp Warrens Tacticals are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    Just thought I would bump this thread and ask those with experience with Ameriglo CAPs (with a pro op rear) and Trijicon HDs on Glocks, which sight setup has the least sharp edges?

I carry AIWB without a undershirt and do not like how sharp Warrens Tacticals are.
    I had the Amerigos which were rounded at the edges whih I did not like at all. At the reage light comimg from the side glanced off the side and made the sight look lop sided because the other side was in the shade. I switch to the Trijicons HD which have a sharper edge but flat to side lighting. I swithched to Trijiocn on my Glock which had the ameriglows as well as my Sig P228. All my holsters IWB have body sheilds since I live in a warm humid climate FL. Is these sight were pressing against your skin I think their may be a problem. They do have sharp edges.

Just got some sets of I-Dot Pros for shake down, both orange and yellow fronts.

Mounted one set on my EDC G26 (gen4), and am seeing rounds start to climb out at 15yds (+1"), 25yds (+2"), give or take. Is this normal? Shooting AE 124 FMJ, Speer Lawman 115 FMJ, Speer GDHP 124.

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Just got some sets of I-Dot Pros for shake down, both orange and yellow fronts.

Mounted one set on my EDC G26 (gen4), and am seeing rounds start to climb out at 15yds (+1"), 25yds (+2"), give or take. Is this normal? Shooting AE 124 FMJ, Speer Lawman 115 FMJ, Speer GDHP 124.
    I would call the company. I had them on nmy G19 with no problems shooting at 10 meter range or 33 feet poi =poa

Quote Originally Posted by RM686 View Post
    I would call the company. I had them on nmy G19 with no problems shooting at 10 meter range or 33 feet poi =poa
    Thanks for the reply. I was shooting POA at 7 and 10yds without a problem with the loads I had, and the 15/25 result seemed odd. I was tickled to death that I was shooting well enough to discern a small POI deviation at 15 and 25 today, but haven't ruled out that it may be me that was off. I see most other posts on POI deviations are with larger Glocks, not the subcompacts.
    Last edited by ST911; 02-23-2013 at 09:43 PM.

My replacement set of Ameriglo SW-201s....the rear sight just snapped itself off in mid-string, today. Dovetail's still in place, the rest just sheared right the hell off.

First set, the painted disc started to come free on the front; they replaced the set. Good on them, but now this....? I'm unwilling to give these guys another shot, so I'm gonna see how one of the Warren 1-dot rears works with it.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    My replacement set of Ameriglo SW-201s....the rear sight just snapped itself off in mid-string, today. Dovetail's still in place, the rest just sheared right the hell off.

First set, the painted disc started to come free on the front; they replaced the set. Good on them, but now this....?
    Man, you're like, jinxed, or something.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List