Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Safariland for Beretta 92G Brig Tac with X300 Ultra

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Attachment 53482

Attachment 53483

Link below and photo credit to an older article on this holster

https://soldiersystems.net/2013/04/2...st-safariland/
    Thanks - that explains the strap on the outside as well.

Did your holster come with the flap ?

Of are they all in a box in the back corner of an armory somewhere ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    CopQuest has some LASD-specific holsters, this is for a regular 92F with an MR11 adapter: https://www.copquest.com/safariland-...er_23-1041.htm

I'd give that a try and see if it fits.
    It says it’s developed to take the gun off safe during the draw stroke.

Is it different than a normal SLS hood and holster?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I can try it once the holster gets here.
    The seller got back to me and let me know it will work with an X300 Ultra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post

Just to verify before I buy one; it does fit the Brigadier slide?

Site Supporter

So it may accommodate the x300 ultra but it will not accommodate berettas with rails.

This was developed for regular M9s with the bolt on light rail adaptors like the SF MR-11 adaptor. There are two internal ribs that apparently fill the gap between the light/adaptor an frame of the standard M9.

Regular M9 fits.

Brig-tac, cent-tac and Vertec all would not fit with or without the SF light. The railed portion of the dust cover hits the internal ribs.

For $40 I’m sure they could be dremeled out but I’m sure if you wait cloners and LARPing Air sifters will pay big bucks for these.

Site Supporter
    You can see tne internal ribs which apparently only work with regular M9s and the SF MR-11 light adaptor. Unlike other SLS WML holsters, due to the ribs this one will also securely retain a regular M9 without the WML or the adaptor.

Name:  483907E3-6583-4DC4-AF00-59ECD9080434.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  29.1 KB

Name:  7E621F02-D01C-4C82-8959-9F4E7168FEFC.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  66ED1087-ECED-4086-A8DC-976DC7A60721.jpg
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  44607AFE-24C7-4E7D-82C2-16E7D2DAD45E.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  00526EC6-E52E-474F-8EA2-295BF3FA6AA6.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  31.9 KB

Ok still trying to narrow it down, and thanks everyone for your contributions. Damn there are a TON of Safariland models and trying to wade through them and all the options is quite a task.

I am trying to search for a Safariland with ALS only that will accommodate the Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical with a Surefire X300 Ultra light attached. Does such a model exist?
    Nope or I’d have one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It says it’s developed to take the gun off safe during the draw stroke.

Is it different than a normal SLS hood and holster?
    I have no clue, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can see tne internal ribs which apparently only work with regular M9s and the SF MR-11 light adaptor. Unlike other SLS WML holsters, due to the ribs this one will also securely retain a regular M9 without the WML or the adaptor.

Name:  483907E3-6583-4DC4-AF00-59ECD9080434.jpg
Size:  29.1 KB

Name:  7E621F02-D01C-4C82-8959-9F4E7168FEFC.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  66ED1087-ECED-4086-A8DC-976DC7A60721.jpg
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  44607AFE-24C7-4E7D-82C2-16E7D2DAD45E.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  00526EC6-E52E-474F-8EA2-295BF3FA6AA6.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  31.9 KB
    Well, I received the holster today and sure enough, it would not fit the Brig Tac with X300 Ultra attached (or unattached, for that matter. It just doesn’t fit a Brig Tac). Thank goodness I’ve got a good ole dremel! Went to town on those internal plastic ribs as each of them can be removed quite easily by unscrewing 3 screws from each one. They then pop out of the holster and you can work on them indipendently. Probably a half hours’ work as I had to dremel, test, dremel, test, etc. It works pretty well now and the SLS will engage like it should. The retention isn’t perfect, and it’s probably on the tighter side than what I would like, but I don’t want to dremel off any more material and I’d rather it be slightly tight than slightly loose.

I also took off the 3-button flap thingy on the one side and the little patch on the other.

Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Well, I received the holster today and sure enough, it would not fit the Brig Tac with X300 Ultra attached (or unattached, for that matter. It just doesn’t fit a Brig Tac). Thank goodness I’ve got a good ole dremel! Went to town on those internal plastic ribs as each of them can be removed quite easily by unscrewing 3 screws from each one. They then pop out of the holster and you can work on them indipendently. Probably a half hours’ work as I had to dremel, test, dremel, test, etc. It works pretty well now and the SLS will engage like it should. The retention isn’t perfect, and it’s probably on the tighter side than what I would like, but I don’t want to dremel off any more material and I’d rather it be slightly tight than slightly loose.

I also took off the 3-button flap thingy on the one side and the little patch on the other.

Does the hood have plenty of clearance? Somehow I was able to get both an LTT full-size and a Cent Tac to fit in this holster (without light attached) but the hood was so tight over the hammer it made flipping it down difficult

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

User Tag List