Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S&W bringing back the M&P 15/22 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I got mine on GB cheap, and ended up selling it after one single magazine through it for a huge profit to a friend of mine, who really helped me out when I needed cash in a hurry. I don't feel bad for making that profit, as he sold it soon after to some guy and cleared a quick $100 profit on it. I had a couple of guns that really sold high. The one that really killed me was when a bidding war broke out on my Astra A100. I liked the gun well enough, one of many perfectly fine Astra guns, but I made like $200+ on it. It was crazy how these two guys kept jacking the price up. It was in about 99% condition, with the box, 3 mags and even the sales receipt, but $520, including shipping was just crazy. The winner loved it, and the feedback I got on it from him was very nice. Selling like a dozen guns paid my taxes and mortgage for a month as a bonus, and it was the turning point in my finances, as I've sold only a couple of duplicate guns and added a ton more to my collection.
    https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

I would want to familiarize myself with the ATF guidance on selling guns for profit.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a CMMG 22lr upper (16") on one of my lowers. It's a blast as it is, but just the other day I was thinking of a short barrel and running it on one of my SBR lowers. I use the Better-Mag adapter for 15-22 mags; never had a malfunction and the gun will run with absolutely any 22lr ammo (versus my wife's 10/22 and 22/45)

Is this pistol worth getting instead of a short upper to put on an SBR'd lower? I've never owned a semi auto .22 rifle and the 10/22 always won out over the AR platform when the topic came up, if starting from scratch.

The issue with a .22 AR upper is that almost everything costs as much as a 5.56 upper.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Is this pistol worth getting instead of a short upper to put on an SBR'd lower? I've never owned a semi auto .22 rifle and the 10/22 always won out over the AR platform when the topic came up, if starting from scratch.

The issue with a .22 AR upper is that almost everything costs as much as a 5.56 upper.
    Why wouldn't anything decent cost as much as a cheap 5.56 upper ?

.22 ammo is cheap, that doesn't mean decent guns chambered for it are. Just like people bitching about quality (S&W / Ruger) .22 revolver costs.

If the difference in ammo costs the first year(especially this year) don't exceed the cost of the .22 upper PF might not be your kind of place.

The 10/22, like the SIG SP2022 and the S&W 442/642 revolvers, is an anomaly in that both sunk costs and efficiency from building millions of them have artificially suppressed the price.

LGS where I used to work got some in. Put $100 down on one today to hold until year end bonus and Christmas cash come in. Handling the display model, it’s everything I wanted. I have a Timney trigger in a drawer I’ll drop in it, then something like a cheap Sig or Vortex dot and a Surefire. Yessir!!!

@GJM have you gotten yours yet? Any feedback?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Picked mine up today at the LGS. Very attractive looking and feeling. Hit the range, and it would not feed Mini Mag 40 grain jacketed ammo. I lubed it, and it still would not get through a part of a magazine. Tried Fiocchi and same result. Will call S&W in the morning for a return label. Darn.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I wish this would have come out 4 years ago when I was shooting a lot of 22 at night. No issue with the full size 15-22, it was just a long setup with a can. Back then people wanted $700+ for used 15-22 pistols and I wanted to build a replica of my SBR.

Feel like I Iearned a lot about weaponlights... And that I was in need of some good lowlight instruction.

Hmm, maybe get one for the "kiddos"...

Is S&W selling the short barreled upper as a stand alone item?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    Is S&W selling the short barreled upper as a stand alone item?
    No.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Picked mine up today at the LGS. Very attractive looking and feeling. Hit the range, and it would not feed Mini Mag 40 grain jacketed ammo. I lubed it, and it still would not get through a part of a magazine. Tried Fiocchi and same result. Will call S&W in the morning for a return label. Darn.
    Glad I got the Tippman instead.

User Tag List