Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If anyone is looking to ditch the 2-piece guide rod and holed plug from a 4.25 model, Hilton Yam has the more traditional short Commander recoil guide and closed reverse plug on his website.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Pic lifted off Yam's facebook.com page:

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like a great set up. When I get my 4.25 back from Geneseo, I’ll pick up this set up. I assume my gun will run without drama. That’s my hope!

Thanks for posting this. Looks like a great set up. When I get my 4.25 back from Geneseo, I’ll pick up this set up. I assume my gun will run without drama. That’s my hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Looks like a great set up. When I get my 4.25 back from Geneseo, I’ll pick up this set up. I assume my gun will run without drama. That’s my hope!
    EGW is offering a similar setup. They have a keyed version if you wanted to close off the front end.

https://www.egwguns.com/springfield-...se-plug-blue-2

https://www.egwguns.com/springfield-...ing-guide-ss-1

EGW is offering a similar setup. They have a keyed version if you wanted to close off the front end.

https://www.egwguns.com/springfield-...se-plug-blue-2

https://www.egwguns.com/springfield-...ing-guide-ss-1

Looks to me like I could use the stock spring for either of these options, unless there is a better choice recoil spring for a reliable functioning 4.25.

Patiently Waiting for SA Fixes

I’m patiently waiting for SA to fix my pistol and send it back to me, fully functional.

Just got my 4.25 back from Springfield. They had it about 3 weeks. It was hanging up on the disconnect, and having FTF issues.

They polished and recut the barrel ramp, reamed and polished the chamber, and polished the disconnect. They also installed 19# Wolff mainspring per the invoice.
    They forgot to include my 17rd mag in the return, but have reached out and they are sending a replacement.

I received the atlas tooless guide rod and EGW slide stop while it was gone.

The atlas rod wants to hang up the slide occasionally, and the pin on the slide stop is going to need fitting. Definitely not drop in.

Removed the atlas guide rod, since it was hanging up slide, and went back to stock. May end up trying the 10-8 setup.

Range trip this weekend consisted of:
    50rds S&B
    50rds Blazer
    50rds Norma
    All 124gn. No issues whatsoever.

Before it couldn’t get through a full mag without it hanging up the slide, or the round hitting the feed ramp and going vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotundra View Post
    Just got my 4.25 back from Springfield. They had it about 3 weeks. It was hanging up on the disconnect, and having FTF issues.

They polished and recut the barrel ramp, reamed and polished the chamber, and polished the disconnect. They also installed 19# Wolff mainspring per the invoice.
    They forgot to include my 17rd mag in the return, but have reached out and they are sending a replacement.

I received the atlas tooless guide rod and EGW slide stop while it was gone.

The atlas rod wants to hang up the slide occasionally, and the pin on the slide stop is going to need fitting. Definitely not drop in.

Removed the atlas guide rod, since it was hanging up slide, and went back to stock. May end up trying the 10-8 setup.

Range trip this weekend consisted of:
    50rds S&B
    50rds Blazer
    50rds Norma
    All 124gn. No issues whatsoever.

Before it couldn’t get through a full mag without it hanging up the slide, or the round hitting the feed ramp and going vertical.
    What size pin did the EGW slide stop have? Was it a 200? Was it the prodigy specific slide stop they sell?

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    What size pin did the EGW slide stop have? Was it a 200? Was it the prodigy specific slide stop they sell?

It was 200. It was the blued Prodigy specific slide stop here:
    https://www.egwguns.com/hd-block-sli...-steel-blued-1

User Tag List