Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

Site Supporter
    I've owned the variations that were forerunners of this pistol. Their blow back design made them have a big felt recoil sensation. They are fine pistols but now would be considered big for their caliber. Despite not having fixed barrels, my specimens were tin can accurate at 50 yards. My favorite was the single stack M-85. The variations that I owned all shot high.

It might be a cop-out, but I'd ask y'all to handle/shoot (or talk to someone who has) this gun before passing judgement on what is or is not possible in what Graham said. He's the Director of Product Management for Beretta USA; he knows what he's talking about for one of our latest major launches...

The redesign of the gun included requirements for a lower threshold force to rack the slide, and as low as possible felt recoil. We've been working on this gun for several years now to get this right, and the team in Italy knocked it out of the park.

I realize I'll be seen as a biased source on this, and yes a blowback is still a blowback so the the recoil impulse is rather quick, but for me; that peak is still well within the fun band, and the slide is stupid easy to manipulate.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

I got to shoot this a fair bit yesterday. I shot it like crazy until they had to pry me away to go shoot more shotguns. It shoots like a dream. The slide is easy to rack, recoil is far less snappy than, say, a Shield or P365, and the trigger is the best factory DA trigger I've ever shot.

Is it perfect? No. I want it in .32, I'd like a rail-less version, and they need to do the hump-backed grips like they do for the 92X series. But I'm still going to buy one or two and they'll see use as a lazy-day carry gun. They're just incredibly shootable guns, and a great choice for newer shooters especially.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Thank you @Ben_G for you participating here and Beretta for putting something really useful out there. This fills a void.

Now you just need to release a version of the 92 with Cheetah style controls (or a Cheetah with 92 controls). I don’t want to have to buy a Bersa TP9 just so I have a full size gun with similar controls!

Seriously, thank you and Beretta for this. I’m more excited about this than any gun in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I got to shoot this a fair bit yesterday. I shot it like crazy until they had to pry me away to go shoot more shotguns. It shoots like a dream. The slide is easy to rack, recoil is far less snappy than, say, a Shield or P365, and the trigger is the best factory DA trigger I've ever shot.

Is it perfect? No. I want it in .32, I'd like a rail-less version, and they need to do the hump-backed grips like they do for the 92X series. But I'm still going to buy one or two and they'll see use as a lazy-day carry gun. They're just incredibly shootable guns, and a great choice for newer shooters especially.
    I've been looking around for a Browning BDA for something between j-frame and 92F. Now Beretta got inside my head and solved that problem.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Multiple threads have discussed the advantages of a first shot DA trigger pull for AIWB carry and for threat management, but realistic options for concealed carry are not keeping up with striker fired guns. This appears to be a nice option.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Multiple threads have discussed the advantages of a first shot DA trigger pull for AIWB carry and for threat management, but realistic options for concealed carry are not keeping up with striker fired guns. This appears to be a nice option.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

What’s your rationale for carrying a 380 that’s equivalent in most ways to a 9x19?

No slam on the gun, I own lots of guns that are cool and fun to shoot.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

What’s your rationale for carrying a 380 that’s equivalent in most ways to a 9x19?

No slam on the gun, I own lots of guns that are cool and fun to shoot.
    I do not carry AIWB, and will not replace my G26, G19, or Sig P365 any time soon.

However, for someone who wants a DA first shot in a gun sized for concealment, there are few options. The PX4 has an excellent reputation but is quite thick. Most DA 9mm options either have reduced capacity from being single stack or are relatively large.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodmaker View Post
    A few years ago various importers were selling surplus model 81, .32acp for 200 bucks a pop. Didn't order them all at once but I ended up with three. Wish I snapped up more at that price. Splended little pistols. Accurate and next to no recoil. Tight groups even at mag dump speed. The Mrs commandeered two of them, one for her car and one at home. The third ( 81BB ) is in my get home bag with a couple of spare mags, a ziplock bag with 100 rounds of ammo in it, and a kydex IWB. Want an eye opener? Lay baggies with 100 rounds each of .32, 9mm and .45 next to each other. Then weigh them. IMO, perfect set up a get home bag, lots firepower for the space and weight.

My opinion of the 80X. I think it will shine as a BUG competion piece, but for carry, they should bring back the old 81/84, either the BB or FS versions.
    Where did you find kydex for an 81BB?
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 01-17-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Where did you find kydex for an 81BB?
    Inquiring minds want to know

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List