Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2" and 2.5" K Frames Are Cool.

Quick and dirty picture of my 4 2.5" Model 19s.

Top two are Department of State 19-5s with their signature matte black finish and .4" wide smooth "Combat" trigger. One has been lettered. From what I can gather, these were shipped with the standard panels but most are found on the market with Pachmyers. I've found at least one photo with the 19-5 wearing service panels in use. You'll notice the top gun has a more matte finish than the lower gun, being purchased in different batches. It's more of a satin finish like @WobblyPossum's. These guns tend to be in very good condition, having only been issued from 1986 to 1993 when the Diplomatic Security Service switched to the SIG P228. Additionally during the 80s, DSS Special Agents were subject to overly restrictive carriage policies which prohibited the carriage of weapons unless in the field on a criminal investigation or protection detail...so the guns spent a lot of time sitting in armories. Further, I believe many of the guns on the market to be spares from the armory/field offices, as from what I gather most of the issues guns were bought by agents from a distributor who bought them from State (this was prior to the CFR restricting resale of federal guns).

The bottom two guns are well worn beaters. The blued one has lots of finish wear and the action was worked over by Sandy Garrett. The other one is wearing NP3 and is a gun salvaged from a retired cop's boat in Montauk, NY. It's restoration is detailed further in this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....agnum-2-5-quot

Name:  IMG_20240106_210556405_PORTRAIT.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  37.3 KB
    Last edited by TGS; 01-06-2024 at 09:29 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

They really are neat guns. Mine is definitely not in pristine condition. It’s got holster wear on the sides of the barrel and the edges of the cylinder and has a little endshake. It’s been carried and shot a decent amount. I wish I could find out if that was wear it earned in service or if it was one of those reserve guns kept in an arms room that someone later purchased on the open market and carried. I choose to pretend it’s service connected wear and tear.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter

My 66-2 2 1/2 Inch has some new Stocks

Stopped in at my LGS on the way home from work yesterday to check out the used Stocks Bin and found these. Ahrends S&W Tactical Round Butt Smooth Stocks in Oil Finished Cocobolo. I asked what they wanted for them and nearly fell over. He said take them home and make sure they fit, bring back $10 if they do! Needless to say I'm stopping by with Ten Bucks after work...

Name:  Ahrends Stocks.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  79.3 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Steal of the year right there.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Stopped in at my LGS on the way home from work yesterday to check out the used Stocks Bin and found these. Ahrends S&W Tactical Round Butt Smooth Stocks in Oil Finished Cocobolo. I asked what they wanted for them and nearly fell over. He said take them home and make sure they fit, bring back $10 if they do! Needless to say I'm stopping by with Ten Bucks after work...

Name:  Ahrends Stocks.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  79.3 KB
    You can’t buy rough cocobolo blanks of that quality for $10.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I think these are all of my 2”-2.5” Ks.
    Is that the elusive 2.5” Model 10 near the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Is that the elusive 2.5” Model 10 near the bottom?
    Yup!

Name:  20240112_181453.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  102.3 KB

I only have one, but I like it a lot.

I don't shoot it well, though..

Site Supporter
    Saw this one at a pawn shop earlier today.

Finish isn't the greatest and a little high $$-wise for the condition (in my mind), but the action was buttery smooth and a little time with some Kroil and bronze wool would help the aesthetics...still waffling on whether to go back and grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post

I only have one, but I like it a lot.

I don't shoot it well, though..
    Gotta' getchu' some real stocks. The panels have a classic look but absolutely suck for shooting, so I'm not surprised you feel as if you don't shoot it well.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List