Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

Kydex holster came from Dara Holsters. I prefer the Vedder light tuck but they dont offer it for the Beretta 81/84.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I do not carry AIWB, and will not replace my G26, G19, or Sig P365 any time soon.

However, for someone who wants a DA first shot in a gun sized for concealment, there are few options. The PX4 has an excellent reputation but is quite thick. Most DA 9mm options either have reduced capacity from being single stack or are relatively large.
    My PX4 is 1.2" wide (stealth levers). Beretta's site says 1.4 for the Cheetah (just as for the stock PX4) ... but where is that measured? I'm not seeing it.

(edit: if anyone had a chance to revisit the range, sample velocity #s would be very appreciated, and a (real) gel test with just about any defensive ammo would be astounding)
    Last edited by No.6; 01-17-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    The more I look at this, the more I see it as a James Bond/femme fatale 'little black dress gun' of the 21st century. I know a lot of folks want a version of this with more classic & original lines, and I love those too, but I also love this one's cyberpunk-esque appearance. Has all the panache and DNA of the classic but with all the modern working gun sort of features.

My gun budget is really limited this year but I'll be selling off some other stuff to fund at least one of these, that much is for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The more I look at this, the more I see it as a James Bond/femme fatale 'little black dress gun' of the 21st century. I know a lot of folks want a version of this with more classic & original lines, and I love those too, but I also love this one's cyberpunk-esque appearance. Has all the panache and DNA of the classic but with all the modern working gun sort of features.

My gun budget is really limited this year but I'll be selling off some other stuff to fund at least one of these, that much is for sure!
    Yeah my first thought upon seeing it was "Well hell, they ditched the swoopy/svelte lines of the original and made a mini-LTT". Then I stopped and thought about why on earth that would be a bad thing. Then I shot it and forgot about the looks completely.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

As an owner of an original, I like the look of the classics, but I kinda like the look of this, too. Street price of 650-700 is fine with me. We'll see.

Reason for the test curiosity: power factor (as a means of handling different projectile weights vs. velocity) varies of course linearly with barrel length, but in the 300+ samples I scavenged from other people's tests, the direct blowback pistols were (not surprisingly) faster. I have yet to find a test with original or new Cheetahs.

(average chosen over median because of variations in sample size)

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Yeah my first thought upon seeing it was "Well hell, they ditched the swoopy/svelte lines of the original and made a mini-LTT". Then I stopped and thought about why on earth that would be a bad thing. Then I shot it and forgot about the looks completely.
    I don't own a .380 and have no interest in .380 and I can't stop thinking about how cool this pistol would be.

I partially blame Charles Bronson in Death Wish II for all the work he put in with something similar. At the time I was a .45 cultist and thought that unfortunate. lol
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I don't own a .380 and have no interest in .380 and I can't stop thinking about how cool this pistol would be.
    Don't think of it as adding a new caliber, because you won't be able to find .380 ammo, anyway.

I'm looking forward to fondling one.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Don't think of it as adding a new caliber, because you won't be able to find .380 ammo, anyway.

Ha! Now that's funny! Problem solved!

I had a nice G42 early on and gifted it to a DIL and have a few boxes of ammo laying around here still. And my super power is rationalization so . . .
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter

.380 Ammo and the Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post

Lots of .380 in the Minneapolis metro Gunstores … but not as affordable as the 9mm bulk of course

I also prefer the classic Cheetah and was able to find a minty 85 import with a very slight import mark
    for $425

I don’t mind the single column mags as I still get 4 more rounds than my J frames that I carry almost exclusively
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List