Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Magpul TMAG30

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I switched over to Lancer years ago. I've been really happy with them.

I wouldn't go back to PMAGS unless they made some other functional improvements
    In my admittedly limited and not at all hard use, my couple of Lancer mags have had more issues than my mostly Gen 2 Pmags.

I even have a couple of ETS AR mags, but their handgun mags have left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't trust them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    In my admittedly limited and not at all hard use, my couple of Lancer mags have had more issues than my mostly Gen 2 Pmags.

I even have a couple of ETS AR mags, but their handgun mags have left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't trust them at all.
    ETS makes absolute garbage. When people recommend them I can only assume they've been "flawless" for Instagram posts and never used on the range.

RE PMAGS: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-created-equal

I've had better luck with Lancers seating. I use the Smoke and translucent FDE colored ones in 20 and 30 rds. The FDE is nice because I can sharpie the round count lines(and add others).

I'm losing my mind

I was absolutely certain I had seen clear pmags from over a decade ago, and thought I might t even have a prototype.

Went out to the shop, dug around in some boxes, and found the mags pictured below 🤓

I think what I remember having was prototype window pmags before they became a production item.

Name:  IMG_3167.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  50.0 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm losing my mind

I was absolutely certain I had seen clear pmags from over a decade ago, and thought I might t even have a prototype.

Went out to the shop, dug around in some boxes, and found the mags pictured below 🤓

I think what I remember having was prototype window pmags before they became a production item.
    Does Tango Down still make the ARC mag? Perpetually out of stock on their website, and Midway no longer lists them. Neither does BCM.

Yawn. Call me when they come out with a translucent D60 Drum Mag.

Just kidding.

My fancy mags are the windowed Magpul Emags but I just realized they stopped making them. When I travel to VA I might pick up a Tmag or 2.

ETS makes absolute garbage. When people recommend them I can only assume they've been "flawless" for Instagram posts and never used on the range.

I own ETS mags for a G19 and use them specifically for training on malfunction clearance. They are very reliable at being unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Does Tango Down still make the ARC mag? Perpetually out of stock on their website, and Midway no longer lists them. Neither does BCM.
    no clue.

I have these two clear ones, plus another 1 or 2 of the solid, plus some 20s.

if anyone wants them shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I remember flipping through a gun mag 30 years ago and seeing pics of the Sig 550 that came with proprietary see-through mags. I don’t know how tough or reliable they were but they were military issue for the Swiss military. Fast forward to today and we finally have clear AR mags.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I remember flipping through a gun mag 30 years ago and seeing pics of the Sig 550 that came with proprietary see-through mags. I don’t know how tough or reliable they were but they were military issue for the Swiss military. Fast forward to today and we finally have clear AR mags.
    In the early-mid 90's, there were a couple of clear AR magazines on the market...Eagle and Ram-Line if I remember correctly. One of them (can't remember which) used a flat steel coil spring rather than the standard magazine spring...it was attached at the top near the feed lips and to the follower and would unfurl and retract as the follower moved up and down the body.

edit to add:

Did a search and found a pic of the Eagle magazines. You can see the rivets at the top of the magazine that attached the flat springs to the body and the springs coiled under the follower...

Name:  eagle magazines.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  eagle magazines 2.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  87.7 KB
    Last edited by kwb377; 01-17-2024 at 12:30 AM.

ETS makes absolute garbage.
    My experience with ETS was more ... nuanced.

My ETS magazines for Glock 42 always gave me an outstanding service. They are impact-resistant, durable, and reliable. I clean them once in a while, by wiping the inside with a chunk of an old bedsheet. Note that I only have 9- and 12-round varieties. The 7-round version seems like an attempt to cram an extra round where it does not belong, but I don't know about it first hand.

The ETS magazines for SIG P320 were a disappointment. I only have two, and I had to replace one of them. The issues were related to bad sculpture of their followers, rather than to the formulation of the plastic in their magazine bodies. They were just a rush job, needed a few tweaks - a deeper LRBHO pawl indentation, anti-tilt legs, maybe some re-profiling to the inside of the magazine. I think they took their Glock magazine and adapted it hastily to P320, with a predicable result.

User Tag List